TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:53:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming releases of interest  (Read 145355 times)
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #420 on: November 27, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »

I'm very much looking forward to this too...but ever so slightly annoyed it's not one of the Refugees gigs...  I haven't given up hope of a recovered Peter wanting another date here or there...although I suspect he'll probably play solo if he does play again.

Hugh Banton has said he doesn't see any reason why they shouldn't record again but questioned whether touring would be economically viable anymore. I do wonder how much of a hit they took having to cancel the tour after PH was taken ill. I think it's highly unlikely, but would love to be proved wrong on that.

No Refugees is a shame but getting House With No Door instead is compensation enough for me. From a purely selfish point of view I'd seen them play Refugees at the Bridgewater and the Palladium so was delighted to get HWND at Bath as I'd never seen them play it live before, in fact I don't think it ever had been played live before this tour and even then only three times.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #421 on: November 27, 2022, 02:27:47 PM »

I'm very much looking forward to this too...but ever so slightly annoyed it's not one of the Refugees gigs...  I haven't given up hope of a recovered Peter wanting another date here or there...although I suspect he'll probably play solo if he does play again.

Hugh Banton has said he doesn't see any reason why they shouldn't record again but questioned whether touring would be economically viable anymore. I do wonder how much of a hit they took having to cancel the tour after PH was taken ill. I think it's highly unlikely, but would love to be proved wrong on that.

No Refugees is a shame but getting House With No Door instead is compensation enough for me. From a purely selfish point of view I'd seen them play Refugees at the Bridgewater and the Palladium so was delighted to get HWND at Bath as I'd never seen them play it live before, in fact I don't think it ever had been played live before this tour and even then only three times.

All good points well made.

Certainly at Manchester it was clear the venues were probably bigger than necessary as well...plenty of empty seats there (not embarrassing but probably only, what, 60% full at best?).  

It's clear just how much they all, but Peter especially, puts into the performances, and if they can't (or won't, because it's dangerous) perform at that level then fair enough.  The recent box set of post-reformation material proves that they're still at the very top of their game though (I think) so I do hope there is a way at which they can still contribute.

As for the new box...there seems to be a thing going on recently where there are superfluous discs included which need paying for...I mean nobody needs both the Blu-ray and the DVD disc do they...one of which might as well hang out on the allotment.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2022, 10:42:59 AM »

Does anybody hear know anything about The Muffins?  One of the members was engaging with a friend on a Henry Cow page and mentioned this beast that's just been released.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/product/the-muffins/baker-s-dozen?fbclid=IwAR3hUPFjjsSYKSGwpRFKzC6NEFrhHt6UOSZEn6b004toJ0elvY2eS-2jvJM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muffins

Is there a more sensible entry point?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #423 on: December 03, 2022, 12:43:44 PM »

Attention Crimheads!!!

I've just received my ITCOTCK (Toby Amies' film on BluRay & DVD + 4 CDs), and the CD track listing mentions some forthcoming releases (but no dates for them...):

"Live in Rome" album

"KC50 Series" 6CD set

"Complete In The Wake Of Poseidon Recording Sessions" - I'm guessing this will be a (series of) download(s) from DGMLIVE?

" Starless - The Final Concert" album (Tokyo 8th Dec 2021)

I assume these will appear sometime in 2023... too late for this KCrimbo, then.........

Flobbadob!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #424 on: January 30, 2023, 08:48:27 PM »

New album from Bennett Wilson Poole to be announced on  Friday.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #425 on: January 31, 2023, 08:38:55 AM »

Indeed - if it's half as good as the first we'll all be very lucky.  Would love to see them again.

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #426 on: January 31, 2023, 09:07:45 AM »

Indeed - if it's half as good as the first we'll all be very lucky.  Would love to see them again.

I know they are playing the Americana UK awards , so hopefully there will be more. Incidentally I visited or the second time on Saturday the venue where I saw them to see Headsticks Almost Acoustic. The liveliest acoustic gig I've ever seen. What a following they are building. Loads of folk from out of the area.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #427 on: April 04, 2023, 11:33:07 AM »

A  totally new album from Shirley Collins on Domino Records.  May 26th.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #428 on: April 04, 2023, 12:12:45 PM »

A  totally new album from Shirley Collins on Domino Records.  May 26th.

https://www.dominomusic.com/releases/shirley-collins/archangel-hill/all

Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #429 on: April 17, 2023, 11:01:19 PM »

Cropredy veterans Easy Star All Stars are releasing a new cd on 21st Aprill -Ziggy Stardub
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #430 on: June 26, 2023, 10:05:21 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy58sBVz-JE

Another Zappa archival release due very soon.

A 3 CD set dating from around 1970 and the Hot Rats/Chunga's Revenge sessions by the name of Funky Nothingness.

The above tune has Aynsley Dunbar working the skins in a pleasing manner.

Burning Shed is currently out of stock, but has it listed for £17.99

There are a couple of other sellers on eBay offering the pre-sale for another 50p.

There are also a couple of 'making of' videos on Youtube.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »

"We got together seventeen of our favorite artists to cover the Wicker Man soundtrack in support of the Scottish Wildlife Trust.

The line-up is going to be announced one song at a time. MORE TO COME!"

Looks tip top...what's not to like?

https://wasistdas.bandcamp.com/album/ballads-of-seduction-fertility-and-ritual-slaughter

https://wasistdas.co.uk/Ballads/

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2023, 10:43:53 AM »

There seems to be a burst of all the 1970s Stackridge albums being re-released with extra materials, in the next month.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »

Yay!!!

Flobbadob!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2023, 03:03:10 PM »

There seems to be a burst of all the 1970s Stackridge albums being re-released with extra materials, in the next month.

Yes Cherry Red have picked up the rights. I already have all the Angel Air editions. I don't think there is enough amongst the extras to tempt me again.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2023, 06:32:18 PM »

There is, for me (I didn't get the Angel Air releases).

I see ABC's "Lexicon of Love" is getting the 40th (-ish) anniversary box treatment - due 4th August.  Standalone blu-ray ordered (from SDE only).

Flobbadob!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2023, 08:32:10 PM »

It looks as though Cherry Red may have bought up the entire Angel Air catalogue as many of the artists who released material on that label are now appearing in the Cherry Red A-Z artists list on their website, though in most cases with no releases currently showing against their names.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #437 on: July 05, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »

5 CD 3 DVD set of Broadsword And The Beast.

September 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiEqlESCXe0

Well I never did..
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #438 on: July 05, 2023, 05:13:04 PM »

September 1st.

Beat me to it!
Ordered via Burning Shed £59.99

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #439 on: July 05, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »

September 1st.

Beat me to it!
Ordered via Burning Shed £59.99

Vinyl?  Only £150 Shocked Grin  World's gone mad.  

I'm not convinced it's a truly great Tull album though, is it?  I swear most people were so relieved it didn't sound like A they slightly overdid the affection for it?  Still, clearly better than anything that followed and so for that I understand the affection.  I was 15 when it came out and loads of my mates went bonkers for it...They're printing in such numbers now that, unlike the now silly money earlier releases you can almost certainly pick the box up cheaper after release than before.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: