TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:47:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Fairport CD  (Read 181939 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #340 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »

like button

David H
n3wb

« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2017, 06:07:53 PM »

I think it is quite funny that on a board dedicated to Fairport Convention it isn't possible to just say "Hey, I like the new album" without being called to order. Rays of sunshine indeed ; - )

There is a kind of low grumbling tone about some of the posts here.  All I'll add is that my 24 year old son, who is largely immune  (and often downright hostile) to Fairport has been regularly playing 50:50 in our kitchen, with a slightly embarrassed 'actually, I quite this....for Fairport.'
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »

I think it is quite funny that on a board dedicated to Fairport Convention it isn't possible to just say "Hey, I like the new album" without being called to order. Rays of sunshine indeed ; - )

There is a kind of low grumbling tone about some of the posts here.  All I'll add is that my 24 year old son, who is largely immune  (and often downright hostile) to Fairport has been regularly playing 50:50 in our kitchen, with a slightly embarrassed 'actually, I quite this....for Fairport.'

I am also David H!!!!!! Hello!
Play him the original Sailors Life, just for me and see how he reacts.
If he hates it.........
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »

I finally got round to buying this, though nearly didn't following all the negative comments on here. I'm glad I did as I really enjoyed it. All the live tracks are good and apart from "Devil's Work" I like all the new tracks.

All in all a good album.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....
David H
n3wb

« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »

I am also David H!!!!!! Hello!
If he hates it.........

I will do that.  'Unhalfbricking' will always be my favourite Fairport album - and 'Sailor's Life' a revelation at the time and still a monumental piece of work.  Ditto 'Percy's Song.'  
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »

Good call. If he can sit through that, he can make it through pretty much anything...  Roll Eyes

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:03 PM »

Good call. If he can sit through that, he can make it through pretty much anything...  Roll Eyes

Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Wink
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: