TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:13:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steeleye Chatter  (Read 376448 times)
fstix (Michael)

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

From the long-deleted "25 Live" VHS release of 1995, Steeleye with Eb English and Tam Lin...

https://youtu.be/wmcT2EQZifk

More like I am today than I ever have been before.
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2018, 09:22:58 PM »

Can I be the first one to mention that it's Steeleye's 50th anniversary next year. I had the original idea that it could be marked by a reunion at Cropredy (say on the Thursday or Friday) ! Obvious invitees would be Ashley Hutchings, Martin Carthy, Peter Knight, Rick Kemp, John Kirkpatrick & Ken Nicol. The campaign starts here …  Cool
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »

Watch this space, but possibly elsewhere

steve from oz

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »

Reunion for 50th? Give a petition to sign!!!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2018, 06:52:10 AM »

I suspect they'd rather do their own thing?  (Although, festival wise, they don't have a brilliant track record, do they...)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Greg E

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »

The brilliant appearance at the SHewsbury Folk Festival is now available in full on Youtube (posted by the festival so bone fide and wont get pulled down!) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9eDa1dQ2mQ&list=PLn09QzYUbGaJqNH6KePMU3m2lHTDvfNxc&t=7s&index=16

I've listened to it quite a lot since it was streamed (I recorded it while it was streamed in case it didn't get published! lol) and think it is great. Alison Gross and Marrowbones are a joy to listen to.
William

« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2018, 12:38:41 PM »

I suspect they'd rather do their own thing?  (Although, festival wise, they don't have a brilliant track record, do they...)

I saw the seven piece Steeleye in Long Melford last night. Only two of them were in the band that performed at Spanfest, which was held a few hundred yards away in 2007. That was a really great, never to be repeated, festival. Surprisingly no mention was made of it last night. Is this something that Maddy doesn't want to remember?
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »

That was a really great, never to be repeated, festival. Surprisingly no mention was made of it last night. Is this something that Maddy doesn't want to remember?

Repeated the following year at Stanford Hall... Smiley

Neither Stanford nor Long Melford seem (for a variety of reasons) to have been commercially successful...although the line-ups at both were great.

Must dig out the t-shirts.....
William

« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

That was a really great, never to be repeated, festival. Surprisingly no mention was made of it last night. Is this something that Maddy doesn't want to remember?

Neither Stanford nor Long Melford seem (for a variety of reasons) to have been commercially successful...although the line-ups at both were great.

I stand corrected. I seem to remember that Stanford Hall was only a one day event though. Website chatter at the time made it seem as if they were going to repeat Spanfest at Long Melford the following year. I always suspected that it was Kentwell Hall that got cold feet. It was a departure from their normal type of event and they haven't done anything like it since.
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2018, 05:51:27 PM »

I stand corrected. I seem to remember that Stanford Hall was only a one day event though. Website chatter at the time made it seem as if they were going to repeat Spanfest at Long Melford the following year. I always suspected that it was Kentwell Hall that got cold feet. It was a departure from their normal type of event and they haven't done anything like it since.

Not meant as a correction...just an observation... Smiley
Stanford Hall was a one day event, but there didn't seem to be too many paying guests as I recall, which was a shame as the line-up was pretty good.
Not sure a return to Kentwell was ever on the cards for a variety of reasons which are probably best left unexplored....
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »

Not meant as a correction...just an observation... Smiley
Stanford Hall was a one day event, but there didn't seem to be too many paying guests as I recall, which was a shame as the line-up was pretty good.
Not sure a return to Kentwell was ever on the cards for a variety of reasons which are probably best left unexplored....

I have friends connected to Kentwell Hall, evidently it was not publicised very well and they didn't make much money, it was also a long way outside the owners comfort zone, they live in the hall, so they are not going down that road again, which is a shame.
Greg E

« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »

For your viewing pleasure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJl2wJKYxm4

(I managed to get the original London promo video)  

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »

For your viewing pleasure....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJl2wJKYxm4

(I managed to get the original London promo video)  

'Archaeologically' great find.  Musically...dear oh dear...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Greg E

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »

Another new video I've uploaded for your viewing pleasure (maybe).
But be warned, this is 1986. Dark times for music and fashion, especially on tv. Anyway, I have always quite liked the song (lady diamond) and it looks like its being played live and with a bit energy.

https://youtu.be/0O2-Nl6i3vM
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »

Another new video I've uploaded for your viewing pleasure (maybe).
But be warned, this is 1986. Dark times for music and fashion, especially on tv. Anyway, I have always quite liked the song (lady diamond) and it looks like its being played live and with a bit energy.

https://youtu.be/0O2-Nl6i3vM

That's considerably better  Smiley

fstix (Michael)

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »

I had that Lady Diamond video on an old VHS which I foolishly lent out before I started digitising the collection - and of course never got the tape back, so I despaired of ever seeing it again. And here it is!  Smiley

The same week on the same network, Steeleye appeared on the show Sunday, performing Take My Heart and some song about a hat...  It'd be nice if they were somehow unearthed too - but this is good to see all by itself.

Greg E

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2019, 10:23:41 AM »

Here is another one I have managed to find and it's quite special. The band playing 'Cam Ye' live in 1976, thought to be from a Finnish TV appearance.
Very rare to see the band at their Peak live in the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvIk_6PtzI&feature=youtu.be

Full concert does not sadly exist.
Greg E

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2019, 11:43:34 AM »

and the next. Black Jack Davy this time. And a brilliant version of the song with great vocals, great fiddle from Peter and none of Mike Batt's 70's over production from the album version!!

The is the last one though Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW5ENEnV6n8&feature=youtu.be

fstix (Michael)

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »

Wonderful stuff. I shall merely add the video of that hat song, from 'Sunday' Australian TV 1986.  Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2hBXGeDmY

Greg E

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2019, 09:02:47 PM »

Nice one Smiley
That was next on my list to upload but you beat me to it lol!

I also have Take my Heart but sadly only about a minute of it which is a real shame  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: