TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wintour 2022  (Read 14825 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 03:43:03 PM »

Lets hope anyone who has booked accommodation / transport / baby sitters etc will be equally refunded but I doubt it.

DW

Er, that's not how the world works.  There's insurance for that.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 05:19:39 PM »

Lets hope anyone who has booked accommodation / transport / baby sitters etc will be equally refunded but I doubt it.

DW

Er, that's not how the world works.  There's insurance for that.

It was a kind thought though!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »

Hoping they make a speedy recovery.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2022, 04:09:15 PM »

Cancellations beginning to mount up. Two of the band have the virus. Canterbury has been rescheduled.

I was thinking of doing Worthing on Thursday but had not got around to booking because of a combination of the chaos that my life has been lately and and a residual aversion to being in large rooms full of strangers just yet. I have just discovered that it is sold out, which surprises me but my expectation is that it will be cancelled anyway.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2022, 04:23:47 PM »

Such a shame…. Does anyone know which band members have the virus…
(I understand that Peggy has tested negative now)?

I do so hope they will soon all be up and running again ❤️

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 04:26:14 PM »

Cancellations beginning to mount up. Two of the band have the virus. Canterbury has been rescheduled.

I was thinking of doing Worthing on Thursday but had not got around to booking because of a combination of the chaos that my life has been lately and and a residual aversion to being in large rooms full of strangers just yet. I have just discovered that it is sold out, which surprises me but my expectation is that it will be cancelled anyway.

People saying on FB it has been.  Postponed though, not cancelled (I think).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2022, 05:14:28 PM »

People saying on FB it has been.  Postponed though, not cancelled (I think).
Just heard from the theatre, Worthing has been rescheduled for 8th March

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2022, 05:51:01 PM »

City Varieties, Leeds concert has been rescheduled for May 24th.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

Union Chapel also rescheduled to the 12th March…
Bernie

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 01:26:51 AM »

Hope everyone is better soon? What a bummer all round! We are later on in Southport, so fingers crossed !! Love and hugs to all xx
Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2022, 01:40:05 PM »

First and foremost, I hope the whole FC tour party are well or at least on the improve. Like others I am sure, we have plans over the next few days which depend on whether a particular concert goes ahead, so if anyone has reliable information, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if it could be posted here.

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2022, 02:00:32 PM »

First and foremost, I hope the whole FC tour party are well or at least on the improve. Like others I am sure, we have plans over the next few days which depend on whether a particular concert goes ahead, so if anyone has reliable information, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if it could be posted here.

COVID seems to be working its way around the bubble. Only time will tell if everyone gets healthy quickly and when touring will resume.

NB I have no *inside* knowledge.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2022, 02:04:50 PM »

It'll get posted on social media and then copied here I imagine...

billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sutton,Surrey

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2022, 04:08:40 PM »

Any news from this weeks shows? We are off to Farnham tomorrow.Thanks.
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2022, 06:52:32 PM »

I've had an email from Farnham Maltings (received around 5pm) confirming that the show's going ahead tomorrow. Luke Jackson's posted a photo from this evening's soundcheck in Wimborne.
So...all is well right now. Really looking forward to seeing the guys in the flesh for the first time in 2 years.
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2022, 08:06:52 PM »

I've had an email from Farnham Maltings (received around 5pm) confirming that the show's going ahead tomorrow. Luke Jackson's posted a photo from this evening's soundcheck in Wimborne.
So...all is well right now. Really looking forward to seeing the guys in the flesh for the first time in 2 years.

Thanks.Just checked and i've had the same email!
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2022, 10:01:47 AM »

Farnham last night...the lads were delighted to be back touring after the Covid-imposed layoff, and even played a few of my favourites including Lalla Rookh, Honour & Praise, Bankruptured, and a sublime rendition of The Hiring Fair before bringing it home as usual with Matty Groves and Meet On The Ledge. Songs from Shuffle & Go also got a plentiful airing. Lovely to see a few familiar faces in the crowd too.
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »

Farnham last night...the lads were delighted to be back touring after the Covid-imposed layoff, and even played a few of my favourites including Lalla Rookh, Honour & Praise, Bankruptured, and a sublime rendition of The Hiring Fair before bringing it home as usual with Matty Groves and Meet On The Ledge. Songs from Shuffle & Go also got a plentiful airing. Lovely to see a few familiar faces in the crowd too.

Great night! Luke Jackson was very good as well.I'm trying to remember all the songs-was it 7 from the new album?
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 02:12:20 PM »

Great night! Luke Jackson was very good as well.I'm trying to remember all the songs-was it 7 from the new album?

From memory they played 6 songs from Shuffle & Go (could be wrong). And I've just remembered they played wonderful versions of Sloth and Doctor Of Physick...
billy
So wassup you guys?
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2022, 05:48:57 PM »

From memory they played 6 songs from Shuffle & Go (could be wrong). And I've just remembered they played wonderful versions of Sloth and Doctor Of Physick...

I've got 7 ! Sloth and Doctor Of Physick were my 2 favs last night.I've remembered 17 which i think is all of them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: