TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 02, 2026, 10:13:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP- musicians  (Read 399428 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12875
Loc: Caer



WWW
« Reply #2260 on: September 24, 2026, 05:54:40 AM »



Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.  

I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry


And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades.
Logged

Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1760
Loc: Lancaster



WWW
« Reply #2261 on: September 25, 2026, 09:57:37 AM »




Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.  

I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry


And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades.


This seems to be a Groundhog Day subject about whether you should listen to someone's music if you're aware of their politics.

Me, I've only ever heard Rose Tattoo's first album from 1978. It's one of my favourite rock albums and I've just downloaded it from 7digital as I previously had it on cassette.

I don't really care about what Mr Anderson's politics were but he's dead now so what does it matter?
Logged

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 3141
Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS


Merry Hell have been


« Reply #2262 on: September 25, 2026, 11:20:00 AM »





Angry Anderson of Aussie rockers Rose Tattoo. He'll also be remembered for starring in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome alongside Tina Turner.  

I think he'll mainly be remembered for singing the song that Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan walked down the aisle to in Neighbours... RIP Angry


And for vocally supporting extreme right wing politics during his last couple of decades.


This seems to be a Groundhog Day subject about whether you should listen to someone's music if you're aware of their politics.

Me, I've only ever heard Rose Tattoo's first album from 1978. It's one of my favourite rock albums and I've just downloaded it from 7digital as I previously had it on cassette.

I don't really care about what Mr Anderson's politics were but he's dead now so what does it matter?

That's all very well as long as the income isn't funding dodgy activities.
Logged

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 2032
Loc: New York City



WWW
« Reply #2263 on: September 27, 2026, 02:22:40 PM »

Just seen via Kathryn Tickell's Instagram page that Bob Davenport has died. Source of many songs covered by many over the years, but in terms of this forum, he was the source of The Hexhamshire Lass. 94 years, so good innings as they say. Have a couple of songs on some compilations I will play in his honor today.
Logged

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12875
Loc: Caer



WWW
« Reply #2264 on: September 27, 2026, 03:26:23 PM »


Just seen via Kathryn Tickell's Instagram page that Bob Davenport has died. Source of many songs covered by many over the years, but in terms of this forum, he was the source of The Hexhamshire Lass. 94 years, so good innings as they say. Have a couple of songs on some compilations I will play in his honor today.


He played my first Cropredy too...'84.  RIP, Sir.
Logged

Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
Big Ade
Not the post card I expected
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 100
Loc: Dunblane, scotland


WWW
« Reply #2265 on: Today at 07:50:10 PM »

Conrad Lant, a.k.a Cronos from the death metal pioneers Venom. Among his influences, he quoted Lemmy, Gene Simmons and.... Ian Anderson!
Logged

There's nothing wrong with being normal, just don't be ordinary.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 16 queries.