TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 19, 2019, 08:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youtube (music) clips of interest  (Read 139444 times)
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #620 on: July 31, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »

Jim said what I didn't want to. There's something very uncomfortable about it to me. I Googled some other links about her, and i just wonder who the real prog fanatic is/are, and I'm guessing there's an overzealous parent  somewhere in the mix.

I think you're right - I thought she made a fairly decent stab at it, given her age, (although I can't see myself buying the album!) but it's hard to imagine that she chose it herself. I suppose a lot of child performers have a pushy parent in the background, especially if they are doing something a bit age-inappropriate.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #621 on: July 31, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »

Jim said what I didn't want to. There's something very uncomfortable about it to me. I Googled some other links about her, and i just wonder who the real prog fanatic is/are, and I'm guessing there's an overzealous parent  somewhere in the mix.

I think you're right - I thought she made a fairly decent stab at it, given her age, (although I can't see myself buying the album!) but it's hard to imagine that she chose it herself. I suppose a lot of child performers have a pushy parent in the background, especially if they are doing something a bit age-inappropriate.
I used to be friends with someone who had a very young toddler who could and did sing Yes songs, word and tune perfect. To hear "And You and I" being sung by a 22 month old is something else....

Confusion will be my epitaph
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: