TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 24, 2019, 03:58:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 427677 times)
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #2480 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »

John Jones and the Reluctant Ramblers in Threlkeld on 27th and 28th September, first night is half gig half ceilidh, second night is a seated gig. I have 2 tickets for both nights, but can no longer attend. Happy to give them to anyone who could use them.

Solihull to Threlkeld is a bit of a slog!!!

Bus times are a bit tricky too  Smiley
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2481 on: July 31, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »

Just announced - Mott the Hoople '74 at the Moody Theater at ACL Live, Austin, this fall!

I am woefully unfamiliar with all things Mott, other than ATYD. I must buy tickets to this show and then take a crash course.

You'll enjoy it I think, John.  Mott are and always were a great live band,. But you may need ear protection - they're also very loud.  
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2482 on: July 31, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »

Just announced - Mott the Hoople '74 at the Moody Theater at ACL Live, Austin, this fall!

I am woefully unfamiliar with all things Mott, other than ATYD. I must buy tickets to this show and then take a crash course.

You'll enjoy it I think, John.  Mott are and always were a great live band,. But you may need ear protection - they're also very loud.  

Booked  Smiley
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #2483 on: July 31, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »

Less so these days. I didn't need my acoustic earplugs at the London show, though a couple of Ian's solo shows some years ago were the reason I need them in the first place!  Grin
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2484 on: August 01, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »

Less so these days. I didn't need my acoustic earplugs at the London show, though a couple of Ian's solo shows some years ago were the reason I need them in the first place!  Grin

Grin Smiley
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #2485 on: August 02, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »

Off to see The Connor Selby Band tonight. As they were one of the support acts at the recent Who gigs I am expecting something good.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #2486 on: August 06, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »

RT at Gawsworth Hall tonight.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #2487 on: Yesterday at 03:29:12 PM »

Doing front-of-house duties next Friday 30 August at Witham Public Hall for Marty Wilde and the Wildcats  Shocked Apart from Petula Clark, Li’l Jimmy Reed and BB King, I think this will make him the next oldest artist I’ve seen perform live  Shocked

Born to Run (but not very fast)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2488 on: Yesterday at 05:03:44 PM »

Mr. Cool himself, Bryan Ferry, tonight at the Moody Theater at ACL Live in sweltering downtown Austin, Texas!

First gig in awhile, unusually for me.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: