TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:54:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1072804 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1740 on: November 24, 2021, 08:44:28 AM »

Well I"m interested to know what his dodgy views are 🤔🙂.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #1741 on: November 24, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »

Start a DIGANCE CHATTER topic, then.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1742 on: November 24, 2021, 10:00:43 PM »

Please don’t. I’ve been lectured from the stage about what his opinion of TAW are before.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1743 on: November 25, 2021, 07:21:10 AM »

Please don’t. I’ve been lectured from the stage about what his opinion of TAW are before.

We have a winner....  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1744 on: November 25, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »

You serious Andy?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1745 on: November 25, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »

You serious Andy?

A few people on TAW dislike Digance immensely.

At Cropredy a few years back, he made some what I considered to be tongue-in-cheek, but ill-judged, comments, something along the lines of "bloody foreigners, coming here, taking our jobs blah blah".  Some took exception to this and criticised RD in the Cropredy threads where we review each of the acts. RD found out about it and the following year made some unnecessary comments in his act about "people on Talkawhile who can't take a joke" and a few other disparaging comments. It's left some bad blood with both sides still getting agitated over it years later.

It doesn't need any further comment, I'm only adding this to provide some context to the remarks in this thread. I suggest the best way forward is to wait and see who replaces him - maybe we'll get a full hour of Ric's jokes!  Roll Eyes

To bring this back on topic, here's a nice bit of Fairport at Cropredy in 2017 with our Jude and some other familiar faces "Time Will Show The Wiser". Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnbKzGZblrA

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #1746 on: November 25, 2021, 01:31:58 PM »

Thanks for that Bridg. I think it's my favourite Fairport memory. Five out of six original members playing track 1 of their very first album 50 years later, and with the same gusto. Mindblowing really.
Richard who?

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1747 on: November 25, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »

Thanks for that Bridg. I think it's my favourite Fairport memory. Five out of six original members playing track 1 of their very first album 50 years later, and with the same gusto. Mindblowing really.
Richard who?
 Grin

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1748 on: November 25, 2021, 03:03:18 PM »

Richard who?
 Grin

There's a lovely bit in the 50th documentary where it segues from black and white footage of Time Will Show The Wiser in 67/8 to the same song in 2017 at Cropredy.
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #1749 on: November 25, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »

You serious Andy?

At Cropredy a few years back, he made some what I considered to be tongue-in-cheek, but ill-judged, comments, something along the lines of "bloody foreigners, coming here, taking our jobs blah blah".  Some took exception to this and criticised RD in the Cropredy threads where we review each of the acts. RD found out about it and the following year made some unnecessary comments in his act about "people on Talkawhile who can't take a joke" and a few other disparaging comments. It's left some bad blood with both sides still getting agitated over it years later.

It doesn't need any further comment, I'm only adding this to provide some context to the remarks in this thread. I suggest the best way forward is to wait and see who replaces him - maybe we'll get a full hour of Ric's jokes!  Roll Eyes

To bring this back on topic, here's a nice bit of Fairport at Cropredy in 2017 with our Jude and some other familiar faces "Time Will Show The Wiser". Enjoy!

and.....we're back in the room!
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #1750 on: November 25, 2021, 03:50:05 PM »

Richard who?
 Grin

There's a lovely bit in the 50th documentary where it segues from black and white footage of Time Will Show The Wiser in 67/8 to the same song in 2017 at Cropredy.

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the time signature!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1751 on: November 25, 2021, 04:11:43 PM »

Thanks for the video Bridget…. Wonderful to watch it again.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #1752 on: November 25, 2021, 04:18:42 PM »

Richard who?
 Grin

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the time signature!

Would 1967/8 make it better or worse?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1753 on: November 26, 2021, 08:34:18 AM »

Awww, that lovely old "tongue-in-cheek, but ill-judged" racism, eh?  Fair warms the cockles of one's heart really.....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1754 on: November 26, 2021, 12:01:14 PM »

You serious Andy?

Thanks for this Bridget.  Its good to know the history.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1755 on: November 26, 2021, 01:39:11 PM »

Just love this old school ticket for the Warm ups...it's huge.. No nasty email print out for me  Smiley

* IMG_20211125_192822444.jpg (571.01 KB, 1152x864 - viewed 674 times.)

giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #1756 on: November 26, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »

Just ordered my “farewell farewell” t shirt. I know that when I bought the original I needed a “medium” but checking the size guide now it says I need “xxxl”. Does anyone know if they have changed the sizing guide since the 80s?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1757 on: December 04, 2021, 01:27:23 PM »

Well my new Farewell shirt arrived today.  It is a medium and fits although will look considerably better once I've regained control of my post-operative comfort eating and general not taking care of myself.  It's a lovely looking top quality shirt.  I've wanted one of these for 40 years.

quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1758 on: December 04, 2021, 02:10:02 PM »

Well my new Farewell shirt arrived today.  It is a medium and fits although will look considerably better once I've regained control of my post-operative comfort eating and general not taking care of myself.  It's a lovely looking top quality shirt.  I've wanted one of these for 40 years.

Mine also arrived, but was red & had "Fairport's Cropredy Christmas" emblazoned on it. A quick message to Gareth with a lightning response & a "Farewell" job is on it's way. Bless him.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1759 on: December 04, 2021, 02:30:30 PM »

I received my Chrimbo t-shirt today. I will be wearing it ay both of our ukey group festive gigs this week!

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: