TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:33:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-alcoholic beer in cans  (Read 5369 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 07:36:13 AM »

Wonder if Hook Norton will run dry, like Wadsworths did one very hot year? The hotter it is, the later I go to the bar, but if people start panic beering…  Grin

Drinking alcohol to stay cool in excessive heat is a seriously bad idea.  That way lies all manner of unpleasantness.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
wayne stote
Many thanks for the Doobies advice

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »

This year I have to curtail (but not cease) my beer intake, and I've become partial (as second-best option) to some non-alcoholic beers (I mean ales, not lagers). I'm assuming the Cropredy bar isn't going to have such an option. There are several bottled options here in Ireland but I 'd really prefer to take a pile of cans than a pile of bottles for reasons of weight, safety and handiness. So the question is, does anyone know of a UK major brand supermarket that  sells decent canned ale (or wheat beer but not lager). I'm not talking connoisseur stuff here but I'm sure I've seen the like of Speckled Hen and Abbotts in cans somewhere. I don't need the location, just the chain that sells it, and I'll find one on the journey down.
Thanks in advance...

Big Drop, Drop Bear & Brulo are excellent non-alcoholic/low alcoholic brewers. They all seem to be pretty easily available in cans too..
John747

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »

Wonder if Hook Norton will run dry, like Wadsworths did one very hot year? The hotter it is, the later I go to the bar, but if people start panic beering…  Grin

Drinking alcohol to stay cool in excessive heat is a seriously bad idea.  That way lies all manner of unpleasantness.

It's stopping drinking that's the problem David 😉
bob_g

Loc: Mitcham

Bob

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 06:13:59 PM »

I’ve already started. Nice big swig of… tea in the glamping field. ;-) Food & drink by The Brasnose here too.
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2022, 10:21:24 PM »

I have never been interested in low alcohol beer, but recently I became intrigued at the idea of Guinness 0%, so I bought a 4 pack in my local Tesco, and have to say it looked and tasted very similar to the real thing, but the head disappeared quickly.  I won't buy it again as my curiosity has been sated, but its really not bad.

Bit off a faff, but here's a trick I learnt during the first lockdown, when I was buying 2 litre bottles of draught from the window of a local pub: pour a little beer into the bottom of the pint glass, stick a hand blender in and whizz it for 10s, add the rest of the beer. Perfect head that stays there like you'd expect.
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2022, 08:38:57 AM »

Hmmm, might try that with the Guinness.  Cheers.

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2022, 10:01:23 AM »

Let me know how it works with the canned stuff. I imagine it will be the same, if not better Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: