TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
January 18, 2021, 04:03:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening to.......  (Read 294312 times)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #2440 on: January 16, 2021, 10:55:25 PM »

To be followed by a lot of Immaculate Fools, courtesy of the new Cherry Red boxed set of their complete studio albums plus a newly compiled live disc. I loved their first two albums back in my college days but lost touch after that.

I wonder - did they ever stop sounding like Psychedelic Furs?

Jules

I can probably answer your question now. I had only ever previously heard the first two albums. Assuming there is a Furs resemblance therein, the sound changes thereafter. The third album is slick mid 80s jangle pop akin to something like Cutting Crew. The fourth album tilts toward Waterboys territory. That is as far as I have got as yet.

I did not realize until reading the band's website that Kevin Weatherall is now in his mid 70s so was a good deal older than his mid 80s contemporaries.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #2441 on: Yesterday at 11:22:12 AM »

Alan Price - Between Today and Yesterday.  Superb.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #2442 on: Yesterday at 06:32:55 PM »

Probably one of the strangest CD’s in my collection-That’s All Folks! Cartoon Songs From Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes. It is actually very well collated, with a wonderful booklet about the people who created them. Like any good musical comedy, the music has to be ‘sold’ and be authentic, so the orchestras and singers involved were really quite talented. There are snippets of some of the great standards here and there like Java Jive and I love to singa...by ‘Owl Jolson’ !  Cheesy

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #2443 on: Yesterday at 06:59:41 PM »

Probably one of the strangest CD’s in my collection-That’s All Folks! Cartoon Songs From Merrie Melodies & Looney Tunes. It is actually very well collated, with a wonderful booklet about the people who created them. Like any good musical comedy, the music has to be ‘sold’ and be authentic, so the orchestras and singers involved were really quite talented. There are snippets of some of the great standards here and there like Java Jive and I love to singa...by ‘Owl Jolson’ !  Cheesy

The singing frog has to be in there!

The Dude abides
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: