TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:46:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wintour 2022  (Read 15406 times)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2022, 10:09:35 AM »

The setlist from Swansea:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fairport-convention/2022/taliesin-arts-centre-swansea-wales-63883e73.html

Well I never did..
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sutton,Surrey

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2022, 01:04:48 PM »

Thanks,that's virtually the same as Farnham.I haven't posted in here for a few years,did i come back to the right place?Everyone seems to have disappeared!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2022, 07:25:24 PM »

Thanks,that's virtually the same as Farnham.I haven't posted in here for a few years,did i come back to the right place?Everyone seems to have disappeared!

Yes, the corridors of TAW are a much quieter place than they once were, many of their inhabitants having moved elsewhere. It is now a playground for a small and sporadically enthusiastic band of regulars.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2022, 07:32:11 PM »

The next person who calls me sporadically enthusiastic will pay a heavy price....  Wink Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2022, 08:25:05 PM »

The next person who calls me sporadically enthusiastic will pay a heavy price....  Wink Grin

Invariably indifferent?  Grin Wink
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »

Invariably indifferent?  Grin Wink

Got me Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sutton,Surrey

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »

I replied to your post from 23/3/2009 yesterday on the Bob Dylan UK dates 2009 thread.Sorry for the delay!
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2022, 11:25:08 AM »

A fine evening's music from the chaps last night in Morecambe with the set list being the same as the Swansea one posted on setlist.fm.

Luke Jackson has a good pair of lungs on him, hasn't he? He didn't really need to go through the PA when he was in full flow. I recognised a couple of the songs he did, Honeycomb being a favourite.

As for the headliners, I enjoyed hearing the numbers from Shuffle and Go - Cider Rain and Moon Dust and Solitude sounding particularly good. Nice intro from Chris about his love of all things space-related. As for the older songs Sloth was excellent. Simon's playing is as good as ever and MrsB was impressed with his electric 12 string.

And I seemed to have something in my eye at the start of MOTL. But it was great to see them in concert again having missed out on the last couple of tours.

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2022, 10:52:25 AM »

Tickets booked for the Union Chapel and another step back to something resembling normality.

If anyone else is going just to mention that there are no Great Northern trains between Finsbury Park and Moorgate so it will have to be the tube to High

Also the start time appears to be 18.45 - I know we are all getting on and need our sleep, but that does seem a bit early!

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2022, 11:27:43 AM »

Not sure whether we can still call it a Wintour show but the re-scheduled Leeds gig took place last night.

A different sort of evening. No support act, Gerry playing electronic drums and the band sat down, Fairport Acoustic-style. Still brilliant though. Similar set list to Swansea, minus The Journeyman's Grace, with a few extra songs & tunes thrown in. Portmeirion got a welcome airing as did Festival Bell and Over The Lancashire Hills, from Simon's Before Your Time. Great that so many Shuffle & Go songs have survived the enforced break. It's a terrific record and the band seem relish the having the opportunity to play the newer material.

A fab night. Here's to next time!

Peter Allen

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »

Glad Simon still dusts down "Over The Lancashire Hills" , a highlight from his solo career and hugely preferable to " From A Distance " which is best left to Cliff or Bette
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2022, 02:15:40 PM »

Not sure whether we can still call it a Wintour show but the re-scheduled Leeds gig took place last night.

A different sort of evening. No support act, Gerry playing electronic drums and the band sat down, Fairport Acoustic-style. Still brilliant though. Similar set list to Swansea, minus The Journeyman's Grace, with a few extra songs & tunes thrown in. Portmeirion got a welcome airing as did Festival Bell and Over The Lancashire Hills, from Simon's Before Your Time. Great that so many Shuffle & Go songs have survived the enforced break. It's a terrific record and the band seem relish the having the opportunity to play the newer material.

When I saw them last week it was a much longer set than we usually get on the wintour, which will account for the extra songs. Although there were two long sessions of Ric jokes!!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
wayne stote

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2022, 02:41:43 PM »

When I saw them last week it was a much longer set than we usually get on the wintour, which will account for the extra songs. Although there were two long sessions of Ric jokes!!

He must almost out of ancient Christmas crackers by now.  Smiley

Have to admit, I did guffaw at the Ctrl P joke, though.  Cheesy
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2022, 09:28:30 PM »

Final night of the tour at the Fleur de Lys, East Hagbourne. Similar set list to shows listed above though lovely to get Portmeirion as it has always been my favourite Ric tune. Realised that I hadn’t previously heard the Shuffle and Go songs played live before; some of them stand up very well. Lovely to feel that things are getting back to normal again - Matty and MOTL, all must be right in the world. (We even had a Cropredy downpour!)
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2022, 09:50:21 PM »

Having been disappointed when I saw Fairport at Wickham last year, I was blown away by them at Emsworth last week. Excellent mix of old and new, and they were all on form. Ric's jokes do appear to have got worse though!  Grin

On the performance of a few songs, I bought a very reasonably priced Shuffle and Go.

Paul

wayne stote

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2022, 11:12:27 AM »

Having been disappointed when I saw Fairport at Wickham last year, I was blown away by them at Emsworth last week. Excellent mix of old and new, and they were all on form. Ric's jokes do appear to have got worse though!  Grin

On the performance of a few songs, I bought a very reasonably priced Shuffle and Go.

Paul

I'm still thoroughly enjoying Shuffle & Go. A real highlight of the Fairport catalogue, regardless of era, I reckon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: