TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:17:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WinTour 2009 Reports and Photos  (Read 115635 times)
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2009, 01:10:28 AM »

Superb sublime brillant thank you chaps, more tomorrow Grin Fez

tomorrow?
Red Shoes (Caz+Mark)
never built a bear in my life
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Birmingham

The bass player's back !

« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2009, 10:20:19 AM »

Wonderful gig last night! I think Uke sales will go through the roof in Birmingham now lol. Thank's to all the member's for making it very special. We will post some pics up later, when our hangover has gone. We also won the raffle Embarrassed
Carolyn & Mark xxx

Back working on new album, with Peggy on base and a certain fiddle player who should be knighted :-)
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »

Well done guys, £800 raised for tct. Thanks to all  Fez

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

Another excellent gig Grin, though I suspect Simon may regret the way he introduced MOTL Lips Sealed

I'm absolutely shattered today so will try to add more later.

It was a shame so many people couldn't come Sad Sad You were missed - TAWers do help to make a gig even more fun Tiara Fez

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »

Another excellent gig Grin, though I suspect Simon may regret the way he introduced MOTL Lips Sealed

Why, what did he say?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »

Nothing too controversial, just end of tour fatigue along the lines of lets get thru MOTL then we can all go and have a lie down, to be fair to simon and the chaps they did something kind for a TAWer who could not make the gig. All will be revealed in due course.

mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »

Great gig in Brum last night - just got back to sunny South Wales.  I spent the weekend with my brother-in-law, Bob, who took a piccy of me and Mr Pegg.

I also sampled the delights of the Wellington real ale pub just down the road from the Town Hall.  I've been in that pub six times in all (before and after the FC gigs in Brum for the past three years!) Wink

[attachment deleted by admin]

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »

That shirt was seriously scary Shocked

It looked like two eyes glowering over his guitar Shocked

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Red Shoes (Caz+Mark)
never built a bear in my life
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Birmingham

The bass player's back !

« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »

He was very proud of that shirt! It reminded him of his Cocktail Cowboys days  Grin Grin

Back working on new album, with Peggy on base and a certain fiddle player who should be knighted :-)
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2009, 07:09:07 PM »

He was very proud of that shirt! It reminded him of his Cocktail Cowboys days  Grin Grin

It just made me smile Roll Eyes

johanna/ulla
The Cropredy Opening Act
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Worms, Germany

Don“t mention the war

« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »

Oh what a great night it was. Good to see some Talkawhilers there.
I enjoyed every moment of a brilliant gig.
A big THANK YOU to the band  Kiss
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2009, 09:01:11 AM »

Nothing too controversial, just end of tour fatigue along the lines of lets get thru MOTL then we can all go and have a lie down, to be fair to simon and the chaps they did something kind for a TAWer who could not make the gig. All will be revealed in due course.

End of tour fatigue seemed to loom large to me - a great set list played accurately but with little fire in the belly.

Than we had MOTL and Ken Nicol filling the big electric guitar hole at the centre of the band, I thought MOTL was the highlight for that reason, the band sounded complete.

All in all a nice night out.

David W
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »

Nothing too controversial, just end of tour fatigue along the lines of lets get thru MOTL then we can all go and have a lie down

Ha.  Well, that's OK.  Simon must have been feeling a bit shabby what with having been ill.  I'm sure folks took it in a lighthearted way rather than thinking he was being rude.

Am intrigued by the TAW connection....  Hmm.....

Jules

mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »

What Simon actually said, which caused the band (Peggy and Chris in particular) to commence giggling was that MOTL was a song that Richard Thompson had 'tossed off' many years before.  Before long Simon himself and the audience had joined in the giggles.  It didn't sound like end of tour fatigue to me, just a silly schoolboyish slip of the tongue....ooer missis! Grin

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »

In post "day out in the big city and then a stonking gig" fatigued state i probably didn't express my self very clearly, mickf has put things in a much better way. Wink Wink

Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2009, 11:06:12 AM »

What Simon actually said, which caused the band (Peggy and Chris in particular) to commence giggling was that MOTL was a song that Richard Thompson had 'tossed off' many years before.  Before long Simon himself and the audience had joined in the giggles.  It didn't sound like end of tour fatigue to me, just a silly schoolboyish slip of the tongue....ooer missis! Grin

LOL.  Well that's even funnier!

Jules

steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »

In post "day out in the big city and then a stonking gig" fatigued state i probably didn't express my self very clearly, mickf has put things in a much better way. Wink Wink

As the person who had the pleasure/privelege/honour of sitting next to Big Dave, I'm not surprised he's fatigued. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actively enjoy a gig as much as he did on Saturday.... Smiley Mind you it was a great evening!

Just for the record, here's Chris' setlist (although I guess most of it is common knowledge by this stage in the tour!)-

Highlights? Too many to list. Geoff has really got the measure of Chris' voice on Reynardine and Cell Song, and Fame & Glory was an unexpected pleasure from this tour ( the whole album, sorry CD, is pretty good on first hearing).  Ukelele Central is great fun - taken as Chris said from Ric's forthcoming cd "Anarchy in the Uke", it should boost sales of ukeleles countrywide! Chatting to him afterwards, Chris may post the chords on the FC website if there's enough demand... Wink

Anyway, pause for breath before the acoustic tour.....or in BD's case Cropredy, it'll probably take him that long to recover.. Grin
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

I am still soooo pissed off that I missed this gig  Sad Sad

But glad you all had a great time  Grin

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »

As the person who had the pleasure/privelege/honour of sitting next to Big Dave, I'm not surprised he's fatigued. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actively enjoy a gig as much as he did on Saturday.... Smiley Mind you it was a great evening!

Just for the record, here's Chris' setlist (although I guess most of it is common knowledge by this stage in the tour!)-

Highlights? Too many to list. Geoff has really got the measure of Chris' voice on Reynardine and Cell Song, and Fame & Glory was an unexpected pleasure from this tour ( the whole album, sorry CD, is pretty good on first hearing).  Ukelele Central is great fun - taken as Chris said from Ric's forthcoming cd "Anarchy in the Uke", it should boost sales of ukeleles countrywide! Chatting to him afterwards, Chris may post the chords on the FC website if there's enough demand... Wink

Anyway, pause for breath before the acoustic tour.....or in BD's case Cropredy, it'll probably take him that long to recover.. Grin

not a lot of point putting spoiler alerts up after the tour finished

The Dude abides
Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »

Thank you for those kind words Steve-N.......I am not sure that you should regard it as a privelige or anything! More like a bloody distracting nuisance  Grin you where very patient (and brave) thanks for your company, it was a pleasure to share the gig with you both.  It was a bloody good gig as well, I was so knackered yesterday I went without my Sunday lunchtime session in the Oak  Sleepy
Thanks also to all those who helped with the raffle, Adrian was charm personified when we were on duty together, whereas my approach was more along the lines of demanding money with menaces  Grin Grin
The more I see in the Town Hall, the more I rate it as a venue.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: