TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:50:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eric Sedge  (Read 8598 times)
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« on: August 13, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »

Anyone?
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »

Oh, go on then.  Cheesy

I enjoyed him. Would happily see him if he was at another Festival I was at and he didn't clash too badly with whoever. Certainly enjoyed him more than Smith and Brewer or Will Varley, who I suppose were the other two unknown/little known low key acts of the weekend.

Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »

Oh, go on then.  Cheesy

I enjoyed him. Would happily see him if he was at another Festival I was at and he didn't clash too badly with whoever. Certainly enjoyed him more than Smith and Brewer or Will Varley, who I suppose were the other two unknown/little known low key acts of the weekend.

Yep nice songs but only on for 30 minutes which suggests (to me) that he was a late addition and they just tried to squeeze him in. Somebody will know better than me though. Passed by the Radio Oxford tent later where I think he also was playing but the bar was dragging me away  Smiley

Born to Run (but not very fast)
PhilipK

Loc: Hampshire, UK

Looking forward to Cropredy 2024...

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:25:07 PM »

I enjoyed his (short) set, especially Wilkie And Watson, and the song about his daughter.

I'd certainly go to see him if he was playing locally.

* sedge1.jpg (108.75 KB, 1200x797 - viewed 892 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:46:02 PM by PhilipK » Logged

--
Philip
Gouty (Gary)
still struggling with the theme to Bagpuss
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:54:52 PM »

I’ve heard quite a bit about The Edge –how it has great beer, cider and sausages; how it does or does not profit the village – but, until now, I had no idea it was run by a bloke called Eric.

'Eggs, bread, cigs, milk...'
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »

I wasn't expecting much, but his songs drew me in and I downloaded his album when I got home and have already listened to it a couple of times, and think I'll be coming back to it quite a bit more.  Definitely worth seeing again, if he comes around.  My 'find' of the festival.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »

I’ve heard quite a bit about The Edge –how it has great beer, cider and sausages; how it does or does not profit the village – but, until now, I had no idea it was run by a bloke called Eric.
I see what you did there.....  Roll Eyes

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »

Now am i right in thinking that he was one of the Broadside boys who supported Richard Digance on tour and played a few festivals with him last year? I think the other bloke is very poorly with a brain tumour?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »

Now am i right in thinking that he was one of the Broadside boys who supported Richard Digance on tour and played a few festivals with him last year? I think the other bloke is very poorly with a brain tumour?

Yes you’re right about Eric and the Broadside Boys supporting RD. Saw them when I went to see RD in Colchester. Didn’t know about the other member of the Broadside Boys...very sorry to hear that. They were a very likeable duo

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 07:07:50 PM »

Yes you’re right about Eric and the Broadside Boys supporting RD. Saw them when I went to see RD in Colchester. Didn’t know about the other member of the Broadside Boys...very sorry to hear that. They were a very likeable duo

Yes i remember reading that Richard Digance  avoided a driving ban due to the hardship it could cause the other bloke if their tour was cancelled as he was terminally ill.

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »

Mat Bayfield was the other half of the Broadside Boys. He’s had an awful time, but the chemo seems to have reduced the tumour and he is much better than he was.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 08:36:25 PM »

Didn't realise he was half of the Broadside Boys. I enjoyed them when I saw them. Thought he was a very good singer songwriter.

Paul

Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »

I agree with Will ,my find of the festival too. What a good song that is about the Bomber pilots sacrifice,really moved me.

Excellent Eric

Will travel to see you if your booked anywhere in North Wales.

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 01:32:19 PM »

I enjoyed what I heard. The song about his daughter was excellent

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: