September 29, 2026, 12:32:22 PM
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
Home
Help
Calendar
Login
Register
TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
>
Artists
>
Fairport Convention
>
Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027? (Read 112 times)
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 283
Loc: Here
Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
on:
Today
at 03:07:09 AM »
In response to a question on Facebook, Ian Telfer has revealed that when Oysterband quit touring, they agreed that if a promoter or festival ever made them an "offer [they] couldn't refuse", they'd be up for it.
So...
Logged
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
Offline
Posts: 2670
Loc: in deepest Devon
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #1 on:
Today
at 09:56:14 AM »
I'd be very happy if that was to happen!
Logged
All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator
Offline
Posts: 8508
Loc: South West Wales
Not perfect. Never claimed to be.
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #2 on:
Today
at 10:05:24 AM »
I went through a phase of being smitten by Oysterband but their limited repertoire and heavy reliance on call and response turned me off by the time they disbanded.
If any defunct bands/acts were to appear for '27, I'd suggest Bellowhead, Plant & Page, David Gilmour and touring band, King Crimson, Caravan, Camel, Fish...
I'd welcome the return of Australian Pink Floyd, actually, since I missed them in 2014 due to being in hospital. We have seen them since, indoors, they were excellent.
Alice Cooper, Mike & The Mechanics & Steve Hackett would be welcomed back, but... £££
It all boils down to who would make Cropredy a financial success without overrunning the village. So Gilmour & Plant/Page are probably out. Although Gilmour could probably do 3 hours on Thursday evening and I, for one, would be there for every second.
Logged
Find me via
https://linktr.ee/andyleslie
for social stuff
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan
Offline
Posts: 1151
Loc: Lost in Kent
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #3 on:
Today
at 10:50:53 AM »
I would be overjoyed if Oysterband were to play one last time, I would hardly call their repertoire at all limited with over 20 albums to pick from. I'd also be over the moon if the other bands that Andy mentioned were to perform. If only for a very large money pot!
Logged
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator
Offline
Posts: 8508
Loc: South West Wales
Not perfect. Never claimed to be.
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #4 on:
Today
at 10:57:06 AM »
Quote from: Angela on
Today
at 10:50:53 AM
I would be overjoyed if Oysterband were to play one last time, I would hardly call their repertoire at all limited with over 20 albums to pick from.
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist.
Logged
Find me via
https://linktr.ee/andyleslie
for social stuff
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
Online
Posts: 12875
Loc: Caer
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #5 on:
Today
at 10:58:35 AM »
I know they've played, what, two (or is it three) times but I seem to remember there was quite a lot of negativity from Fairport towards the Oysters at one point. I can't remember the full details but I'm sure that Oysterband has been used as the punchline of a joke or two from FC at Cropredy before.
Fwiw, I think they're a marvellous band. Like them or not, they certainly do not have a limited repertoire.
Whilst I imagine them being offered a slot is unlikely, I'd have thought the 3-piece mini-Oysters would have a reasonable chance of being on the bill...?
Logged
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan
Online
Posts: 12875
Loc: Caer
Re: Oysterband for Cropredy 2027?
«
Reply #6 on:
Today
at 10:59:57 AM »
Quote from: Andy on
Today
at 10:57:06 AM
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist.
Like Fairport, you mean (who have a very fixed - only a couple of minor tweaks on the last one - setlist per tour)?
Logged
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
Announcements
-----------------------------
=> About this board.
-----------------------------
Artists
-----------------------------
=> Fairport Convention
===> Fairport's Cropredy Convention 2020
===> Fairport's Cropredy Convention 2019
=> Ralph McTell
=> Steeleye Span
=> Hughes, Matthews, While, Freeman, McShee, Watson and Agnes
-----------------------------
Music In General
-----------------------------
=> Music Festivals
=> ¡Active!
===> Review Archive
=> Radio Times
=> Announce
-----------------------------
TalkAwhile
-----------------------------
===> Talked Awhile : 2009-11
=====> Gareth Turner
=====> Kevin Dempsey
=====> Maartin Allcock
=====> Iain Matthews
=====> Mark Radcliffe
=====> Peggy
=====> Tiny Tin Lady
=====> Peter Knight
=====> Swarb
=====> Simon Emmerson
===> Talked Awhile : 2003-05
=====> Woodworm Records
=====> The Folk Corporation
=====> Maart
=====> Mark Tucker
=====> Simon Care
-----------------------------
Old boards
-----------------------------
=> Musician Talk
===> Past Hancocks
=====> The Hancocks 2009
=======> The Hancocks 2009 - Discussions
=====> The Hancocks 2008
=======> The Hancocks 2008 - Discussions
=====> The Hancocks 2007
=======> The Hancocks 2007 - Discussions
=====> The Hancocks 2006
=> Fairport's Cropredy Convention 2018
=> Cropredy 2017 Reports and Reviews
Loading...