TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1072577 times)
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1700 on: August 19, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »

Disc 4 of the Cropredy Capers box has the 1989 rendition clocking in at 19:25

And wasn't there a "megamix" compiled from numerous versions? Or did I dream that?

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1701 on: August 19, 2021, 04:13:44 PM »

I did dream that - 'twas a Matty Megamix I was thinking of! Doh...

Flobbadob!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1702 on: August 19, 2021, 04:16:47 PM »

Disc 4 of the Cropredy Capers box has the 1989 rendition clocking in at 19:25

Yes, just a few seconds shorter than our champion from 1983.
malcolm talking elephant
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

« Reply #1703 on: August 24, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »

I think Who Knows Woodworm Archives Vol 1 comes in at 18.15, probably witnessed it back in 1975 but Who Knows!!!
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1704 on: August 24, 2021, 08:02:54 PM »

Does anyone know, or will admit to being, the person who posts the wonderful Cropredy videos on YouTube under the name Watchawhile ?
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #1705 on: August 24, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »

Rag 'n' Bone Man chose Who Knows Where the Time Goes as one of his Tracks of my Years.

Paul

Yorkshire Chris
Did you have a Sloppy Guiseppe?

Loc: Yorkshire (who'd have guessed...!)

« Reply #1706 on: August 25, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »

Does anyone know, or will admit to being, the person who posts the wonderful Cropredy videos on YouTube under the name Watchawhile ?

The only clue on their profile is the location given as 'Ireland'. Doesn't really narrow it down admittedly.... Grin
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1707 on: August 25, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »

I see Thompy has cancelled his July date in Ipswich. 2022 it is for last year's solo gig, then.

I don’t understand why a 2020 gig can’t be slotted into a newly-announced tour for October 2021. I’m not one to generally pile in on ticket prices, tour management and/or rescheduling issues, but that’s taking the piss.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #1708 on: September 07, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »

Just booked Southport for the Wintour, do we know yet who is / if there is     a support act
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1709 on: October 18, 2021, 03:34:41 PM »

I saw the Fairport website had 'In the Club' by Simon and Swarb for sale at a fiver. I thought it sounded a bargain, so I ordered it. I'm listening to it now (I have to admit I'd never heard it before), very nice.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1710 on: October 18, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »

I saw the Fairport website had 'In the Club' by Simon and Swarb for sale at a fiver. I thought it sounded a bargain, so I ordered it. I'm listening to it now (I have to admit I'd never heard it before), very nice.

I might get myself that...if anyone ever finds one of the old tapes lying around, drop me a line.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1711 on: October 18, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »

Tomorrow at the Liverpool Philharmonic was previously listed as sold out, but it seems there are a few tickets left.
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1712 on: October 18, 2021, 07:22:23 PM »

Tomorrow at the Liverpool Philharmonic was previously listed as sold out, but it seems there are a few tickets left.

There is one less now  Smiley
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1713 on: October 19, 2021, 03:30:15 AM »

I might get myself that...if anyone ever finds one of the old tapes lying around, drop me a line.

Very enjoyable album. I play it semi-regularly. Right up there with some of the great Irish acoustic albums of the era. Reminder though that I must track down some of the other Simon and Swarb albums.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1714 on: October 21, 2021, 06:04:41 PM »

Sadly, Linda Thompson has Covid (as announced on FB):

I have covid. I know I have your good wishes so, no need to send any. Ha.
I have gone to the theatre 4 times in the last few weeks and have not been as mask aware as I should have been. Take care if you’re going out. Here in the U.K. cases  are really spiking.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #1715 on: November 15, 2021, 06:35:21 PM »

Just booked Southport for the Wintour, do we know yet who is / if there is     a support act

According to his website Luke Jackson is support for the tour. He's promoted by Image Acoustic who are based here in Lancaster but I've yet to see him play live. His last album Journals is pretty darned good.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1716 on: November 20, 2021, 06:08:40 AM »

Check out the new newsletter - the warmups are at a marquee at the Hook Norton brewery and there are tickets available (on the website)...plus DM for the Mon and plus DM & RT (doing Full House) for the Tuesday.  £30.  Don't mind if I do.  Oh, and they've done a limited run of the Farewell '79 tees (and a new Chrimbo one).  At least I have some benefit from waking up at 4am this morning...

In other thoughts.  I suddenly realised next year is the 25th anniversary of Chris joining.  And the following year (I think?) will be the 25th anniversary of the current band?!!!  How the hell did that all happen?

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1717 on: November 20, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »

Check out the new newsletter - the warmups are at a marquee at the Hook Norton brewery and there are tickets available (on the website)...plus DM for the Mon and plus DM & RT (doing Full House) for the Tuesday.  £30.  Don't mind if I do.  Oh, and they've done a limited run of the Farewell '79 tees (and a new Chrimbo one).  At least I have some benefit from waking up at 4am this morning...

How fab is that? Thanks, David. Where, I wonder, is my newsletter?  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1718 on: November 21, 2021, 04:26:34 PM »

How fab is that? Thanks, David. Where, I wonder, is my newsletter?  Smiley

Going to try and get to this one!  Smiley

Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1719 on: November 21, 2021, 06:05:06 PM »

In other thoughts.  I suddenly realised next year is the 25th anniversary of Chris joining.  And the following year (I think?) will be the 25th anniversary of the current band?!!!  How the hell did that all happen?

2022 will also be the 55th anniversary of Fairport Convention itself/themselves (delete as appropriate).
Now where the hell have the last 5 years gone ?  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:26:13 PM by Dan O. » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: