TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steeleye Chatter  (Read 376400 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2019, 06:04:31 PM »

He certainly played at the War Child concert that was eventually released as “The Journey”.

Despite claims to the contrary, Terry Woods did NOT appear, meaning the the very first line up has not played live to this day.

Thanks, Barry.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Greg E

« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2019, 08:09:03 PM »

Yes, 1995 is the one and only time Ashley appeared with Steeleye since he left. Which is a shame because if he could have gone to the Barbican concert next month you could have reunited the 'please to see the King' line up - as the other 3 will be be there. (Knight, Carthy, Prior). Sadly of course no Tim Hart.

And of course if anyone wamts to get up to speed with their Steeleye knowledge and has a spare few hours they can make there way through my history of the band on my website  Grin  Cool
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2019, 08:24:54 PM »

Yes, 1995 is the one and only time Ashley appeared with Steeleye since he left. Which is a shame because if he could have gone to the Barbican concert next month you could have reunited the 'please to see the King' line up - as the other 3 will be be there. (Knight, Carthy, Prior). Sadly of course no Tim Hart.

And of course if anyone wamts to get up to speed with their Steeleye knowledge and has a spare few hours they can make there way through my history of the band on my website  Grin  Cool

Come on then...don't be coy.  Care to share?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2019, 10:43:26 PM »

Despite claims to the contrary, Terry Woods did NOT appear, meaning the the very first line up has not played live to this day.

Not that I was there & stand to be corrected, but didn't the first line-up play a couple of gigs in the National Theatre foyer before "Hark The Village Wake" was recorded?

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Greg E

« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2019, 07:50:54 AM »

Come on then...don't be coy.  Care to share?

Of course , but I fear people may be bored of me posting links to it, it's not the first time  Grin

https://steeleyespanfan.co.uk

I've added lots of new info/pictures/links to videos etc in the last few months. Its a bit of monster to read through the whole timeline!
Greg E

« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2019, 07:53:18 AM »

Not that I was there & stand to be corrected, but didn't the first line-up play a couple of gigs in the National Theatre foyer before "Hark The Village Wake" was recorded?

I've not seen any reference to that before, do you know where you read that?
They recorded one session but nothing in front of an audience.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2019, 01:55:59 PM »

I've not seen any reference to that before, do you know where you read that?
They recorded one session but nothing in front of an audience.

Nope sadly not. It's been a long held belief as I recall thinking when Pete Frame's family tree was first issued that the statement regarding them not playing any gigs was incorrect. However, my memory is at best unreliable.  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Greg E

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »

seeing as I mentioned it on the other thread

Dates so far for a SPring 2020 tour....

 1st May - The Sage, Gateshead.
 4th May- Lowther Pavilion, Lytham.
 6th May - Buxton Opera House
 14th May- Palace Theatre, Newark
 16th May - The Lighthouse, Poole
 19th May - St George's, Bristol
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2019, 12:40:23 AM »

This is obviously not part of the tour, but Sidmouth recently confirmed Steeleye as one of their pre-festival gigs (i.e. late July).  Fortunately, the dates for Sidmouth and Cropredy don’t clash in 2020.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2019, 07:35:52 AM »

This is obviously not part of the tour, but Sidmouth recently confirmed Steeleye as one of their pre-festival gigs (i.e. late July).  Fortunately, the dates for Sidmouth and Cropredy don’t clash in 2020.

Thur 30th July https://sidmouthfolkfestival.co.uk/pre-festival-specials/

peascod

« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »

Available on BBC iplayer is The Story of A Fairytale of New York, shown Thurs 19th BBC at 10pm. a few clips of Terry Woods, formerly of Steeleye Span.
peascod

« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »

Record Collector (Jan 2020, No.501) has a 4 page article (pages 72 to 75) on Steeleye Span.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »

Record Collector (Jan 2020, No.501) has a 4 page article (pages 72 to 75) on Steeleye Span.

And it's fairly decent, I think, although I'm no expert....

peascod

« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2020, 07:07:24 AM »

The BBC news website has a few pictures of Steeleye Span today, under Politics, Features & Analysis section, "How the UK celebrated joining Europe",  ( www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51212714 ), one picture is on the main page, the other in the article.
peascod

« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2020, 04:01:46 PM »

Was just browsing TV channels and was watching Virgin channel 348, Now 70s, Great Song - Stupid Title! 1970 - 1979, and who should be on but Steeleye Span with All Around My Hat.
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2020, 07:07:24 PM »

Was just browsing TV channels and was watching Virgin channel 348, Now 70s, Great Song - Stupid Title! 1970 - 1979, and who should be on but Steeleye Span with All Around My Hat.
i was watching that I either turned over too soon or not depending on you point of views!

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
peascod

« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »

It's on again tonight at 22:00
Brendan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Barrow-in-Furness

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2020, 03:33:37 PM »

as far as I can tell with these channels its on every night at the same time, I think the novelty wears off eventually

"I'm only a bag of Rags in an Overall"
HEM

Loc: Northern Germany

I'd rather be flying....

« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2021, 07:49:20 AM »

Now we are Eight?

https://steeleyespan.org.uk/band/

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2021, 09:25:39 AM »

Cripes...that's a big beast to make pay for itself...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: