TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:34:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RT 'Electric' tour dates 2013  (Read 63372 times)
Neil
About to blow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Oregon

« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2013, 03:05:11 AM »

Hey all,

This is a longshot as I know there aren't too many members in this neck of the woods, but is anyone catching the RT Trio on May 7th in Solana Beach, California?

None of my friends have heard of him so I couldn't get anyone to tag along  Undecided It would be great to meet up with someone from this community though.

sorry but come to Portland and I can help.

Neil

Things change all the time, and they'll probably never be the same again. It's just the natural evolution of the human condition. Guy Clark
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Probably bad form to quote yourself
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »

Hey all,

This is a longshot as I know there aren't too many members in this neck of the woods, but is anyone catching the RT Trio on May 7th in Solana Beach, California?

None of my friends have heard of him so I couldn't get anyone to tag along  Undecided It would be great to meet up with someone from this community though.

Neil

We are hoping to get to the Portland gig unless by some miracle a Vancouver show is announced..

Thank Drunk I'm God
Neil
About to blow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Oregon

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

Hey all,

Neil

We are hoping to get to the Portland gig unless by some miracle a Vancouver show is announced..

Get there early the Aladdin is general admission although there are no bad seats really, maybe we can say hi if you make it.

Neil

Things change all the time, and they'll probably never be the same again. It's just the natural evolution of the human condition. Guy Clark
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »

Will let you know if we are going to make the trip..

Thank Drunk I'm God
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

Will let you know if we are going to make the trip..

Phew - newsletter from Beesweb says date in Vancouver to come!  We love Portland, but if we can avoid a trip to see RT so much the better, especially as we will be in Portland for the Rose Festival in June..

Thank Drunk I'm God
Eugene K

Loc: Los Angeles

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

Thinking about attending two shows from this tour.  I looked at setlists from recent tours...the set doesn't seem to vary much, night to night, aside from the encores (improvisation aside.)  Would you guys recommend going to two shows or would I be all right with one?

Thinking your mind was my own in a dream
What would you wonder and how would it seem?
Living in castles a bit at a time
The King started laughing and talking in rhyme.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2013, 12:05:04 AM »

Thinking about attending two shows from this tour.  I looked at setlists from recent tours...the set doesn't seem to vary much, night to night, aside from the encores (improvisation aside.)  Would you guys recommend going to two shows or would I be all right with one?

I'd take in two shows if it made sense geographically.  Even when the setlist is the same, he never does anything the same way twice.
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »

RT Trio in fine form on Saturday evening.  The setlist was much the same as the UK tour, but with no Sidney Wells: SoTL and Wall of Death instead.  Acoustic encore was Beat the Retreat and Beeswing.  Much of the new material worked much better live, although I am not too sure about Salford Sunday.  RT was in stellar form with several epic solos, especially in Can't Win.  The band are really excellent too, with some monster bass and drum work.  

Higlights for me were Can't Win, Easy There, SoTL and a truly epic If Love Whispers..

Nice to see a sold out show with minimal advertising, band on at 7.30 and we were out by 9.40!

Thank Drunk I'm God
Eugene K

Loc: Los Angeles

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »

Saw the band on 5/17 - what a fantastic show!  This was my first time (properly) seeing RT live. Everyone was in top form; I found myself smiling throughout the show from sheer joy over Richard's playing.  The rhythm section was incredible, I particularly loved Taras' playing and backup harmonies. I hope Richard sticks with these guys for a while, if possible.

About half of the set was new material, but they put on such a great show that I didn't mind not hearing all of the "classics."  Highlights were Can't Win, If Love Whispers Your Name, Wall of Death, Stuck on the Treadmill, I Misunderstood and Tear Stained Letter.

Thinking your mind was my own in a dream
What would you wonder and how would it seem?
Living in castles a bit at a time
The King started laughing and talking in rhyme.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: