TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:19:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Donahue  (Read 144285 times)
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »

Just spotted this update from Susan Rey on fb:

"So many are asking for a Jerry Donahue update...from America and the around the world.

Thank you everyone inquiring about our dear friend Jerry. All and all he is physically improving a lot! His good friend Charlie and I we're visiting at the same time and Jerry wanted to stand up out of his chair to show his improvements...We were nervous about it, but he stood right up out of his chair with both of us at his side and stood tall and proud!

I was so happy for him. He still has a very long road but he is working very hard! I went to one of his occupational therapy sessions and he was working very hard on his right hand and looking at me with...."See what I can do"? I'm so very proud of his determination!

As soon as that thumb is strong...I'm putting his thumb pick on it! Because when I strum a guitar for him as does Freebo F. Freebo...he plays out chords beautifully as only our Jerry does! Yes! Jerry go man go! Keep giving hope! Thank you all for your undying love for our dear friend!"

Grin Positive news to start the day!  Grin

That, for a change, is great news.

The Dude abides
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »

Just spotted this update from Susan Rey on fb:

"So many are asking for a Jerry Donahue update...from America and the around the world.

Thank you everyone inquiring about our dear friend Jerry. All and all he is physically improving a lot! His good friend Charlie and I we're visiting at the same time and Jerry wanted to stand up out of his chair to show his improvements...We were nervous about it, but he stood right up out of his chair with both of us at his side and stood tall and proud!

I was so happy for him. He still has a very long road but he is working very hard! I went to one of his occupational therapy sessions and he was working very hard on his right hand and looking at me with...."See what I can do"? I'm so very proud of his determination!

As soon as that thumb is strong...I'm putting his thumb pick on it! Because when I strum a guitar for him as does Freebo F. Freebo...he plays out chords beautifully as only our Jerry does! Yes! Jerry go man go! Keep giving hope! Thank you all for your undying love for our dear friend!"

Grin Positive news to start the day!  Grin

That, for a change, is great news.

Indeed it is Jim.

No Left Turn Unstoned
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

update from his daughter Kristina

It's NAMM 2017! I know my dad would have loved to attend this year. Thank you all for the many messages, posts, prayers, and well wishes. I know it means a lot to my dad; it certainly means a lot to me and to my family.
Dad's stroke has left him with many challenges, but he's strong and is receiving excellent therapy.
I'd like to thank Richard Thompson for having a benefit concert in honor of my dad on Dec. 4th, which helped so much with medical expenses and lifted all of our spirits, too! Thank you, Jim Cowan, Nancy Covey, and Lincoln Myerson at McCabe's for arranging this.
Though my dad is unable to read your messages at this time, I know he feels the energy of the love and support you're all sending. Thank you.
Love,
Kristina x

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »

There's a great photo just been posted on Facebook by Linda T of Linda and DM visiting Jerry.  

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »

Can't see it without a Facebook login. Humpho

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2017, 10:29:41 AM »

This one.
DM, JD & LT

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Dude abides
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »

Thanks Jim! Excellent photo.

Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »

Thanks Jim, good to see that!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »

Excellent!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2017, 11:03:22 AM »

Nice pic, thanks for posting.

Sad that presumably, he'll not be appearing at Cropredy this year. It would be nice to send him a collective shout from the field, if it could be arranged.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »

"Oh Donny Boy"?  Smiley

That's good to see, thanks!

Flobbadob!
StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2017, 03:15:17 PM »

Wonderful!
Keith E Rice

Loc: Harrogate

"It's alright...it's only witchcraft!"

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »

Wonderful piccie of LT and DM with JD.

Fantastic also that RT did a benefit for his occasional 'Sloth' sparring partner.

I know the odds are against him...but they were probably against JD being here at all earlier this year!

I'll be happy for Jerry if he gets enough quality of life back to enjoy being him again.

But, oh, wouldn't be wonderful if, just once more, we could see Jerry with his Telecaster standing up to Richard with his Strat and making 'Sloth' veer through all those tones at Cropredy.

I pretty much despaired when Richard left Fairport; but, when I heard 'Sloth' on 'LIVE CONVENTION', I was wowed. Not only did Fairport now have a guitarist of equalish capability but one who could add his own subtle - and not so subtle! - bends and swerves that evoked both similarity and difference within the the runs and phrases.

INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED!
'KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU: an Integrated SocioPsychology Guide to Personal Fulfilment & Better Relationships'  ISBN 1-4120-8291-9 (Trafford Publishing, 2006)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »

I pretty much despaired when Richard left Fairport; but, when I heard 'Sloth' on 'LIVE CONVENTION', I was wowed. Not only did Fairport now have a guitarist of equalish capability but one who could add his own subtle - and not so subtle! - bends and swerves that evoked both similarity and difference within the the runs and phrases.

I not only totally concur, but I've never seen it put better.  Great post, Keith.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »

Susan Rey has completed the album she's been making with Jerry.

More details, samples etc and available to order direct from:

https://www.ashgroveband.com

Flobbadob!
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

Richard put on a concert to help with funds . Musicians not working is always a difficult issue especially with medical costs. Is there any thought of some funding initiative
 from his British fans and friends ?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2017, 07:32:04 PM »

Richard put on a concert to help with funds . Musicians not working is always a difficult issue especially with medical costs. Is there any thought of some funding initiative

An officially sanctioned and supported collection at Cropredy would be a nice gesture...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »

A bit far & too short notice for me, alas.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »

An officially sanctioned and supported collection at Cropredy would be a nice gesture...

Its a start.... I was thinking about fellow musicians working together  in something really special . (As presented by Kristina Donahue and Jim Cowan)
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »

Needs someone to organise it. I'm sure his friends would turn out

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: