TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:17:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022  (Read 61637 times)
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: West Sussex

Otis tarda - a slow bird but a great bustard

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2022, 10:05:29 AM »

For anyone who might still be wondering about their tickets which they have carried over from 2020 and/or 2021. I emailed the ticket factory to check the position and this is what they said.

The tickets remain valid for the new date, as long as the barcode is still readable these will be ok.

Kind regards,
Sam
Customer Services

P.S. if it isn’t readable then contact then for a replacement.

Has anyone else got a faded ticket? I contacted the ticket factory by email over two weeks ago and again about 10days ago and haven't heard anything from them.

I emailed a couple of weeks ago, and they came over the weekend.

Paul

Me too.

I followed the link in their email initially and followed it up with an email a week or so later.
I'll try phoning next. Third time's the charm?

"And dreams let you down; they just let you down,
But they never leave you..."
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2022, 10:26:21 AM »

For anyone who might still be wondering about their tickets which they have carried over from 2020 and/or 2021. I emailed the ticket factory to check the position and this is what they said.

The tickets remain valid for the new date, as long as the barcode is still readable these will be ok.

Kind regards,
Sam
Customer Services

Has anyone else got a faded ticket? I contacted the ticket factory by email over two weeks ago and again about 10days ago and haven't heard anything from them.

Paul

Me too.

I followed the link in their email initially and followed it up with an email a week or so later.

Looks like neither message got through! Spoke to a human being and it is, hopefully, sorted. I will now be watching the letterbox very keenly!

Chris J

« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2022, 11:56:22 AM »

Don't know about anyone else, but, as much as I'm looking forward to the festival I'm sick of looking at the same flyer and names that I've been looking at for three years now, roll on 2023 and something different.
tarda (Gill)
Our own Harvey Goldsmith
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2022, 09:44:22 AM »

Kind regards,
Sam
Customer Services

Paul

Me too.

Looks like neither message got through! Spoke to a human being and it is, hopefully, sorted. I will now be watching the letterbox very keenly!

Arrived by return of post. Thanks.

mikec
Anywhere close to proper english
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

I'm sorry, my daughter isn't coming out tonight.

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2022, 10:04:39 AM »

For anyone who has booked tickets for TradArr at the Brasenose on Wednesday, Ticketsource have just sent the following email out.

TicketSource
The following important information about your booking for "TRADarrr and Friends- Pre-Cropredy gig" on Wed 10 Aug 2022 at 7:00PM has been announced by TRADarrr.

Hi everyone!
Just to let you know that there will be a full list of ticket sales on the door on the evening of the 10th August so don't worry if you can't find a confirmation email in your email inboxes from three years ago! We know it has been a complicated time and want to reassure you that your booking is still in place! All you'll need is some proof of name (but we know most of you so you probably won't even need that!)
We can't wait to see you all at The Brasenose. It's heading for a sell out and we are all so excited to be playing for you.
It's been a long time - there will be hugs, smiles and laughter a-plenty.

Much love
Marion and all at TRADarrr and The Sandy Denny Project
xxx

If you need to respond to this message or have any questions about the event, you can email the event organiser, TRADarrr directly using our contact form.

Thank you,

The TicketSource team
On behalf of TRADarrr

I have gone to look for myself, if I return before I get back, keep me here.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2022, 10:51:33 AM »

Just a reminder for the old 'uns and info for the new 'uns.

(Maps courtesy of #FairCropFest)

* Cropredy How to get here map.jpg (366.19 KB, 679x943 - viewed 831 times.)

* Cropredy Map 2.jpg (435.1 KB, 682x938 - viewed 853 times.)

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2022, 01:31:59 PM »

stupid question time....What time do the fields officially open? Asking for a friend!

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2022, 03:35:18 PM »

stupid question time....What time do the fields officially open? Asking for a friend!
Sometime after 7 depending on queues.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Wandering Steve

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2022, 12:43:51 PM »

Just a heads up for narrowboat arrivals.

As has been reported before …
Despite the current restrictions…
The levels on the cut are very low and many boats are grounded between slat mill lock and the shop bridge.
I walked from cropredy to great bourbon lock this morning and whilst it is still navigable down the middle channel, a couple of boats did ground but managed to continue on their way.

I spoke to a crt worker who was monitoring the situation and he said that the only solution would be a good dose of rain but there’s only the odd shower due for the next fortnight.

If you’re planning on venturing down it would be worth monitoring the situation.
What with limited lock times I can see it being very busy so long as it remains navigable.
barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2022, 10:35:08 PM »

Are the McBarstards in yet ?
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2022, 11:05:23 PM »

Are the McBarstards in yet ?

They already have set up their ghetto in field 2 and playpen in front of the sound tower.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2022, 10:43:49 AM »

Dug out my packing list this morning...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2022, 12:57:50 PM »

Started writing mine last night. Next, get the roof box down.....  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
andrew c

Loc: Leicester

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »

Anybody else seen something about next week that's making them smile? Plus the super full moon rising on the Thursday. Can't wait!!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2022, 03:47:10 PM »

Found The Cropredy Box today, sorted it out… mostly ponchos, hats, wellies, with the Pugwash flag and lots and lots of shot glasses… in case we are having a toast!
Also lots of little pink tags for our bags etc, now all filled in with name and phone numbers.

Eight days folks…. EIGHT DAYS!!!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »

Have you checked your tickets Bridgwit Huh They were in your knicker drawer under the French light blue (last time I saw them) they have been there a while (Unlike the French light blue)
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2022, 10:10:13 PM »

The levels on the cut are very low and many boats are grounded between slat mill lock and the shop bridge.
I walked from cropredy to great bourbon lock this morning and whilst it is still navigable down the middle channel, a couple of boats did ground but managed to continue on their way.

I spoke to a crt worker who was monitoring the situation and he said that the only solution would be a good dose of rain but there’s only the odd shower due for the next fortnight.

If you’re planning on venturing down it would be worth monitoring the situation.
What with limited lock times I can see it being very busy so long as it remains navigable.

CRT have announced limited opening of Claydon and Marston Doles locks. 9:00 to 4:30.

We abandoned attempts to get from Cropredy to Banbury last weekend as a boat was totally stuck at Slatt Mill Bridge. Managed to reverse from Slatt Mill to the Cropredy winding hole.

Paul

vince42

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2022, 11:15:56 PM »

Tickets?

Left the house without them 6 years ago.

Fortunately the good lady remembered less than 20 miles from home.

That'll never happen again...

probably.
Wandering Steve

« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2022, 06:38:50 AM »

CRT have announced limited opening of Claydon and Marston Doles locks. 9:00 to 4:30.

We abandoned attempts to get from Cropredy to Banbury last weekend as a boat was totally stuck at Slatt Mill Bridge. Managed to reverse from Slatt Mill to the Cropredy winding hole.

Paul

It’s still touch and go around slat mill lock.
Boats are moving but many are moored on the bottom from slat mill to the bridge stores.
I was told by a boater yesterday that the canal was unnavigable just past Banbury but I can’t confirm that.
There are certainly fewer narrow boats about for this time in the lead up to the festival but I guess that’s to be expected with lots of the system hard to traverse.
Plenty of people were walking up to the bridge (doing multiple journeys) in order to get water as they are unable to move what with being grounded…..
They’re the lucky ones….
At least they’re here.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »

Have you checked your tickets Bridgwit Huh They were in your knicker drawer under the French light blue (last time I saw them) they have been there a while (Unlike the French light blue)
They’re already packed Dave. They’ve been cosseted since Dec 2019!!

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: