TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:04:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022  (Read 61633 times)
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« on: February 07, 2022, 11:29:37 AM »

FIELD 8 (cream of the crop)

Gerry has just posted this on facebook...

Hi all

The Cream of the Crop ( aka field 8 )(aka the field of dreams )is awaking from its slumber. Anyone with tickets, they will be valid this year, you will be contacted soon with the what nots. Anyone who wants hook ups. It will be a first come first served thingy. This will also be on said email.

Anyone looking for a place to stay… the good news is we were massively cautious with our sales, what with covid and what not… there will be more tickets made available. We will answer all email requests and then post on here. Please act fast when we do, we tend to be in the fortuitous position of selling out quite quickly.

We hope you are all well and ready to join us come summer. Oh yeah… and we’re also a campsite all year round 😉

Much love and happiness
Gerry and Keon and all the other peops from the funny farm!
Danque 😘

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 12:22:57 PM »

quite quickly.

Oh yeah… and we’re also a campsite all year round 😉

Very interested in this! A weekend in the camper at Cropredy would be wonderful Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 06:51:10 PM »

Does anyone know if this is happening and if so, are there any spaces available?
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 04:21:27 PM »

If anyone knows anyone who might like a Saturday only ticket, please let me know. I bought one 2 years ago, but I'm now thinking of doing the whole 3 days.

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 04:24:20 PM »

Whoops! Looking for £50 for it.

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »

If anyone knows anyone who might like a Saturday only ticket, please let me know. I bought one 2 years ago, but I'm now thinking of doing the whole 3 days.

Sorry for multiple postings, but circumstances now mean I'll be reverting to Plan A - i.e. attending Saturday only!  Grin

Flobbadob!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 06:34:06 PM »

Does anyone know if this is happening and if so, are there any spaces available?
Do you mean Cropredy, or Field 8?

In either case the answer is yes & best to check direct via the website.

giottoscircle (Robert)
Water pistoled at the Sooty Show

Loc: Leeds

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 08:15:44 AM »

Sorry, meant Field 8. Ticket still in drawer ready from 2020 but wondered if F8 was happening/worth considering.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 12:21:58 PM »

Sorry, meant Field 8. Ticket still in drawer ready from 2020 but wondered if F8 was happening/worth considering.
Can only refer you to the original post:

FIELD 8 (cream of the crop)

Gerry has just posted this on facebook...

Hi all

The Cream of the Crop ( aka field 8 )(aka the field of dreams )is awaking from its slumber. Anyone with tickets, they will be valid this year, you will be contacted soon with the what nots. Anyone who wants hook ups. It will be a first come first served thingy. This will also be on said email.

Anyone looking for a place to stay… the good news is we were massively cautious with our sales, what with covid and what not… there will be more tickets made available. We will answer all email requests and then post on here. Please act fast when we do, we tend to be in the fortuitous position of selling out quite quickly.

We hope you are all well and ready to join us come summer. Oh yeah… and we’re also a campsite all year round 😉

Much love and happiness
Gerry and Keon and all the other peops from the funny farm!
Danque 😘

Chris J

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2022, 08:41:31 PM »

The Red Lion have announced their fringe line up, looks ok but not the same without Spank The Monkey at some time over the weekend.
malcolm talking elephant
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 08:10:39 PM »

It's official Talking Elephant are coming back to Cropredy 2022. In the same place as usual, but this time we are also bringing along Kaprekar's Constant to play the Fringe and The Slambovians for the field with both their new albums on the wonderful  TE.

Looking forward to a fantastic Croppers 2022 and hope to see you all there.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 09:34:42 AM »

Really looking forward to Kaprekar's Constant - I hadn't discovered them when they played the last time, but have bought all their albums since and really enjoy them.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
malcolm talking elephant
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2022, 02:22:46 PM »

A great band, or should I say Collective. Have you heard the new one The Murder Wall?
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2022, 02:57:47 PM »

A great band, or should I say Collective. Have you heard the new one The Murder Wall?

I have indeed. Very good!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
kenhughes

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2022, 03:56:01 PM »

From the Marillion Newsletter: H will be guest vocalist with The Trevor Horn Band headlining Cropredy festival Thursday 11th August
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 05:17:09 PM »

I thought H was in Steps... tbh, I'd prefer him to Hogarth.  I was unimpressed by him at Cropredy.

Flobbadob!
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 05:59:29 PM »

Steve Hogarth has apologised (within about 48 hours of the event) for being over-refreshed during Marillion's 2017 appearance :

"First of all, I apologise for the language. I did wake up in the middle of the night on Saturday in a cold sweat over some of the things I’d said from the stage. You’re right - I could have done without resorting to the f word quite so much.

I live fairly local to the village of Cropredy and quite a few of my friends are farmers, so those comments were meant in fun and in their direction. I received texts later from one or two of them and they took my jibes in the spirit I had meant them"
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 06:35:08 PM »

I thought H was in Steps... tbh, I'd prefer him to Hogarth.  I was unimpressed by him at Cropredy.

Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 08:47:42 PM »

It wasn't the language. It was the whole set. Safe to say I have never been a fan of Marillion, but I wanted to give them a fair hearing. Just a case of "meh" to me.

Flobbadob!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 11:41:37 PM »

Steve Hogarth has apologised (within about 48 hours of the event) for being over-refreshed during Marillion's 2017 appearance :

"First of all, I apologise for the language. I did wake up in the middle of the night on Saturday in a cold sweat over some of the things I’d said from the stage. You’re right - I could have done without resorting to the f word quite so much.

I live fairly local to the village of Cropredy and quite a few of my friends are farmers, so those comments were meant in fun and in their direction. I received texts later from one or two of them and they took my jibes in the spirit I had meant them"
Being drunk is a great excuse, I used it once or twice myself when I did stupid things drunk, but his mean attitude, his nastiness and his continual insults directed toward Fairport and indeed Cropredy were beyond apology. IMHO.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: