TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:10:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1072605 times)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1060 on: February 16, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »

I love cruising... and there is no way that you are cooped up with other people,
It’s a fabulous holiday and way of seeing some bits of the world in a short time and to make the decision
To return to those places for a longer time.

Each to their own 😐🛳🛳🛳

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1061 on: February 16, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »

I love cruising... and there is no way that you are cooped up with other people,
It’s a fabulous holiday and way of seeing some bits of the world in a short time and to make the decision

Each to their own 😐🛳🛳🛳

You and me both  Grin. Been on 15 cruises in total and 100% agree with you...you can do as little or as much as you want and wake up in a different place or country almost every day taking your 4* hotel with you! Can’t beat it

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »

Each to their own 😐🛳🛳🛳

You and me both  Grin. Been on 15 cruises in total and 100% agree with you...you can do as little or as much as you want and wake up in a different place or country almost every day taking your 4* hotel with you! Can’t beat it

Couldn’t agree more! I was very skeptical, but we tried a cruise  for the first time a couple of years ago and loved it for all the reasons you gave. We’re off again in October half term, and I’ve just booked the transatlantic crossing for my 50th next year!
mightyglydd
An electric train freak should have no problems

Loc: Hollywood California

« Reply #1063 on: February 16, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »

Sounds like great fun, hope the lads stay out of the water....

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/rapid-expansion-of-wels-catfish-causing-takeover-of-german-rivers-a-878417.html

"Larger specimens have been observed to eat frogs, mice, rats, aquatic birds such as ducks and can also be cannibalistic."
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1064 on: February 16, 2019, 07:49:07 PM »

Each to their own 😐🛳🛳🛳

Couldn’t agree more! I was very skeptical, but we tried a cruise  for the first time a couple of years ago and loved it for all the reasons you gave. We’re off again in October half term, and I’ve just booked the transatlantic crossing for my 50th next year!

Brilliant Bingers and Adam,so glad it’s not just me!

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

Happy cruising!

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
madsue
susie-no-shoes

Loc: lanzarote

« Reply #1065 on: February 16, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »

Each to their own 😐🛳🛳🛳

Brilliant Bingers and Adam,so glad it’s not just me!

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

Happy cruising!

It's also my way of holidaying, especially as a solo traveller, but I like being on the sea, and so a river cruise doesn't really appeal, no matter who is on board Wink
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #1066 on: February 16, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »

I’m not sure about a ‘big ship’ cruise - but I’m going to try one before I fully have an opinion.

As for the river cruise with FC - it just seems like fun, and after all the work with the farm and clearing the farmhouse, I reckon I deserve a spectacular treat! I’m going to add time in Amsterdam and Basel to it, so I’ll manage three of my ‘bucket list’ - Amsterdam, river cruise and Switzerland - all in one go.

Believe me, I fully appreciate how ‘lucky’ I am to be able to do it.
(bearing in mind that in order to have the funds to be able to do it, I’ve lost the people I loved best)

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1067 on: February 16, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »

I’m not sure about a ‘big ship’ cruise - but I’m going to try one before I fully have an opinion.

As for the river cruise with FC - it just seems like fun, and after all the work with the farm and clearing the farmhouse, I reckon I deserve a spectacular treat! I’m going to add time in Amsterdam and Basel to it, so I’ll manage three of my ‘bucket list’ - Amsterdam, river cruise and Switzerland - all in one go.

Believe me, I fully appreciate how ‘lucky’ I am to be able to do it.
(bearing in mind that in order to have the funds to be able to do it, I’ve lost the people I loved best)

You deserve it Diane, enjoy it for me!

madsue
susie-no-shoes

« Reply #1068 on: February 16, 2019, 11:49:54 PM »

Enjoy it Delfina, and maybe then you will try a cruise on a big ship.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #1069 on: February 17, 2019, 01:21:18 PM »

All being well Sue, I’ll try a big ship cruise. I’m uncertain it’s for me - but it’d be a new experience, and I’m always up for that! I’m lucky, as I can (nearly always) enjoy things even if they don’t quite fit my expectations. Life is out there!

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
madsue
susie-no-shoes

« Reply #1070 on: February 17, 2019, 03:07:18 PM »

All being well Sue, I’ll try a big ship cruise. I’m uncertain it’s for me - but it’d be a new experience, and I’m always up for that! I’m lucky, as I can (nearly always) enjoy things even if they don’t quite fit my expectations. Life is out there!

That's the way I feel Diane.  Some of the cruises I've been on have been better than others, but like you say, I always enjoy them and life is out there!
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #1071 on: February 17, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »

My only comment to Daid's view is that I'd bet he#'d jump at a cruise if various bands like Trees were on board and it cost next to nothing/free.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1072 on: February 17, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »

My only comment to Daid's view is that I'd bet he#'d jump at a cruise if various bands like Trees were on board and it cost next to nothing/free.
It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that smaller less-well known bands could play cruises, but they would have to be supporting big names to sell spaces.

Cruise ships have to charge a lot - the expense of running a small town are phenomenal (ask Michael “Badger Killer” Eavis).

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1073 on: February 17, 2019, 06:52:53 PM »

Whilst I didn’t go on it (unfortunately) I do know that Crosby, Stills & Nash did a couple of special trans-Atlantic cruises on Cunard a few years back  Shocked

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1074 on: February 17, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »

Well, as that's never going to happen, we'll never know.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1075 on: February 17, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »

Whilst I didn’t go on it (unfortunately) I do know that Crosby, Stills & Nash did a couple of special trans-Atlantic cruises on Cunard a few years back  Shocked

“How’d you get the gig, Cros - is it a promoter thing, or through your agent?”
“Well, essentially, we really work for Cunard”
“Mate, I work pretty hard meself, no need to be like that about it...”

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1076 on: February 18, 2019, 07:25:57 AM »

“How’d you get the gig, Cros - is it a promoter thing, or through your agent?”
“Well, essentially, we really work for Cunard”
“Mate, I work pretty hard meself, no need to be like that about it...”

Grin  Grin  Grin

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #1077 on: February 20, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »

Should we be worried that Chris Leslie has decided to join a new independent group?  Wink
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1078 on: February 22, 2019, 08:15:21 AM »

Should we be worried that Chris Leslie has decided to join a new independent group?  Wink
I've no idea how he fits in all that touring and song writing as well!!!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #1079 on: February 23, 2019, 05:28:53 PM »

Anyone still needing Fairport by Fairport book, it's currently on sale at just £10 on the Rocket88 website here

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: