TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Folk music on the radio?  (Read 189259 times)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« on: January 15, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a tantalising selection of folk, roots, blues,etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

King Crimson, Jon Amor, Richard & Linda Thompson, Paul Brady, Rory Gallagher, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Joni Mitchell, Elvis Costello, Jo Harman, Laura Cantrell, Gordie Tentrees & Jaxon Haldane, Matt Tipton, Rob Heron & The Teapad Orchestra, Jess Klein, Joy Williams, Helen Rose, Daniel Kirkpatrick & The Bayonets, Thea Gilmore, and an uninterrupted tribute to late Southsea-based singer/songwriter Ade Cull...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'internet here :

www.expressfm.com/programmes/scattering-the-roots/
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 05:16:45 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a lip-smacking smorgasbord of folk, roots, blues,etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Boss Caine, Blair Dunlop, Bob Dylan, Elles Bailey, Nick Harper, Robert Vincent, Indigo Girls, The Band, KT Tunstall, Fairport Convention, Michael Weston King, Cara Dillon, Dougie MacLean, Devon Sproule, Danni Nicholls, Tomberlin, Ruby Boots, Steve Howe, Dan Raza, Ashley Hutchings (feat. Polly Bolton), Madeleine Peyroux, Oysterband...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a soothing and warming selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

The Imagined Village, Beth Hart, Laura Marling, False Lights, Show Of Hands, Old Crow Medicine Show, Bob Dylan, Pentangle, Leo Kottke, Canned Heat, Martin Simpson, Abi Moore, Arts Fishing Club, Alice Milburn, Garron Frith, Mortal Tides, Jack Van Cleaf, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Eddi Reader, John Martyn, Richard Thompson...

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a cunningly blended assortment of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Danny Gatton, Trad. Arrr., Otis Gibbs, The Band, Mike Scott, Bert Jansch, Little Feat, John Hiatt, Julian Dawson, Dean Maywood, The Furrow Collective, Tamsin Quin, Terry Allen, Scarlet Town, Niall Kelly, Heather Maloney, Gortvale Rock, The Secret Sisters, Andrea Glass, Crowded House, Roman Paris, Pleasantville...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a most triumphant selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Peter Bruntnell, Jo Harman, Bob Dylan, Kacy & Clayton, Slaid Cleaves, Gordon Giltrap (feat., Midge Ure, Brian May, Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman & Neil Murray), Father John Misty, Caleb Trask, Jigantics, Ed Dupas, American Aquarium, Have Gun Will Travel, Maria Elena Little, The Stray Birds, Plainsong, Tatiana Moroz, Tyler Stenson, Rod Melancon, Wild Ponies, El Morgan & The Divers, Jacob Everett Wallace, The Lake Poets...

Listen on 93.7 FM, DAB and on t'internet here :

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 02:06:14 PM »

I just noticed, for anyone who is really keen, that an Oysterband live session from 1990 is being re-broadcast on BBC 6 Music between 2am & 3am on Saturday morning. Available of course on the BBC Sounds app afterwards.
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a smooth and creamy blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Rory Gallagher, Lau, Shooglenifty, Show Of Hands, Marillion, ZZ Top, The Be Good Tanyas, Mawkin : Causley, Melissa Etheridge, The Rolling Stones, The Allman Brothers Band, The Levellers, Leo Kottke, Black Sabbath, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Steve Earle & The Del McRoury Band, Gretchen Peters, Eric Bibb, Karen Dalton, Jaco Pastorius, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and online here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, a lovingly-curated blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Nick Drake, Jackie Leven, Bob Dylan, kd lang, Danni Nicholls, Chris While & Julie Matthews, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, The Albion Band, Kate Rusby, Richard & Linda Thompson, The Lovemongers, Ben Bedford, Kate Fenner, Malford Milligan, Sam Lewis, Sean McConnell, Suzanne Jarvie, Sandy Denny, Gwyneth Herbert, Eclection, The Holmes Brothers, Winter Wilson...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the worldwide interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 06:14:44 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a measured dose of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jethro Tull, Johnny Cash, Hometown Show, Bonnie Raitt, Robert Johnson, Leonard Cohen, The Incredible String Band, The Full English, Teed Up, The Mediaeval Baebes, Danni Nicholls, Tamsin Quin, The James Gang, The Old Part Of Town, Fleetwood Mac, Paul Simon, Robert Plant, Colvin Quarmby, Hedy West, Swarb's Lazarus...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a lean 'n mean selection of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Jackson Browne, Otis Gibbs, Levellers, Jon Gomm, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos, Damien Dempsey, Norma Waterson, Judy Dyble, Blair Dunlop & Larkin Poe, Wood Wire & Words, Fotheringay, Thea Gilmore, Chris & Kellie While, Betty Soo & Doug Cox, Andy White, Bad Influence, The Rutles, Richard Thompson & Danny Thompson, Andrew Duhon...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the world-wide web here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a marvellous mixture of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Frank Turner, Chris Smither, Jinder, Patti Rothberg, Amelia White, Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, Good Old War, The Paper Trains, Rebecca Pronsky, Ron Trueman-Border, The Riverside, Kai Strauss, Cris Jacobs, Austin Basham, Track Dogs, Lucy Zirins, Tim McNary, Lumberjack, Country Parish Music, Joe Marson, John Mark Nelson, Jess Lambert, Hurray For The Riff Raff...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »

I'll be hosting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, a refreshing conglomeration of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Eric Bibb, Robert Plant, Pentangle, Teddy Thompson, Indigo Girls, The Paper Trains, The Proclaimers, The Puss Puss Band, Tim Isberg, Ed Dupas, Malcolm Holcombe, Garron Frith, John Jenkins, Bob Dylan, Pearl Charles, Scott Matthews, People Like Trees, Hayley Reardon, Jane Kramer, Jason Grillo, Ellen Thweatt, Ben Rogers, Langhorne Slim & The Law...

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 08:30:55 AM »

Just a timely reminder, ladies and gentlemen, that you can listen to repeats of Scattering The Roots here :

www.mixcloud.com/danogus1

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 05:49:25 PM »

This week's edition of Scattering The Roots commemorates the 70th birthday (April 3rd) of guitar maestro and singer/songwriter Richard Thompson.

Featuring just under 2 hours of prime Richard Thompson, from his 1972 solo debut Henry The Human Fly right up to his 2018 album 13 Rivers, stopping at several points on the journey.

Listen tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »

I'm going to be contributing shows to a new internet radio station based here in Lancaster. My shows will be going out on Sundays at 6pm but a test broadcast of my first show is going out just now on http://gingerfeatherfm.listen2myshow.com/

Playlist on the blog - https://colinbertram.blogspot.com/2019/04/off-beaten-tracks-on-ginger-feather-fm.html

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »

This week's edition of Scattering The Roots commemorates the 70th birthday (April 3rd) of guitar maestro and singer/songwriter Richard Thompson.

Featuring just under 2 hours of prime Richard Thompson, from his 1972 solo debut Henry The Human Fly right up to his 2018 album 13 Rivers, stopping at several points on the journey.

Listen tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on the interweb here :

Time to blow the (rather small) trumpet :

Scattering The Roots Richard Thompson Special is now 25th in the Mixcloud Folk Chart, and 17th in the Mixcloud Blues Chart.

The high placing in the Mixcloud Blues Chart I find particularly fascinating as Richard Thompson's guitar style, like Brian May's, owes very little to blues, unlike, for example Messrs. Beck, Clapton and Page.

Still, mustn't grumble, just an observation.

Thanks to everyone who's listened so far, have a listen here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-richard-thompson-special-02-04-19/
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 11:18:41 AM »

My first show went out yesterday evening and I realised listening to it that I need something better than my old Shure mic plugged straight into my laptop to record the links. So I've just sent off for a new mic and USB audio interface. If you want to hear the show it's on Mixcloud and features the likes of...

Will Pound, Richard Thompson, Jez Lowe, Megson, Stuart Anthony, Karine Polwart, Lau, Gilmore & Roberts, Hannah Saunders & Ben Savage, Mikey Kenney, Peter Knight & John Spiers, John Renbourn, Salt House, Flossie Mallavialle and others

https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/off-the-beaten-tracks-5-april-2019/

Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 02:21:50 PM »

Time to blow the (rather small) trumpet :

Scattering The Roots Richard Thompson Special is now 25th in the Mixcloud Folk Chart, and 17th in the Mixcloud Blues Chart.

The high placing in the Mixcloud Blues Chart I find particularly fascinating as Richard Thompson's guitar style, like Brian May's, owes very little to blues, unlike, for example Messrs. Beck, Clapton and Page.

Still, mustn't grumble, just an observation.

Thanks to everyone who's listened so far, have a listen here :

www.mixcloud.com/DanOgus1/scattering-the-roots-richard-thompson-special-02-04-19/

I did promise not to clog up your timelines with this show again, unless it went Top 5...*

Well, I'm pleased to announce that Scattering The Roots Richard Thompson Special has risen to 4th place in the Mixcloud Blues Chart !

Again, I'd question how it's trending in a Blues chart as (to my ears anyway), there's relatively little Blues in Richard's guitar playing...

However, mustn't grumble, it's one below Bronze, and that'll do nicely, thank you !

Thanks very much to everyone who's listened so far, listen again (or immerse yourself for the first time) here :

* will definitely not be sharing again unless it goes Top 3 !
Dan O.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »

I'll be presenting Scattering The Roots tonight, 10pm 'til Midnight, an enthralling blend of folk, roots, blues, etc...plenty of etc...hear the following artists :

Travelling Wilburys, Bryan Ferry, Blair Dunlop, Marion Fleetwood, Chantel McGregor, Sonny Landreth, Dave Swarbrick, Birds Of Chicago, Simon & Garfunkel, Rolling Stones, Kiki Dee, Iota, Carrie Tree, Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Ruby & The Revelators, The Transports, Pilgrims' Way, Gordon Giltrap...

Listen on 93.7 FM, on DAB and on t'internet here :

ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 12:46:15 PM »

This evening at 6pm I'll be playing a selection of mainly American artists including...

Hayseed Dixie, Indigo Girls, Tumbling Bones, The High Bar Gang, Rosanne Cash, Melissa Greener, Rita Hosking, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Birds of Chicago, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ted Hawkins and Screamin' Jay Hawkins plus a couple by Lancaster's The Broken-Hearted Few.

Listen online at http://gingerfeatherfm.listen2myshow.com/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: