TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:35:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1072846 times)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1760 on: December 04, 2021, 09:09:55 PM »

Since I had a Saturday ticket for last year I, for one, am thankful that the postponement will allow me to see Seth Lakeman, who by all accounts is a warm and generous person.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #1761 on: December 04, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »

Never been to Cropredy - not all that keen on big events  - but a bunch of friends are going so I'm half tempted to take the plunge for 2022.

Had a look at the booking form and I'm confused as to whether the £50 camping fee is per person or per tent. Anybody know?
stevegayton
n3wb

« Reply #1762 on: December 06, 2021, 04:23:56 PM »

It's per tent although that's for a reasonable tent not a marquee . You should definitely come it's fabulous
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #1763 on: December 06, 2021, 04:47:33 PM »

It's actually per vehicle, so try a minibus with 8 tents for best value  Grin
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #1764 on: December 06, 2021, 07:37:55 PM »

Plus 2 big tents. One for the minibus, one to shelter the little tents.
I have actually seen this, but not at Cropredy.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #1765 on: December 07, 2021, 07:36:21 AM »

Since I had a Saturday ticket for last year I, for one, am thankful that the postponement will allow me to see Seth Lakeman, who by all accounts is a warm and generous person.

Surprised you have not fallen over him before, an excellent choice for a laid back (slightly hungover) Saturday afternoon.
wayne stote

« Reply #1766 on: December 07, 2021, 10:35:10 AM »

It's per tent although that's for a reasonable tent not a marquee . You should definitely come it's fabulous

Many thanks!
wayne stote

« Reply #1767 on: December 07, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »

It's actually per vehicle, so try a minibus with 8 tents for best value  Grin

If we do take the plunge & buy some tickets, we're planning on using public transport. I don't suppose that means we get free camping?  Grin
Metro96 (Keith)
Do I look like a padre?

Loc: Adjacent to the Saddleworth villages.

My Friend there is always time for beer!

« Reply #1768 on: December 07, 2021, 11:27:37 AM »

If we do take the plunge & buy some tickets, we're planning on using public transport. I don't suppose that means we get free camping?  

Absolutely. "Backpackers" and Motorcycle camping is free.

Pwll peint o chwerw os gwelwch yn dda.
một pint của đắng xin
ไพน์ของขมโปรด
en halvliter øl vennligst
wayne stote

« Reply #1769 on: December 07, 2021, 11:30:09 AM »

If we do take the plunge & buy some tickets, we're planning on using public transport. I don't suppose that means we get free camping?  

Absolutely. "Backpackers" and Motorcycle camping is free.

Wow, that's extraordinary!
Metro96 (Keith)
Do I look like a padre?

Loc: Adjacent to the Saddleworth villages.

My Friend there is always time for beer!

« Reply #1770 on: December 07, 2021, 11:42:51 AM »

From the Fairport Website:

Only those folk with festival tickets will be allowed to camp. If you don't have a festival ticket, please do not purchase a Camping Sticker. Without a valid ticket or wristband you will not be allowed onto the campsites.

REMEMBER - WE CHARGE CAMPING PER VEHICLE, NOT PER PERSON!

You charge one £50/£45 camping sticker per vehicle, What do you class as a vehicle?

We mean a car, a jeep, a light van, an MPV, Motorhome or a similar conveyance. The price per vehicle includes the occupants of the vehicle (providing each one has a concert ticket for the day they arrive to camp). The number of occupants might be one chap in a Mini or a family in an MPV. Four is the average occupancy although we're unlikely to quibble over up to six, especially if some of them are children. For more than six occupants, please purchase two stickers. Commonsense, and the comfort and safety of others, are the primary considerations.

We count a car and caravan as ONE vehicle. However, if you are arriving in a campervan/caravan but also wish to put up a tent, please purchase two stickers.

There is NO extra charge for caravans or motor homes.

*AND REMEMBER, BACKPACKERS AND BIKERS DON'T NEED CAMPING STICKERS - THEY CAMP FOR FREE!!

Does the camping charge include tents?

Yes. A 'tent' can be anything from a tiny one-person 'pod' to a family tent job. Subject to safety considerations and the campsite marshalls' decision, you may be able put more than one tent on your pitch, for example, a mid-size one for mum and dad plus a small one for the kids. But a marquee or a pair of giant canvas palaces on one pitch wouldn't be allowed by the marshalls. You would need to purchase two Camping Stickers. Again, use commonsense and consider the safety and comfort of others.

Pwll peint o chwerw os gwelwch yn dda.
một pint của đắng xin
ไพน์ของขมโปรด
en halvliter øl vennligst
wayne stote

« Reply #1771 on: December 07, 2021, 01:10:55 PM »

From the Fairport Website:

Only those folk with festival tickets will be allowed to camp. If you don't have a festival ticket, please do not purchase a Camping Sticker. Without a valid ticket or wristband you will not be allowed onto the campsites.

REMEMBER - WE CHARGE CAMPING PER VEHICLE, NOT PER PERSON!

You charge one £50/£45 camping sticker per vehicle, What do you class as a vehicle?

We mean a car, a jeep, a light van, an MPV, Motorhome or a similar conveyance. The price per vehicle includes the occupants of the vehicle (providing each one has a concert ticket for the day they arrive to camp). The number of occupants might be one chap in a Mini or a family in an MPV. Four is the average occupancy although we're unlikely to quibble over up to six, especially if some of them are children. For more than six occupants, please purchase two stickers. Commonsense, and the comfort and safety of others, are the primary considerations.

We count a car and caravan as ONE vehicle. However, if you are arriving in a campervan/caravan but also wish to put up a tent, please purchase two stickers.

There is NO extra charge for caravans or motor homes.

*AND REMEMBER, BACKPACKERS AND BIKERS DON'T NEED CAMPING STICKERS - THEY CAMP FOR FREE!!

Does the camping charge include tents?

Yes. A 'tent' can be anything from a tiny one-person 'pod' to a family tent job. Subject to safety considerations and the campsite marshalls' decision, you may be able put more than one tent on your pitch, for example, a mid-size one for mum and dad plus a small one for the kids. But a marquee or a pair of giant canvas palaces on one pitch wouldn't be allowed by the marshalls. You would need to purchase two Camping Stickers. Again, use commonsense and consider the safety and comfort of others.

Cheers!
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1772 on: December 21, 2021, 09:02:50 PM »

Interesting old fanzine wherein Marty Willson-Piper, then a member of All About Eve, refers to their brief time supporting Fairport and of Cropredy. https://www.liquidfriction.co.uk/aae/iss/pdf/iss03.pdf

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1773 on: December 22, 2021, 12:33:38 AM »

Interesting old fanzine wherein Marty Willson-Piper, then a member of All About Eve, refers to their brief time supporting Fairport and of Cropredy. https://www.liquidfriction.co.uk/aae/iss/pdf/iss03.pdf

Fairport fans at gigs not really appreciative of AAE, then. Better at Cropredy, I suspect, although I wasn't there for another four years.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1774 on: December 22, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »

That's a really high quality production...did they exist in print at the time?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1775 on: December 22, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »

Yes they did! I was avid subscriber, and they were a great read. You could also get official bootlegs of every AAE gig from them. Great band, who had a fantastic rapport with their fans.
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1776 on: December 22, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »

Yes they did! I was avid subscriber, and they were a great read. You could also get official bootlegs of every AAE gig from them. Great band, who had a fantastic rapport with their fans.

I was at the Portsmouth gig Marty mentions in the interview, and the presence of an acoustic 3 piece All About Eve on the bill sold a lot of extra tickets to pale-faced Goth types who hadn't seen hide nor hair of them in years, who virtually ignored the wonderful Steve Tilston, talking throughout his set and who cleared off pretty sharpish when FC came on.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1777 on: January 27, 2022, 10:53:50 AM »

Do these look genuine to you?  Both Martin's (not Maartin's) and Ric's look entirely different to others I've got...

* s-l1600.jpg (99.33 KB, 1199x1600 - viewed 720 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #1778 on: January 27, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »

Do these look genuine to you?  Both Martin's (not Maartin's) and Ric's look entirely different to others I've got...

Didnt he used to put a double "a" in Maart? Perhaps thats an earlier one, It looks like a cassette inner. Rics doesnt look right either as you say.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1779 on: January 27, 2022, 11:42:24 AM »

Didnt he used to put a double "a" in Maart? Perhaps thats an earlier one, It looks like a cassette inner. Rics doesnt look right either as you say.

It's the back cover from an '86 The Other Boot (so like a video box sleeve) currently for sale on eBay.  I'm far from convinced although can't really see why anybody would bother to forge it.  I've got a 1987 signature that I got myself and it's signed "Maart", and Ric's doesn't look like that either.  Peggy's looks just about kosher but then again, a 6 year old could do that one.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: