TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:28:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard and Linda Box Set  (Read 106314 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »

I'm glad I asked - I'd have missed that hiding in the promotional part of my inbox otherwise.  Thanks for the heads up.  All done now.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »

I have just had an email asking  for my details in order that replacement CDs can be sent.
The email states that the cut off date for having the discs replaced is Sunday 15th November.

Yes same here. As  I bought two copies I had to register with two different email addresses. I hope the second set of replacement discs will go straight to the original recipient.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »

Yep - I heard from them today also.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2020, 02:45:59 PM »

When you guys filled your link in, did you just get an onscreen "You have successfully registered" type screen and it then went to the home page?  You haven't had any email acknowledgement or anything?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2020, 02:58:07 PM »

When you guys filled your link in, did you just get an onscreen "You have successfully registered" type screen and it then went to the home page?  You haven't had any email acknowledgement or anything?
That’s exactly what happened for me.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2020, 04:10:31 PM »

Yep. Twice.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2020, 04:20:06 PM »

Yep. Twice.

Thanks, guys

David Gladwin

Loc: The Greenwood

The Wood Road North

« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2020, 11:10:36 AM »

Got my files downloaded yesterday, after registering following receipt of the email with instructions.

Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2020, 01:34:29 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything more about the replacement discs.
It seems to have gone rather quiet.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2020, 03:26:20 PM »

Nothing in my letterbox yet.

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2020, 05:28:52 PM »

I'm assuming they are waiting until after November 15th to assess the number of discs they need to produce
Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2020, 07:41:37 PM »

Thanks for the info.

Pat Helms
Long live Freewheelin' Franklin!!

Loc: E. TENNESSEE

Often wrong.....never in doubt

« Reply #252 on: November 01, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »

Talkabout an aptly named box set!  Wink

How many of em were made?  13?
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #253 on: November 10, 2020, 08:03:06 PM »

I ordered mine weeks ago, and it's just now been shipped from the UK. Based on this string, I assume I'm going to receive a defective product. Ugh.

That's a bummer. But you may be lucky. The thread on the Hoffman forum has comments from some people who've had no issues.

So far I've listened to Discs 1-7. I had no problems playing the discs in a regular CD player in my car.

Discs 1-6 ripped to iTunes flawlessly. As I typed this earlier, iTunes struggled to import "Back Street Slide," the last song on Disc 7. *Update* - It finally uploaded to iTunes and I'm playing it back now. *2nd Update* - It did not upload cleanly to iTunes; very glitchy with several drop outs. I'll try again, but I'm also going to request a replacement disc as soon as I've tested Disc 8.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2020, 09:15:51 AM »

I ordered mine weeks ago, and it's just now been shipped from the UK. Based on this string, I assume I'm going to receive a defective product. Ugh.

That's a bummer. But you may be lucky. The thread on the Hoffman forum has comments from some people who've had no issues.

So far I've listened to Discs 1-7. I had no problems playing the discs in a regular CD player in my car.

Discs 1-6 ripped to iTunes flawlessly. As I typed this earlier, iTunes struggled to import "Back Street Slide," the last song on Disc 7. *Update* - It finally uploaded to iTunes and I'm playing it back now. *2nd Update* - It did not upload cleanly to iTunes; very glitchy with several drop outs. I'll try again, but I'm also going to request a replacement disc as soon as I've tested Disc 8.

A hint, in case you weren't aware of this - if something like this doesn't rip well first time in iTunes, check the 'Use error correction when reading CDs' box.  That worked for me with the couple of tracks that didn't import well first time.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »

A hint, in case you weren't aware of this - if something like this doesn't rip well first time in iTunes, check the 'Use error correction when reading CDs' box.  That worked for me with the couple of tracks that didn't import well first time.

Thanks Will - I turned on error correction, reimported Disc 7, will test the results and report back.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »

I got my download code and prompt response from Universal about replacement discs (the good news).

The bad news is that nothing happens when I try to input the download code. When I try to type in the code, nothing appears in the text box. I tried it with Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers and experienced the same problem.

Has anyone else been flummoxed by the download? If so, how did you resolve it?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »

I got my download code and prompt response from Universal about replacement discs (the good news).

The bad news is that nothing happens when I try to input the download code. When I try to type in the code, nothing appears in the text box. I tried it with Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers and experienced the same problem.

I've not got this boxset but in similar circumstances I've used Firefox. Might be worth a try...

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »

You have to register with the company first, John.  The code should work then.  They did not make it very clear...
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2020, 12:37:34 AM »

You have to register with the company first, John.  The code should work then.  They did not make it very clear...

Thanks both! I'll try to register and maybe download Firefox too!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: