TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 27, 2024, 12:55:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 445347 times)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1680 on: June 19, 2024, 12:03:20 PM »

Steve Tilston at Launceston Folk Club in 10 days time.  I don't believe I have seen him solo since 1995, when I saw him at West Wycombe Folk Club.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
PJayBe

« Reply #1681 on: June 19, 2024, 07:09:05 PM »

Iain Matthews with Plumhall at Appletreewick on Friday.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1682 on: June 23, 2024, 11:21:03 PM »

An idle check of the calendar reveals that we're going to Cardiff to see Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets tomorrow night.

Rather looking forward to this - now I remembered we're going!

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1683 on: June 25, 2024, 07:31:21 PM »

Just booked - The Doobie Brothers at the Dos Equis Pavilion, Dallas, Texas, Saturday!

This is a wonderful "shed" at Fair Park, where the State Fair of Texas takes place every Fall. I have seen everyone under the sun there from the mid-1980s, from the Allmans to the Doobies to Steve Miller, Yes (Union tour), Heart/Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience, Little Feat, Lou Gramm, Delbert McClinton, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Police/Elvis Costello. (I could hear Fine Young Cannibals playing while I was riding the Ferris Wheel circa 1989.)

Michael McDonald appears to have permanently rejoined the band, which is a nice bonus. We get to hear Minute By Minute and What a Fool Believes right alongside the China Groves and Black Waters. A fun time is guaranteed!
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1684 on: July 03, 2024, 05:19:46 AM »

Heart have postponed their entire tour so Ann Wilson can receive cancer treatment.

I wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to a rescheduled Austin show.  Cry
PJayBe

« Reply #1685 on: July 03, 2024, 04:52:12 PM »

Twas supposed to be double tribute act 10cclo on Friday, but that's off, so it's The Joshua Burnell Trio on Saturday in Thornton Hough on The Wirral.
John From Austin
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1686 on: July 05, 2024, 03:44:54 PM »

I'm suffering from gig withdrawals. I saw the Doobie Brothers, with Michael McDonald, last Saturday in Dallas. Great show, and Michael was in particularly strong voice. It was my 39th(!) Doobies show since 1982. Considering they split between 1982 and 1987, that's an average of 0.95 Doobie concerts per touring year since I was 18. That must be a record. When will I stop, you ask? When they do, of course.

Next proper gig is Pretenders in early August, followed by Deep Purple/Steve Howe's Yes in suburban Houston and then Barry Manilow (I may get whiplash).
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1687 on: July 11, 2024, 01:21:11 PM »

Christine Collister

* 450609227_1039803164815136_6314232249455849845_n.jpg (61.09 KB, 514x720 - viewed 351 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1688 on: July 11, 2024, 03:12:53 PM »

Ah, Bretforton, nr Evesham. Quite close, must investigate further...

Thanks for the heads up, David!

Flobbadob!
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today …

« Reply #1689 on: July 12, 2024, 12:13:35 PM »

Victoria Hall in Settle (North Yorkshire) is always worth checking.  Eddi Reader is on tomorrow night (but sadly sold out), Peatbog faeries on Sunday, Gnoss on Thursday 25th, Genticorum on Friday 26th and Skippinish on Sunday 4th August.  Lots of other good stuff, but notably Le Vent Du Nord are there on Tuesday 20th August, Track Dogs on Thursday 5th September, Steve Tilston on Wednesday 18th September and Fairport on Wednesday 16th October.  

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
PJayBe

« Reply #1690 on: July 12, 2024, 10:30:21 PM »

Victoria Hall in Settle (North Yorkshire) is always worth checking.   Peatbog faeries on Sunday,   

Bu stuck on at teatime so the volunteers who do the gigs can watch a football match.

Meanwhile off to a Be Bop Deluxe tribute band on Saturday in Leeds!
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #1691 on: July 12, 2024, 11:19:50 PM »

Victoria Hall in Settle (North Yorkshire) is always worth checking.  Eddi Reader is on tomorrow night (but sadly sold out), Peatbog faeries on Sunday, Gnoss on Thursday 25th, Genticorum on Friday 26th and Skippinish on Sunday 4th August.  Lots of other good stuff, but notably Le Vent Du Nord are there on Tuesday 20th August, Track Dogs on Thursday 5th September, Steve Tilston on Wednesday 18th September and Fairport on Wednesday 16th October.  

Lots worthy of seeing but I would say Steve Tilston is particulalty worth mentioning. A stalwart of the folk scene for decades and still fresh and relevant today. He did a wonderful evening at the Wychwood club this year, I marked him down to see again.
Ann from Lancs

Loc: Colne

I could do it all, but just not today …

« Reply #1692 on: July 13, 2024, 12:09:51 AM »

Lots worthy of seeing but I would say Steve Tilston is particulalty worth mentioning. A stalwart of the folk scene for decades and still fresh and relevant today. He did a wonderful evening at the Wychwood club this year, I marked him down to see again.

Yes, Steve is a local lad to me and I've seen him a lot.  

I will get round to writing that report one day ... who knows where the time goes ??
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #1693 on: July 15, 2024, 09:37:04 PM »

He was very good when I saw him recently in Launceston.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1694 on: July 20, 2024, 08:49:47 AM »

Shocked

Bob Dylan is playing Wolverhampton Civic.
Two dates sold out, so I won't be going, but I might sit outside and listen.

Well I never did..
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1695 on: July 20, 2024, 12:14:17 PM »

The Green Ray with Barry Melton on former home turf in Leytonstone on 4th August.  Cool

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1696 on: July 22, 2024, 08:09:28 AM »

The Green Ray with Barry Melton on former home turf in Leytonstone on 4th August.  Cool

Going to be great.  I've got an invite to a private party in Crewe with Barry and David Cohen et al next weekend, but not sure I'm going to be up to it unfortunately...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
JohnP69

« Reply #1697 on: July 22, 2024, 07:22:02 PM »

Bob Dylan in Nottingham.
Roll on November!!
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #1698 on: July 23, 2024, 05:36:30 PM »

The Warning at the Camp and Furnace in Liverpool. 2nd time I've seen them this year - they are wonderful. I can't wait.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: