TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
June 24, 2019, 09:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dvd releases  (Read 6266 times)
Mindwarper
Embrace your inner geeky prog freak
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: S.F. Ca. USA

Friendly Drunkard

« on: August 21, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »

Is there any plans to release more dvds? The 20th and 25th anniversary shows are on vhs and are now on dvd. But with no extra tracks.  I think there is a new release of a 2004 show?  Was the Journey filmed? Is there odd bits of video (top of the pops, etc) that could be made into a DVD. I would like to see different line ups. I love the early years and love the late 80s. Is there any old footage? Any plans for more dvd releases?

Also are rarities like the bootleg ever going to see a regular release?

Stop the violens, Visualise whirled peas
Barry
barrY howarD
Global Moderator

Loc: Sidcup, Kent

The best and oldest furniture cannot be rearranged

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »

There's certainly stuff in the BBC archives; there were some wonderful clips of Mk II on the "Folk Britannia" series and then there's the "Electric Folk with Steeleye Span" series that has been mentioned elsewhere.

This is what Play.Com for the UK has listed:

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/6-/Search.html?searchstring=Steeleye+Span&searchtype=rmtitle&searchsource=1

Can't find anytong on PlayUSA

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true.
SJN
I love lists!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:02:51 AM »

and then there's the "Electric Folk with Steeleye Span" series that has been mentioned elsewhere.

'Electric Folk' isn't (or hasn't been) available on video/DVD, is it (or has it)?  If so, it's completely passed me by! Anyone know anything about its availability, as I've been dying to see that series again for years and years?  The brief clips I've seen on TV aren't enough!

I've decided I don't do forums any more... see you elsewhere!
:-)
Barry
barrY howarD
Global Moderator

Loc: Sidcup, Kent

The best and oldest furniture cannot be rearranged

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:07:41 AM »

No, it's never been released.

There has long been a campaign to have it commercially released but to no avail.  Apparently it's not commercially viable for the BBC.  They won't sell it/licence it to anyone else, though, in case it does become commercially viable.  I seem to remember something from the band or Park Records some time ago saying that they wouldn't want it released while there was a working version of the band still around.  Heavens knows why!

I tried to get a copy from a contact in the BBC but even he couldn't manage it.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true.
SJN
I love lists!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »

Just as I feared! Cry  Rotters!!  It seems to be a key 'moment' in the awakening of interest in folk music for so many people........

Well, I got my hopes up for a minute or two there.

Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »

The beeb must have something against folk/rock. They don't allow the release of this and they don't let L&L be filmed.  Angry

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
SJN
I love lists!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 02:15:01 PM »

The beeb must have something against folk/rock. They don't allow the release of this and they don't let L&L be filmed.  Angry

It's pathetic, isn't it............ Angry  Sad

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »

No, it's never been released.

There has long been a campaign to have it commercially released but to no avail.  Apparently it's not commercially viable for the BBC.  They won't sell it/licence it to anyone else, though, in case it does become commercially viable.  I seem to remember something from the band or Park Records some time ago saying that they wouldn't want it released while there was a working version of the band still around.  Heavens knows why!

I tried to get a copy from a contact in the BBC but even he couldn't manage it.

I've got the audio...

My partner and I are running the Chester 10k on 10 March to raise money for our local hospice, and to raise awareness of the hospice movement.  Please click on my website for more info.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: