Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud
Sr. Member
  
Offline
Posts: 284
Loc: Here
|
 |
« on: September 29, 2026, 03:07:09 AM » |
|
In response to a question on Facebook, Ian Telfer has revealed that when Oysterband quit touring, they agreed that if a promoter or festival ever made them an "offer [they] couldn't refuse", they'd be up for it. So... 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Will S
|
 |
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2026, 09:56:14 AM » |
|
I'd be very happy if that was to happen!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
All the diamonds in the world That mean anything to me, Are conjured up by wind and sunlight Sparkling on the sea (Bruce Cockburn)
|
|
|
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator
   
Offline
Posts: 8509
Loc: South West Wales
Not perfect. Never claimed to be.
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2026, 10:05:24 AM » |
|
I went through a phase of being smitten by Oysterband but their limited repertoire and heavy reliance on call and response turned me off by the time they disbanded.
If any defunct bands/acts were to appear for '27, I'd suggest Bellowhead, Plant & Page, David Gilmour and touring band, King Crimson, Caravan, Camel, Fish...
I'd welcome the return of Australian Pink Floyd, actually, since I missed them in 2014 due to being in hospital. We have seen them since, indoors, they were excellent.
Alice Cooper, Mike & The Mechanics & Steve Hackett would be welcomed back, but... £££
It all boils down to who would make Cropredy a financial success without overrunning the village. So Gilmour & Plant/Page are probably out. Although Gilmour could probably do 3 hours on Thursday evening and I, for one, would be there for every second.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Angela
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2026, 10:50:53 AM » |
|
I would be overjoyed if Oysterband were to play one last time, I would hardly call their repertoire at all limited with over 20 albums to pick from. I'd also be over the moon if the other bands that Andy mentioned were to perform. If only for a very large money pot!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator
   
Offline
Posts: 8509
Loc: South West Wales
Not perfect. Never claimed to be.
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2026, 10:57:06 AM » |
|
I would be overjoyed if Oysterband were to play one last time, I would hardly call their repertoire at all limited with over 20 albums to pick from.
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2026, 10:58:35 AM » |
|
I know they've played, what, two (or is it three) times but I seem to remember there was quite a lot of negativity from Fairport towards the Oysters at one point. I can't remember the full details but I'm sure that Oysterband has been used as the punchline of a joke or two from FC at Cropredy before.
Fwiw, I think they're a marvellous band. Like them or not, they certainly do not have a limited repertoire.
Whilst I imagine them being offered a slot is unlikely, I'd have thought the 3-piece mini-Oysters would have a reasonable chance of being on the bill...?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
|
davidmjs
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2026, 10:59:57 AM » |
|
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist.
Like Fairport, you mean (who have a very fixed - only a couple of minor tweaks on the last one - setlist per tour)? 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Link to my Raissa Page book via the web button on left
|
|
|
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator
   
Offline
Posts: 8509
Loc: South West Wales
Not perfect. Never claimed to be.
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2026, 12:47:46 PM » |
|
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist.
Like Fairport, you mean (who have a very fixed - only a couple of minor tweaks on the last one - setlist per tour)?  Oh, I agree. But it is their sandbox.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Amethyst (Jenny)
|
 |
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2026, 07:36:12 PM » |
|
I would LOVE. The Ozzie Pink Floyd to play again… it one of my very favourite sets from many years of Cropredy… so was Alice Cooper’s set!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
|
|
|
Dubai Danny
my MIL likes it loud
Sr. Member
  
Offline
Posts: 284
Loc: Here
|
 |
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 07:13:22 PM » |
|
I would be overjoyed if Oysterband were to play one last time, I would hardly call their repertoire at all limited with over 20 albums to pick from.
Yes, but what they actually played towards the end was quite a repetitive setlist. We stopped going to FC shows because of their very repetitive setlist  Bellowhead doesn't really feel like a "defunct band" any more.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|