|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #2260 on: September 24, 2026, 05:54:40 AM » |
|
Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.
I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
|
ColinB
|
 |
« Reply #2261 on: September 25, 2026, 09:57:37 AM » |
|
Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.
I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades. This seems to be a Groundhog Day subject about whether you should listen to someone's music if you're aware of their politics. Me, I've only ever heard Rose Tattoo's first album from 1978. It's one of my favourite rock albums and I've just downloaded it from 7digital as I previously had it on cassette. I don't really care about what Mr Anderson's politics were but he's dead now so what does it matter?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Nick Reg
|
 |
« Reply #2262 on: September 25, 2026, 11:20:00 AM » |
|
Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.
I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades. This seems to be a Groundhog Day subject about whether you should listen to someone's music if you're aware of their politics. Me, I've only ever heard Rose Tattoo's first album from 1978. It's one of my favourite rock albums and I've just downloaded it from 7digital as I previously had it on cassette. I don't really care about what Mr Anderson's politics were but he's dead now so what does it matter? That's all very well as long as the income isn't funding dodgy activities.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
|
|
|
|
RobertD
|
 |
« Reply #2263 on: September 27, 2026, 02:22:40 PM » |
|
Just seen via Kathryn Tickell's Instagram page that Bob Davenport has died. Source of many songs covered by many over the years, but in terms of this forum, he was the source of The Hexhamshire Lass. 94 years, so good innings as they say. Have a couple of songs on some compilations I will play in his honor today.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
|
|
|
|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #2264 on: September 27, 2026, 03:26:23 PM » |
|
Just seen via Kathryn Tickell's Instagram page that Bob Davenport has died. Source of many songs covered by many over the years, but in terms of this forum, he was the source of The Hexhamshire Lass. 94 years, so good innings as they say. Have a couple of songs on some compilations I will play in his honor today.
He played my first Cropredy too...'84. RIP, Sir.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
Big Ade
Not the post card I expected
Full Member
 
Offline
Posts: 100
Loc: Dunblane, scotland
|
 |
« Reply #2265 on: October 02, 2026, 07:50:10 PM » |
|
Conrad Lant, a.k.a Cronos from the death metal pioneers Venom. Among his influences, he quoted Lemmy, Gene Simmons and.... Ian Anderson!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
There's nothing wrong with being normal, just don't be ordinary.
|
|
|
|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #2266 on: October 03, 2026, 11:25:35 AM » |
|
Conrad Lant, a.k.a Cronos from the death metal pioneers Venom. Among his influences, he quoted Lemmy, Gene Simmons and.... Ian Anderson!
And he was a HUGE Kate Bush fan. Really interesting bloke...big birder too.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
|
garrypbrooks
|
 |
« Reply #2267 on: October 03, 2026, 06:42:06 PM » |
|
Just seen via Kathryn Tickell's Instagram page that Bob Davenport has died. Source of many songs covered by many over the years, but in terms of this forum, he was the source of The Hexhamshire Lass. 94 years, so good innings as they say. Have a couple of songs on some compilations I will play in his honor today.
He played my first Cropredy too...'84. RIP, Sir. Good obituary at https://chimeo.com/article/Bob-Davenport--From-Gateshead-To-Newport
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #2268 on: Today at 01:13:25 PM » |
|
The great Keith Christmas. Had absolutely no idea he was ill (I was conversing with him and buying some rare tapes off him just a few weeks ago). Apparently he's has renal unpleasantness for about 4 years....F***ing cancer....
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
|
Nick Reg
|
 |
« Reply #2269 on: Today at 02:10:01 PM » |
|
The great Keith Christmas. Had absolutely no idea he was ill (I was conversing with him and buying some rare tapes off him just a few weeks ago). Apparently he's has renal unpleasantness for about 4 years....F***ing cancer....
My old Uni friend Doug, of the band Living The Poundshop Life, was a friend of his. The only time I saw KC was with Doug, before he new KC, at The Van Dyke in Plymouth. I think it was the night before the famous police raid when Fairport were playng. KC had been a late replacement for John Martyn.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
|
|
|
|