TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1072582 times)
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #1440 on: September 18, 2020, 08:19:08 AM »

I am reliably informed that Fairport & Lindisfarne were covered in yesterday's edition of Pointless. Watch this space until I catch up with Catchup  Wink
it was in the final round. Choice was “Folk rock and a Celtic punk”, with options, any member of Fairport, any studio album of Lindisfarne and any track off Pogues’ ultimate Greatest Hits. Contestants got three wrong answers. Unsurprisingly most Fairport members were pointless answers including Chris, Gerry and Jude.
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #1441 on: September 18, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »

I am reliably informed that Fairport & Lindisfarne were covered in yesterday's edition of Pointless. Watch this space until I catch up with Catchup  Wink
it was in the final round. Choice was “Folk rock and a Celtic punk”, with options, any member of Fairport, any studio album of Lindisfarne and any track off Pogues’ ultimate Greatest Hits. Contestants got three wrong answers. Unsurprisingly most Fairport members were pointless answers including Chris, Gerry and Jude.

This was briefly discussed in the 'I'm Watching' thread in the Corporation Arms yesterday

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #1442 on: September 18, 2020, 06:23:00 PM »

This was briefly discussed in the 'I'm Watching' thread in the Corporation Arms yesterday

At this point, David and Phil will probably want to head to the part of the board called "About The Corporation Arms" ...

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1443 on: September 28, 2020, 08:29:04 AM »

Anyone fork out for the Richard plays Fairport online thing?  If so, was it any good?  Does anybody know if it is possible to view it (legally) by paying after the event, or was it (will it be) only available to those that paid up previously?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1444 on: September 28, 2020, 09:25:12 AM »

I didn't watch it, nor can I answer your question, David, but this was the set list:

Jack O'Diamonds
One Sure Thing
She Moved Through the Fair
Who Knows Where the Time Goes?
Reynardine
Matty Groves
The Deserter
Crazy Man Michael
Sir Patrick Spens
Sloth
Now Be Thankful
Roll Over Vaughan Williams
The Poor Ditching Boy
I Still Miss Someone (with Zara Phillips)
Gone Gone Gone (with Zara Phillips)
Poor Will and the Jolly Hangman (with Zara Phillips)
Genesis Hall (with Zara Phillips)
Meet on the Ledge (with Zara Phillips)

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1445 on: September 28, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »

I didn't watch it, nor can I answer your question, David, but this was the set list:

Jack O'Diamonds
One Sure Thing
She Moved Through the Fair
Who Knows Where the Time Goes?
Reynardine
Matty Groves
The Deserter
Crazy Man Michael
Sir Patrick Spens
Sloth
Now Be Thankful
Roll Over Vaughan Williams
The Poor Ditching Boy
I Still Miss Someone (with Zara Phillips)
Gone Gone Gone (with Zara Phillips)
Poor Will and the Jolly Hangman (with Zara Phillips)
Genesis Hall (with Zara Phillips)
Meet on the Ledge (with Zara Phillips)

Whimper.  Going to have to see this somehow.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1446 on: September 28, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »

Whimper.  Going to have to see this somehow.

Let me know if you (& how) you manage it.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1447 on: October 11, 2020, 08:58:30 PM »

I know it's deeply flawed, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Cropredy Capers box which covers 'my era' rather well.  Not quite sure when I got ride of mine, but rather chuffed to have picked up a signed copy (Were they all signed?  Probably) for £30...

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1448 on: October 12, 2020, 09:17:47 AM »

I know it's deeply flawed, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Cropredy Capers box which covers 'my era' rather well.  Not quite sure when I got ride of mine, but rather chuffed to have picked up a signed copy (Were they all signed?  Probably) for £30...

No they weren't. I can't remember how many. Mine is signed but I know my brother's copy which he picked up later isn't.

It is a really enjoyable set, though like most of the Free Reed boxes I felt compelled to reorganise it into chronological order on my iTunes instead of the daft themed discs that they always use.  Roll Eyes
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1449 on: October 12, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »

No they weren't. I can't remember how many. Mine is signed but I know my brother's copy which he picked up later isn't.

It is a really enjoyable set, though like most of the Free Reed boxes I felt compelled to reorganise it into chronological order on my iTunes instead of the daft themed discs that they always use.  Roll Eyes

I've got a lot of the Free Reed sets and love them. Trouble is they take up a hell of a lot of room. And theres two pics of me in the Swarb set, and like a lot of subscribers my name is in the Peggy one. About time for a Simon one?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1450 on: October 12, 2020, 12:42:50 PM »

I've got a lot of the Free Reed sets and love them. Trouble is they take up a hell of a lot of room. And theres two pics of me in the Swarb set, and like a lot of subscribers my name is in the Peggy one. About time for a Simon one?

"Breckenridge Over The River Ash", perhaps?  Wink

Flobbadob!
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1451 on: October 12, 2020, 04:52:57 PM »

I don't remember what thread but I remember this signed copy discussion coming up not too long ago. I know mine was not. However a number of years ago a friend gave me a Music Autographs Poster which has the signatures (despite not having a photo of the current lineup!)

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1452 on: October 12, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »

I don't remember what thread but I remember this signed copy discussion coming up not too long ago. I know mine was not. However a number of years ago a friend gave me a Music Autographs Poster which has the signatures (despite not having a photo of the current lineup!)

The WKWTTG one?

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1453 on: October 12, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

The WKWTTG one?

Yes, the very same.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1454 on: October 22, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »

Anybody getting the “new” FC album Fame and Glory announced today on the website?

Born to Run (but not very fast)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1455 on: October 22, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »

Anybody getting the “new” FC album Fame and Glory announced today on the website?

No idea what the one unreleased track is like, of course, but approach with great caution is my personal advice.  Plenty of other opinions are available too....

Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #1456 on: October 22, 2020, 09:52:22 PM »

I love the original, but I'm not buying it again just to get three bonus tracks.

Paul

Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1457 on: October 23, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »

I love the original, but I'm not buying it again just to get three bonus tracks.

Paul

I somehow missed the original so have already ordered it!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1458 on: October 24, 2020, 12:28:38 AM »

It's released on Amazon on Nov 20, at which point the extra track(s) will, presumably, be downloadable individually for 99p.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1459 on: October 24, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »

It's released on Amazon on Nov 20, at which point the extra track(s) will, presumably, be downloadable individually for 99p.

Cherry Red have a flash sale this weekend on their website with 10 percent off everything if you want to pick up Fame and Glory there. It is not an album that I listen to much but CR have many other fine things.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: