TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:02:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Rising for the moon" deluxe  (Read 67782 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

When those stickers first started appearing, you'd be lucky if the gloss finish on the cardboard would remain intact.  Thankfully they seem to have changed the adhesive since then, and like Gub says, as long as you're careful, you should be OK.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »

I noticed also the packaging follows the newish trend of LP-replica sleeve with NO PROTECTIVE INNER> (I'm guessing here, but it's so common). Thus one gets a scratched disc from the word go. Ship. Ha'p worht. Tar.  Angry
David Blake

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »

The CDs I really like are Japanese ones which have flimsy inner plastic jackets for the CD.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »

The CDs I really like are Japanese ones which have flimsy inner plastic jackets for the CD.

Me too. The JAps always do this. I don't get why other Cds can't have it. It's such a simple thing.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »

Just got my copy in the post.  I'm going to fire up the Troubador disc first!
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 06:00:07 PM »

Having run through it this weekend, I really love the Troubador performance.  It may be the best live recording I've heard from the 1974 line-up.
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »

(Apart from no Sloth),it's pretty good,if a bit too much like a Sandy show promoting ...Waltz,than a Fairport gig.
Much as I love her and thought that the songs with her vocals on the ...Moon album were easily the best things on it,one of my what if.....ponderments,is would the album after Nine have been as good as it's predecessor if Sandy hadn't rejoined,and would that line up have stayed together longer?

Well I never did..
Ronald
I have to confess it was pure laziness

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »

As for Mr Johns, I understand it was as a result of his attitude that DM left, and for that reason alone we should not be thankful.

I just read on the Folkcasters blog that for that album Johns was brought in as a producer and that he was more or less resposible for what was going to be recorded. He also did not want any traditional songs, well, the couple of albums before there were some traditional songs but most were original compositions so why did he veto it? Or was he hoping to reach a wider public? I can go along with that and the band probably did as well but what baffles me is that there apparently was a disagrement between Johns and Dave Mattacks which made him leave (if I have to believe what  I have read) but why did the band go along with Johns and not support their longtime drummer?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: