TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:44:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 189318 times)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 17th July 2018, and features music from :

Niall Kelly, Ruby & The Revelators, Judy Dyble, Jon Gomm, Megan Linford, Maria Muldaur, Andrew Duhon, Alice Milburn, Marley Blandford, Bex Marshall, Danni Nicholls, Thea Gilmore, Joan Osborne, Jo Harman, The Jigantics, All About Eve, Transatlantic, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Waterson:Carthy, Van Morrison, Dave Swarbrick, The Rolling Stones...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and online here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2020, 08:14:34 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 17th July 2018, and features music from :

Niall Kelly, Ruby & The Revelators, Judy Dyble, Jon Gomm, Megan Linford, Maria Muldaur, Andrew Duhon, Alice Milburn, Marley Blandford, Bex Marshall, Danni Nicholls, Thea Gilmore, Joan Osborne, Jo Harman, The Jigantics, All About Eve, Transatlantic, Oysterband, Le Vent Du Nord, Waterson:Carthy, Van Morrison, Dave Swarbrick, The Rolling Stones...

Right, apologies. Due to technical shenanigans, the archive show played last week is playing again now instead of the above detailed show. The above show will be played another time, apologies again to anyone listening.
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm :

Right, apologies. Due to technical shenanigans, the archive show played last week is playing again now instead of the above detailed show. The above show will be played another time, apologies again to anyone listening.

*UPDATE* Wouldn't normally triple post but technical gremlins now resolved and this week's show is on air right now 'til 11pm !

(last week's show was played 7-9pm, so there's  double bill of Scattering The Roots tonight !)
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »

After watching the CCC Fest last weekend I showed my support for some of the artists by buying a few cds and downloads so there are tracks by them on this show. Also one by Martin Stephenson who is recovering from an accident involving a lawnmower which resulted in him nearly losing part of a finger. I think it's his right hand rather than left but pretty nasty all the same.

Jenn & Laura-Beth, Lukas Drinkwater, Gilmore & Roberts, James J Turner, Katie Spencer, Findlay Napier, Gigspanner Big Band, Luke Jackson, Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar, Martin Stephenson, Graham MacKenzie and The Stranglers.

Listen to the show at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-15-may-2020/

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »

After watching the CCC Fest last weekend I showed my support for some of the artists by buying a few cds and downloads so there are tracks by them on this show. Also one by Martin Stephenson who is recovering from an accident involving a lawnmower which resulted in him nearly losing part of a finger. I think it's his right hand rather than left but pretty nasty all the same.

Jenn & Laura-Beth, Lukas Drinkwater, Gilmore & Roberts, James J Turner, Katie Spencer, Findlay Napier, Gigspanner Big Band, Luke Jackson, Greg Russell & Ciaran Algar, Martin Stephenson, Graham MacKenzie and The Stranglers.

Listen to the show at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-15-may-2020/

Martin Stephenson is continuing to play without his damaged finger, last week on his live facebook stream he played a snipped of "I fought the lawn (and the lawn won)" which was pretty funny.
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's expedition into the Scattering The Roots vault takes you back to 29th May 2018, and features music from :

Bruce Springsteen, Jackson C Frank, Fairport Convention, Rory Gallagher, Jo Harman, Adrian Duffy & The Mayo Bros., Dar Williams, Dodson & Fogg, American Scarecrows, Dawn & Hawkes, Dean Fields, Derek Webb, Carl Anderson, Naomi Bedford, Eden The Cat, Jake Vroon, Holly Arrowsmith, Heather Maloney, Dottie Scharr, Eleanor, Dustin Ransom, Marillion, Steve Howe, Led Zeppelin...

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots archives goes back to 4th September 2018 and features music from :

Shawn Colvin, Bonnie Raitt, Levon Helm, Martyn Joseph, Heather Maloney, Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Hedy West, Ade Cull, Mondegreen, Chris Thomas, Dick Van Altena, Leif De Leeuw, Eliza Carthy & Norma Waterson, Will Pound, Beth Bombara, John Baumann, Yes, Richard Thompson, Dire Straits, Rolling Stones, Dave Swarbrick...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2020, 07:59:19 PM »

A break from the folk music etc this week. Here's a jazz mix if anyone's interested with tracks by...

Horace Silver, Cannonball Adderley, Kenny Burrell, Dave Milligan, Scottish Guitar Quartet, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Abdullah Ibrahim, Robert Glasper, Thelonius Monk, Malcolm Strachan and The Colin Steele Quintet.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/jazz-mix-for-john/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »

Last night's visit to the Scattering The Roots archive went back to 18th September 2018, and featured music from :

Tori Amos, Rickie Lee Jones, Lucy Ward, Steve Lawson, Bob Dylan, The Band, Fleetwood Cave, The Albion Band, Michelle Lewis, Bob Mould, Small Faces, Jeff Buckley, David Olney, Vanessa Peters, Greyhound, The Weight Band, Me For Queen, Simon Lynge, Andrea Glass, Thea Gilmore, Beach Boys, Jackson C Frank...

Listen again (or for the first time) here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-18-09-18/
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

Latest show kicks off with a track from Shuffle and Go followed by...

Sandie Shaw, The Imagined Village, KT Tunstall, King Creosote, Honey and the Bear, Findlay Napier, Katherine Priddy, Broken Boat, The Jellyman's Daughter, Katie Spencer, Kim Edgar, Bob Dylan, Richard Thompson and Kyrie Slind.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-5-june-2020/

garrypbrooks

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »

During lockdown I've really enjoyed listening to Mark Radcliffe every week (on iPlayer, now his show is stuck at 11PM). Really good to hear McGoldrick, McCusker & Doyle, SiobhanMiller & Stornoway ( I'm looking forward to the release of their live album) - I've seen them all at various festivals, wish I could see any of them this summer!
Great tribute song to Stan Rogers by Eric Bogle, surprised I haven't heard it before.

I find Mike R quite cheering company in these strange times. Does something YouTube videos can't give me.
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2020, 05:18:19 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm :

This week's expedition to the Scattering The Roots vault goes back to October 2nd 2018 and features music from :

Show Of Hands, Leo Kottke, George Harrison, Lonnie Mack, Maria Muldaur, Lyle Lovett, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Laura Cantrell, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Tracy Chapman, Led Zeppelin, Lee Clayton, Anna Laube, Simon & Garfunkel, Adrian Nation, Crosby Stills & Nash, Austin Manuel, Chas & Dave...

Listen on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2020, 09:42:57 AM »

A couple of acoustic tracks from Led Zep III at the end of this week's show plus...

The Waterboys, Roving Crows, Oysterband, Will Pound, Trail West, Carly Dow, Curtis Eller, Kris Kristofferson, Steeleye Span, Gigspanner Big Band and Kate Rusby.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-12-june-2020/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »

This week's trawl through the Scattering The Roots vault goes back to April 3rd 2018, and features music from :

Jo Harman, Bob Dylan, Boss Caine (feat. Edwina Hayes), Teenage Fanclub, Sofia Talvik, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Nick Cave & PJ Harvey, Chris Ronald, Dan Russell, Patti Rothberg, Son Little, SYML, Amor, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, Queen, Rita Hosking, Karine Polwart, Marshall McLean Band, Cameron Brooks, Lisa Redford, Heather Maloney...

Listen tonight 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »

This week's show is a mixed bag of various mainly acoustic tracks by the following...

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, Karine Polwart, Martin Stephenson & The Daintees, Mariearad & Anna, Jake Shimabukuro, Paddy Garrigan & The Stroller Priests, The Proclaimers, Del Amitri, Paul McCartney, America,
Amanda Palmer, Queen, Pete Townshend and Jane's Addiction.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-19-june-2020/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2020, 11:39:07 AM »

This week's adventure into the Scattering The Roots treasure chest goes back to 31st July 2018 and features music from :

Peter Mulvey, Sonny Landreth, Patti Rothberg, Lisbee Stainton, Pierce Edens, Thomas LaVine, Scott H Biram, EJ Ouellette, Jackie Greene, TM Schiller, Martin Aelred Colgan, Alexander Wren, Paul Handyside, Anchor & Bell, Oh Susanna, Dear Fellow, Nick Primuth, Lori McKenna, Dougie MacLean, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Jon Anderson, Rachel Yamagata, Medicine Man...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm, on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on t'internet here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

A mix featuring mostly North American artists this week...

Neil Young, Stephen Fearing, Sarah Jarosz, Sam Amidon, The Delmore Brothers, George Harrison, I'm With Her, The Jellyman's Daughter, Tom Waits, Birds of Chicago, Our Native Daughters, Carolina Chocolate Drops and Rhiannon Giddens.

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/otbt-mix-26-june/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2020, 04:52:52 PM »

Tonight 7pm 'til 9pm :

Scattering The Roots goes on a trawl through the archives back to 7th July 2018, and features music from :

Ian McNabb, Robert Vincent, Peter Bruntnell, Mike Scott, Sean Taylor, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Frazey Ford, Wood Wire & Words, Hip Hatchet, The Grahams, Gordie Tentrees, Simon Murphy, Kristen Graves, Kathleen Murray, James Warren, Jess Lambert, Chantel McGregor, John Verity, India Electric Co., Winter Wilson, Mary Jane...

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »

A blues show for a change with the following on the playlist...

John Renbourn & Wizz Jones, Ralph McTell & Wizz Jones, Michael Roach, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Big Bill Broonzy, Keb Mo, Hat Fitz & Cara Robinson, Michael Chapman, Jimi Hendrix, Little Whitt & Big Bo, Janis Joplin, Blind Boys of Alabama, Buddy Guy & Junior Wells, Eric Bibb, The Robert Cray Band and Fleetwood Mac

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/otbt-blues-show-3-july-2020/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2020, 05:04:05 PM »

Tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm

Scattering The Roots takes its weekly voyage through the archives going back to 14th August 2018, featuring music from :

Boss Caine, Nick Harper, Luke Winslow-King, Richard Thompson, Ozric Tentacles, Bob Dylan, Pleasantville, Rory Block, Cole, Bryony Griffith, Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, BR Lively, Mean Mary, Marla & David Celia, Alan Bonner, Dirk Schwenk, Tupelo feat. Sharon Shannon, The Beach Boys, The Kinks, Nick Drake, Hadley McCall Thackston, Andy Irvine & Luke Plumb, Penny & Sparrow, The Punch Brothers...

Listen tonight, 7pm 'til 9pm on 93.7 Express FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: