TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 06, 2019, 09:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport-related Youtube Clips  (Read 571404 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1580 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »

the GPs Friday set being problematic due difficulties with one of the performers, no prizes for guessing which.

Just as well there's no prize, because I haven't got a clue.

Jules

Ralph, but that's a guess?

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1581 on: November 27, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »

If problematic due to contractual stuff Iíd lean more towards Richard who seemed not particularly nostalgic about The GPís. I seem to remember something to that effect in the Patrick Humphries book

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1582 on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »

If problematic due to contractual stuff Iíd lean more towards Richard who seemed not particularly nostalgic about The GPís. I seem to remember something to that effect in the Patrick Humphries book

Really? The last time they played (2009?) I seem to remember a very positive interview with him about them..

Once in a while, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1583 on: November 27, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »

Really? The last time they played (2009?) I seem to remember a very positive interview with him about them..

Happy to be proved wrong. But I remember in the book Richard basically saying it was just a thing done for fun and what was it? All of 6 gigs. I think maybe a little surprised people thought of it so fondly.Similar to  having kept Small Town Romance unavailable for a long time. He didnít think much of it but eventually came round.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

Omnia ti bi felicia

« Reply #1584 on: November 27, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »

'Twas Ralph that was named.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: