TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:17:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming releases of interest  (Read 145368 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2022, 01:10:26 PM »

This Bert BBC box looks very good, but the price is pretty eye watering...especially for the download.

https://bertjansch.bandcamp.com/album/bert-at-the-bbc?from=fanpub_fb_pr

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »

34p/track for the download.  Not so bad really.  But you still have to really want it, I guess.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2022, 08:56:17 AM »

This Bert BBC box looks very good, but the price is pretty eye watering...especially for the download.

I preordered, as they say now, this on 4LP. Thinking the CD version might have been a better buy, as you get lots more material.  The extra stuff  you get as downloads with the 4LP  version, but I've not much use for downloads.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »

I preordered, as they say now, this on 4LP. Thinking the CD version might have been a better buy, as you get lots more material.  The extra stuff  you get as downloads with the 4LP  version, but I've not much use for downloads.

Sure they'd let you change...Earth are a good company?  I'd go for the CD set if it was £20 less.  Personally I think the download cost is outrageous, but maybe I'm out of touch.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #404 on: November 06, 2022, 12:24:17 PM »

Sure they'd let you change...Earth are a good company?  I'd go for the CD set if it was £20 less.  Personally I think the download cost is outrageous, but maybe I'm out of touch.

Well, I have.  £67.41 on Am*z*n.  Sorry, but that comparison with what Earth are charging is ridiculous.

Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #405 on: November 06, 2022, 04:24:13 PM »

Well, I have.  £67.41 on Am*z*n.  Sorry, but that comparison with what Earth are charging is ridiculous.

Compare also the amazon price £79 for the 4LP with  Earth's.price.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2022, 10:20:39 AM »

I suspect they're not able to negotiate a lower price, which of course Amazon can due to economies of scale.

But it is a LOT extra  Undecided

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »

I suspect they're not able to negotiate a lower price, which of course Amazon can due to economies of scale.

But it is a LOT extra  Undecided

Amazon don't negotiate anything, they just demand a huge discount (up to 70%) off the publisher/record company etc.  One just puts up or shuts up. Even Colin who put it together seemed surprised by how much Earth are charging.  I wonder if they're effectively charging for the digital release as well as you get that through Bandcamp...but whatever, it does seem very disjointed.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2022, 03:13:57 PM »

Amazon don't negotiate anything, they just demand a huge discount (up to 70%) off the publisher/record company etc.  One just puts up or shuts up. Even Colin who put it together seemed surprised by how much Earth are charging.  I wonder if they're effectively charging for the digital release as well as you get that through Bandcamp...but whatever, it does seem very disjointed.

True!

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #409 on: November 12, 2022, 02:03:02 PM »

Upcoming Ringo box contains 160 cds, 25 singles and loads more stuff including Thomas. All for a cool $1940!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #410 on: November 12, 2022, 02:06:22 PM »

Upcoming Ringo box contains 160 cds, 25 singles and loads more stuff including Thomas. All for a cool $1940!

I believe that is a spoof of the just announced, genuine but equally absurd McCartney box.
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2022, 11:05:13 AM »

Amazon:  80 pounds.

Earth :  110 pounds.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2022, 09:02:49 AM »

I believe that is a spoof of the just announced, genuine but equally absurd McCartney box.

Hmm yes. Also contains actual 1969 f**t in a jar.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2022, 11:43:44 AM »

Hmm yes. Also contains actual 1969 f**t in a jar.
That was Ringo's finest work...

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #414 on: November 23, 2022, 09:39:56 AM »

Cherry Red are releasing a 2CD set of Monsoon's 1st album "Third Eye" this coming Friday. As "Ever So Lonely" is one of my favourite songs (and I had this LP way back then), I shall be buying this one!

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #415 on: November 23, 2022, 09:43:01 AM »

Cherry Red are releasing a 2CD set of Monsoon's 1st album "Third Eye" this coming Friday. As "Ever So Lonely" is one of my favourite songs (and I had this LP way back then), I shall be buying this one!

I was sad to read this: In 2009, Chandra began experiencing symptoms of what was eventually diagnosed as BMS (burning mouth syndrome), as a result of which she is unable to sing, speak, laugh or cry without suffering intense pain. She has thus been rendered effectively mute. As a result of her illness Chandra retired from music.

Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #416 on: November 23, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »

Everything she released on Real World Records is exceptional in my opinion, in particular an a Cappella reworking of Ever So Lonely (Eyes/Ocean) which is an absolute showstopper.

I was sad to read this: In 2009, Chandra began experiencing symptoms of what was eventually diagnosed as BMS (burning mouth syndrome), as a result of which she is unable to sing, speak, laugh or cry without suffering intense pain. She has thus been rendered effectively mute. As a result of her illness Chandra retired from music.

That began shortly after her involvement with The Imagined Village. Very sad, and I really feel for her.

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #417 on: November 23, 2022, 11:03:28 AM »

Yes, Sheila had a beautiful voice... Sad

Flobbadob!
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2022, 03:49:42 PM »

Van der Graaf Generator: The Bath Forum Concert 2 CD + 1 Blu Ray +1 DVD, due 10th March.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/van-der-graaf-generator-the-bath-forum-concert-2cd-blu-ray-dvd-box-set-4-disc/?mc_cid=7b6e64e615&mc_eid=15f6f93c56

Been waiting for news on this for a while. Looks like being a fitting momento of what may well end up being their final ever UK gig.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2022, 04:44:49 PM »

Van der Graaf Generator: The Bath Forum Concert 2 CD + 1 Blu Ray +1 DVD, due 10th March.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/van-der-graaf-generator-the-bath-forum-concert-2cd-blu-ray-dvd-box-set-4-disc/?mc_cid=7b6e64e615&mc_eid=15f6f93c56

Been waiting for news on this for a while. Looks like being a fitting momento of what may well end up being their final ever UK gig.

I'm very much looking forward to this too...but ever so slightly annoyed it's not one of the Refugees gigs...  I haven't given up hope of a recovered Peter wanting another date here or there...although I suspect he'll probably play solo if he does play again.

There are so many interesting Cherry Red releases forthcoming

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the-auteurs-people-round-here-dont-like-to-talk-about-it-the-complete-emi-recordings-6cd-box-set/

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/deviation-street-high-times-in-ladbroke-grove-1967-1975-3cd-box-set/

being just two of 'em....just take my money!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: