TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:33:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 351184 times)
Matt Hicks
my talent is actually french polishing
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Plymouth and also in residence in Birmingham

The Mothman

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »

Sam,

I see you've used the "tongue of dog" method to sand down the fiddle. Works very well too.

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »

Sam,

I see you've used the "tongue of dog" method to sand down the fiddle. Works very well too.

I'm impressed by the work.  I'm even more impressed by the dog ears.  What a magnificent pair!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Sam
Bonjela and tonic please.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Welshie West Wales

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »

Grin

Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.

Arundhati Roy
Sam
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 03:10:45 PM »

ps i am open to swaps or bartering....

Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.

Arundhati Roy
Soundfarmer Pete
set-ups for beer tokens

Loc: Grantham

Almost a Womble!

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »

Here`s one I put on e-bay,
White Stratocaster copy inspired by guitars of Ritchie Blackmore & Yngwe Malmsteen.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scalloped-fingerboard-Strat-style-guitar_W0QQitemZ180306291944QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180306291944&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I also have a black David Gilmour style Strat copy for £120, a natural butterscotch Tom Delonge style Strat copy with Seymour Duncan JB for £140 and a reworked Squier Telecaster with neck humbucker for £150. All are built from new or recyled e-bay purchases and are in effect, new instruments. All guitars have had frets levelled, recrowned and polished and tremolos where fitted are modified for improved return to tune and reduced string breakage.
http://www.almuse.co.uk/ffpgallery.htm

le créateur de mandolines électriques (or so Babelfish reckons :-)
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »

I've always wanted to try a scalloped neck, can't justify bidding at the moment though, good luck with the auction.

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
Ian Mobley

Loc: Manchester, UK

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »

Hi all

I'm selling one of these - http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=50&CollectionID=6

Bought, in a fit of madness - whilst I had an annual bonus burning a hole in my pocket, and having seen Gary Moore live & playing a 'real' antique Gibson version - about 2 years ago from Dawsons in Manchester.  They are now discontinued - but are a well respected and positively reviewed guitar - and I'm selling mine, only because a) I don't play it, and b) my lady wife insists I get rid of some of the musical stuff which is filing up my office at home.

It has been out of the case about 6 times and is immaculate - with a Hiscox case.

Cost £349 + £79 for the case.

It should be played - it's a lovely guitar and sounds fantastic ( check out this guy on YouTube : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlDDckBqeo).  

I have pictures which I will share with any interested parties - please IM me.

I'm looking for a sensible offer from a good home!

Just what you want for your Xmas stocking!!!!!

Thanks

IM
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »

I need a takamine case for a 330 acousticguitar..

a hard case would be preferred ..

dave P
Sam
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »

ok my stereo seperates amp has literally this moment blown up impressively with smoke and everything ... so NO MUSIC in the house of hormones !! this is illegal and an injustice.. sooo

does anyone have one please that they would be wanting to trade for my recently restored celtic fiddle. it is a nice one...

anything considered but must be a seperates system one

ta

[attachment deleted by admin]

Arundhati Roy
Sam
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 09:43:58 AM »

oh forgot to add it will be set up with tailpiece and bridge and strings and stuff... oh and pegs lol. no bow tho but they are a tenner on evilbay

Arundhati Roy
ollythedolly
Grownup
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

One more time with feeling

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »

I need a cassette deck! preferably a 'separate' as all i want is it with phono outs (or similar)! any help?
Olly,
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »

I might have an old one in my attic somewhere. I'll have a look and let you know.
Red Shoes (Caz+Mark)
never built a bear in my life
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Birmingham

The bass player's back !

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »

Try "Cash Converters" in Banbury, they had some in recently, plus other assorted hi-fi stuff - Good quality as well, unlike the Birmingham outlets!

Mark Grin

Back working on new album, with Peggy on base and a certain fiddle player who should be knighted :-)
Anne Dunn
Gr...Annie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Royston

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »

Received this message from Keiron of Hitchin Folk Club.

"Taylor Guitar for Sale

Taylor 310-K with part Koa Wood, bought around 2001.  Standard Fishman Pickup installed, plays like a dream.  Comes with Taylor hard case, which has one hinge replaced.  Selling for £700. "

If anyne is interested, I can PM the contact details.

Learn From the Past, Live in the Present, Create the Future
T
Proper Job!

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »

Hello, musos!

One pair of good quality Meinl wooden congas, 10" and 11", are up for grabs. They are in perfect playing condition and have only a few scratches in the varnish - see photos.

Buyer collects from West Dartmoor, I'm looking for offers in the region of 60 quid (to include a cuppa on collection  8-)  ).

Vince Black
n3wb

Loc: Bury, Lancs

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 02:08:54 PM »

Hello fellow pickers & pluckers

I'm reduced to operating a one-in one-out policy with my unfeasibly large instrument collection.Or move to a bigger house, hmmm there's a thought

Anyway to make room for 2 new arrivals I'm prepared to kiss goodbye to these

A Countryman octave mandolin, or maybe a mandola. The freeted string length is 20.25 inches in old money. It tunes from the top down A-D-G-C  It's in good nick, totally acoustic, plays well and deserves a better mando technique than I possess. I'd be swayed by offers approaching £100

A very cool Maholo Flying-Vee ukulele in black with a white matching shaped gig bag. Mint condition. £20 ono

I'll sell separately or for a discount if someone buys both

I can't figure out how to attach pictures. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll email you a photo

What does "too many instruments" mean exactly?
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »

I can't figure out how to attach pictures. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll email you a photo

That's probably because you need to have made 10 posts before you can attach a picture, Vince Cheesy

Welcome to here  Grin

Jude

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

I have decided to sell my Ovation Baladeer which I have had from new in 1986 (USA made). Just been set-up and frets dressed by Nevada Music of Portsmouth, new Newtone strings plus pick up serviced. Hard case included.

Before it goes on Ebay, does anyone want to IM me with a sensible offer?

traumlied
ANONYMOUS MEMBER
n3wb

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »

I'm selling a viola da terra, a 12 string guitar from Azores (Portugal), which has a unique sound.

More info here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIOLA-DA-TERRA-12-STRING-GUITAR-TRAD-FROM-AZORES_W0QQitemZ380108168501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item380108168501&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Dave R

Loc: Worthing, Sussex

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »

Hi all,

I have for sale a Vintage Mixer.(this is not a mixer/amp!)

MM Electronics 8/2. Tatty, as you can see, but it works OK. This could be run as a four output stage monitor mixer, buy running 8 channels from line out on a main mixer, mixing to Pan rt, Pan left, aux out, and reverb out, then into powered monitors (not included).

£50.00, buyer collects from Worthing

Dave R

I fell in a heap on the ground: i don't know who left it there.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: