TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:51:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustic Spring Tour 2010  (Read 60694 times)
FionaS

Loc: Margate

« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2010, 11:49:05 AM »

Well done Debs! It was a lovely gig and the venue is terrific.
Mag T

Loc: Kent

« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »

Hello Debs, yes indeed it was a brilliant show, and by all means use the link where/whenever you wish Smiley

Hello Harriet, yes the balcony it was, we have never been up there before, usually head for the front(ish) downstairs. So thought we would investigate further....and upstairs is good, only one row of seats all round, best view seems to be towards the rear.  Also looking forward to Steve K, (different venue though) maybe see you there.....if I knew what you looked like  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:14:06 PM by Mag T » Logged
KascadeDan
A teenager at last
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New Romney, Kent

I can't read the lines, let alone in-between!

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »

The show in Tring was wonderful. It was a standing gig, Band and all, and the audience were really good.

Did anyone else get 'Wouldn't Say No' in the set?

Imponderable Joy
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »

Did anyone else get 'Wouldn't Say No' in the set?

Rainworth aka Farnsfield Acoustic  Grin

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »

Yes.. I was just about to say that!!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Simon Nicol
Samantha was detained elsewhere...

Loc: Usually CT4

Wilco ... and Out!

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »

Bed now. Thank you all. Night night.

As the Zen Master said, "Don't just do something - sit there!"
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2010, 07:03:31 AM »

Bed now. Thank you all. Night night.

Time for "a liitle lie down" is it Simon?  Wink have a power nap prior to August matey!!!

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
trewin

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2010, 12:23:54 PM »

Excellent show last night in Canterbury, at the study centre in the Cathedral precincts.  Fairport were on fine form, and with the intermittent accompaniment of the Cathedral bells, a jolly time was had by all.  Several children were present, which was very good to see, and there was a special treat for a little 5 year old, as Fairport played, and we all (well most of us) sang him "Happy Birthday"  Smiley

Good to see Angela and the boys, and have a natter Smiley

If anyone is interested, we took a few phone videos (sound quality ok, but visuals not too hot!)  Link to the youtube page is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUQLi7bWmI

Did they play Festival Bell to accompany the Cathedral bells?
Mag T

Loc: Kent

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »

Tee hee! No they didn't.  I think the nearest we got to bells, was Simon's joke about their next gig being in Tring "where the bicycle bell was invented" Smiley  It was very amusing and caused much mirth amongst the audience....and the rest of the band (or so it seemed).... but I think if I hear the joke about 'recognising much of your clothing'  again.....I may very well self destruct Smiley
gower flower (Shirl)
Welsh Undresser
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Sweet synchronicity

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »

I always want to respond to that "recognising your clothing" joke by saying "well yes, I've spent all my money on Fairport gigs, CDs, T shirts, DVDs........."  Roll Eyes

That's not dirt, it's patination!
Jan_
A jig, a melodeon and a smile
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2010, 09:02:53 AM »

When Simon makes that joke he isn't laughing at us for wearing FC t-shirts though, is he?  He is acknowledging our support and commitment to the band and thanking us, in a way.

At Sevenoaks I found the chatter very engaging and got the impression they were making an effort to be spontaneous rather than sticking to a script.  That particular joke was probably the only one I have heard before and judging by the amusement on stage, I'd guess there were comments that were new to them as well.  
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

When Simon makes that joke he isn't laughing at us for wearing FC t-shirts though, is he?  He is acknowledging our support and commitment to the band and thanking us, in a way.

At Sevenoaks I found the chatter very engaging and got the impression they were making an effort to be spontaneous rather than sticking to a script.  That particular joke was probably the only one I have heard before and judging by the amusement on stage, I'd guess there were comments that were new to them as well.  

Must admit that's how we've always taken the clothing comment. Mind you irony doesn't always work. Overheard in the bar during the interval at Chippy - "Well it's definitely Richard Thomas - he said so from the stage!"

Anyway.......very much the end-of -term at the lovely Theatre in Chipping Norton on Saturday. Enthusiastic support from the FC home crowd and (this being our third gig of the tour) much of the banter between songs was making it's first appearance - particularly Peggy's off-mike comments! The chaps were obviously very relaxed but, as ever, there was no compromise on quality from the epics of Red & Gold/Already There through the simply melodic Sweet Primroses/Love is in America to the fun and froth of Ukelele Central. There aren't many bands around that can carry off a set list of such contrasts with as much skill and good humour as Fairport.

Many thanks to the chaps (and Simon Yorath for sound which was never less than great)  for a hugely enjoyable tour.

S&J
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: