TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:04:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Donahue  (Read 144898 times)
dooovall [Daniel]

Loc: Ohio

« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:51 AM »

I made a mix CD of various tracks featuring Jerry -- lots from Rising for the Moon, Nine, AT 2, plus 3 tracks from his Neck of the Wood solo album (the 3 with Dave Pegg on bass).  I'm listening to it now while visualizing JD healing.  The world needs this man to make more music.  "There is work to do before we say goodbye."
fstix (Michael)

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »

The latest from Susan Rey...

Hi All Jerry Donahue friends,
I just wanted to update you about Jerry's progress.... he is doing very well! He has some movement now on his right leg and arm even has made several steps walking in therapy sessions..he still has very bad Aphasia but he knows who is there and is trying to communicate very hard and he is aware of what your saying to him and he has great frustration that he can not be understood in his communication as of yet....but he his making better progress in communicating..we and the staff are working with him on many different levels of Therapy...speech. physical, occupational, music as well and he sings and plays around with a mini piano and is doing very well with it...major chords and minors...etc amazing.... actually to see him play with it.. ..
We all know the strength Jerry has as an artist....and we know the man that he is...as I personally see his progress along with his school friend Ron Crowe, and his daughter, Kristina Donahue Daly...I really feel that Jerry will beat most of these battles and I think he will pick up his guitar some day and make it work as best as his body and mind will let him.. which could be so much more than any of us regular players could ever imagine doing...
Thank you all for your love and cards!
P.S.
Jerry's birthday is Friday....he really loves seeing your faces in video...it's more healing for him to see your faces! Send him a Happy Birthday Video and we will make sure he see's them all!!
XXOO! Susan

More like I am today than I ever have been before.
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2016, 10:43:22 AM »

The latest from Susan Rey...

Hi All Jerry Donahue friends,
I just wanted to update you about Jerry's progress.... he is doing very well! He has some movement now on his right leg and arm even has made several steps walking in therapy sessions..he still has very bad Aphasia but he knows who is there and is trying to communicate very hard and he is aware of what your saying to him and he has great frustration that he can not be understood in his communication as of yet....but he his making better progress in communicating..we and the staff are working with him on many different levels of Therapy...speech. physical, occupational, music as well and he sings and plays around with a mini piano and is doing very well with it...major chords and minors...etc amazing.... actually to see him play with it.. ..
We all know the strength Jerry has as an artist....and we know the man that he is...as I personally see his progress along with his school friend Ron Crowe, and his daughter, Kristina Donahue Daly...I really feel that Jerry will beat most of these battles and I think he will pick up his guitar some day and make it work as best as his body and mind will let him.. which could be so much more than any of us regular players could ever imagine doing...
Thank you all for your love and cards!
P.S.
Jerry's birthday is Friday....he really loves seeing your faces in video...it's more healing for him to see your faces! Send him a Happy Birthday Video and we will make sure he see's them all!!
XXOO! Susan

This is good, positive news. Come on Jerry!

No Left Turn Unstoned
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »

Wishing Jerry a happy 70th birthday & hoping his recovery progresses apace.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »

Indeed, happy birthday Jerry. And here's to recovery & many more.

Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2016, 02:40:17 PM »

Wishing Jerry a happy 70th birthday & hoping his recovery progresses apace.  Smiley

Hear hear.

No Left Turn Unstoned
Simon Withers

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »

Hear hear.

Hear Hear Hear
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:51 PM »

We had Fotheringay at Roots aan de Zaan last Saturday (Zaandam, NL). It was a lovely gig, and we started with a tribute to the absent Jerry Donahue - whose birthday it was.
I compiled the iPod pre-show music so, that at around showtime Jerry’s signature tune The Beak/The Claw would play. When the song preceding that was over, I signalled to soundman Paul Smith to give the volume a push.
Then lights out, empty stage, the other Fotheringay members ready at the door – but Jerry played. I think it worked very well. Fab concert, turned out to be Kathryn Roberts' last with them. I wish them well!
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »

Indeed, Kathryn was finding the extra days on the road without her husband/family hard, so she's concentrating on her duo/family.

A friend of Sally's, Debbie, is taking her part. But Sally seemed reluctant to give her surname (I asked her again yesterday). We'll find out in November :-)

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2016, 05:05:03 PM »

Debbie Cassell? Singer-songwriter who has collaborated with Sally in the past.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2016, 06:16:37 PM »

Could well be! Rings a bell.

fstix (Michael)

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »

The latest from Kristina Donahue Daly...

Hi all. Sorry it's been so long since the last update. It's been a bit hectic.

Dad's update - He's made a lot of improvement physically; has been regaining muscle control on right side and has been able to walk some pretty great distances with a walker. I couldn't believe it when I saw it; I didn't know if this would ever be possible. Your prayers, well wishes, and good vibes are working!! Thank you!

He's going to need a lot more work mentally, I'm afraid. The hemorrhaging has left a lot of damage and his aphasia is still a big problem. He's also had increased agitation some days, which makes sense really. I can't imagine being in his position.

Anyway, we appreciate your continued thoughts & prayers. Please feel free too to reach out with video messages! He loves those.

Love,
Kristina x

P.S. This is a public post. Please pass this along to those you think may like to know.

fstix (Michael)

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2016, 02:02:29 AM »

Recent encouraging-sounding news from Susan Rey on FB:

Amazing good news on Jerry Donahue progress not heard as of yet....
Jerry is able to take many many steps walking now with assistance and a special walker....he can now move his right arm all the way up to his shoulder area..."all most".....he is very determined....the most special moment was today.. Freebo F. Freebo and I met up to see Jerry and Freebo put a guitar in Jerry's hands and played the rythmn while Jerry played the chords....it was atonishing.... Jerry is still completely wired musically and he knows us all and responds to memories and jokes....regardless the lack of verbal and communitive abilitiy as of right now....music is the absolute proof that Jerry will come back with Music therapy and stimulations...
I'm not sure insurance will cover this but our brother needs this right now and several times a week.... if you who read this can help in this very needed cause....please help...and P.M. me
thank you all!

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »

Thanks Michael, encouraging indeed. Maybe someone should organise a JerryAid  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2016, 04:41:19 PM »

Just to note that RT is holding a Special Benefit Concert for Jerry Donahue
RICHARD THOMPSON in Solo Performance
December 4, 8:00 PM - $85 Sold Out

At McCabe's in California. I heard it sold out in under 2 hours.

Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »

Just to note that RT is holding a Special Benefit Concert for Jerry Donahue
RICHARD THOMPSON in Solo Performance
December 4, 8:00 PM - $85 Sold Out

At McCabe's in California. I heard it sold out in under 2 hours.

"Nearly seventy quid to see Richard Thompson..?" etc. etc.  Roll Eyes

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 04:51:16 PM »

All money goes to Jerry D. On this occasion, good on him

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 05:10:22 PM »

All money goes to Jerry D. On this occasion, good on him

I think that's what Skirky meant in his own idiosyncratic way.

Nice one, Richard.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »

Yeah, nice one Richard.  His ex was talking about going to see him on Facebook too.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 08:39:20 AM »

Just spotted this update from Susan Rey on fb:

"So many are asking for a Jerry Donahue update...from America and the around the world.

Thank you everyone inquiring about our dear friend Jerry. All and all he is physically improving a lot! His good friend Charlie and I we're visiting at the same time and Jerry wanted to stand up out of his chair to show his improvements...We were nervous about it, but he stood right up out of his chair with both of us at his side and stood tall and proud!

I was so happy for him. He still has a very long road but he is working very hard! I went to one of his occupational therapy sessions and he was working very hard on his right hand and looking at me with...."See what I can do"? I'm so very proud of his determination!

As soon as that thumb is strong...I'm putting his thumb pick on it! Because when I strum a guitar for him as does Freebo F. Freebo...he plays out chords beautifully as only our Jerry does! Yes! Jerry go man go! Keep giving hope! Thank you all for your undying love for our dear friend!"

Grin Positive news to start the day!  Grin

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: