TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:15:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard and Linda Box Set  (Read 106305 times)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »

I checked out Steve Hoffman's forum, and a common remark is that people are receiving 2 sets of replacement discs when they thought they had requested only one.

Good for them, but I can't help feeling that sending out all these duplicate sets is delaying my replacements.  Sad
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »

Well, well.  Santa has finally decided to brave tier 4 and deliver my replacement discs.  I hope you have got yours too, John.
samnitzberg (Sam)
no little winking doodad

Loc: Sparks, Maryland, USA

« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:16 PM »

Got my replacement discs and I didn't even request them!
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2021, 09:13:55 AM »

The amazon price for the box seems to have dropped again. About £79.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »

£69.41 this morning...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »

£69.41 this morning...

If it gets down to £50 I might even he tempted.   Cool
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2021, 12:01:06 AM »

Holy cow - my replacement discs arrived today! I requested them on (checks email) November 13.

The CD box was intact and undamaged, but the paper mailing label and insert appear to have passed through an underwater shredder. Someone at the much-maligned United States Postal Service repackaged everything in a sturdy box for the last leg of the journey to me. All's swell that ends swell.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2021, 07:43:05 AM »

The box is being re-pressed, according to the SDE website...

Flobbadob!
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2021, 01:57:45 AM »

Just picked up my copy today. I was always interested in it from the start, but hearing all the initial troubles encountered, decided to wait to see what might happen. I'm not entirely sure if I have a repressing or repurposed edition, but all I can say is so far so good. Don't know how anyone else rips CD's these days, but I use an external CD/DVD player which allows me both to rip CD's to Itunes and to play non US DVD's. I only just finished listening to Disc 2. Disc 6, 7 and 8 had some slight lags while ripping, but it will be tomorrow before I get around to playing them. This happens with other discs sometimes too, and normally there is no problem so fingers crossed.

In terms of the set itself, I'm late reporting obviously but I love the organization of tracks and the book itself, though I have only skimmed it. More than that, as many have mentioned here, the sound is superb. I'll only take one track thus far to demonstrate-the released version of Down Where The Drunkards Roll was a revelation. Felt like my first time hearing it, and the chief reason being Simon's dulcimer playing and the timbre of Trevor's voice. Unbelievably fresh sounding and I look forward to the rest of the set in the coming days.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »

More than that, as many have mentioned here, the sound is superb. I'll only take one track thus far to demonstrate-the released version of Down Where The Drunkards Roll was a revelation. Felt like my first time hearing it, and the chief reason being Simon's dulcimer playing and the timbre of Trevor's voice. Unbelievably fresh sounding and I look forward to the rest of the set in the coming days.

A good point, well made  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: