TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:17:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McChatter  (Read 273953 times)
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:08 AM »

An interesting little interview here.

Hope the lost guitar isn't Miss G, Shocked  and that whichever it is, it's turned up by now!

Naomi

Hmmm...I'm suspicious...lost guitar in Denmark?! Have they searched Henrik's place?!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
tryer

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »

Hello all I found a couple of photographs of Ralph I hadn't seen before http://[code]http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-07/fatboy-slim-and-the-acts-that-rocked-the-houses-of-parliament[/code] follow the story down and there is Ralph! Smiley
Henrik
I live in the wrong place - BEEEP !
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark

Oh, hands of Ralph - how you can play !

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

Hello all I found a couple of photographs of Ralph I hadn't seen before http://[code]http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-07/fatboy-slim-and-the-acts-that-rocked-the-houses-of-parliament[/code] follow the story down and there is Ralph! Smiley

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-07/fatboy-slim-and-the-acts-that-rocked-the-houses-of-parliament

Thanks, Tryer - I remember that one.

I act. have that BBC-R2 broadcast somewhere, if anyone is interested?

Don't know when we'll meet again ...
All I know is .... that we will.
tryer

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »

Thanks for correcting the link Henrik, I am still finding my way here  Embarrassed
Henrik
I live in the wrong place - BEEEP !
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark

Oh, hands of Ralph - how you can play !

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »

Thanks for correcting the link Henrik, I am still finding my way here  Embarrassed

OK, you can just use the link button above the editing area (the globe)
to generate the html-code, and then add or paste your link between
the two sections of code.

Don't know when we'll meet again ...
All I know is .... that we will.
tryer

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »

I thought someone should post? its been a month! I feel an artist of Mr Mctells stature deserves better? I wonder has everyone migrated to FB or twiterville if so can I join? judging from earlier posts, I feel I may come in for a bit of stick? as I haven't posted myself or even suggested a topic......in my defence I would point out I am new here? I certainly have no intention of criticizing, just wondered why no posts?  Sad Cry Embarrassed Shocked
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »

I thought someone should post? its been a month! I feel an artist of Mr Mctells stature deserves better? I wonder has everyone migrated to FB or twiterville if so can I join? judging from earlier posts, I feel I may come in for a bit of stick? as I haven't posted myself or even suggested a topic......in my defence I would point out I am new here? I certainly have no intention of criticizing, just wondered why no posts? 

Hello tryer

Thanks so much for waking us up. Usually, as Ralph is a solo artist and performer, conversation gets going once he tours, mostly in the Autumn these days. Most of us keep our eye on Ralph's website (Leola) for any latest news and of course 'Ralph, Albert and Sydney' website is uptodate for info too. (There are others out there as well).

We would love to be able to address you by your first name as you can see most of us get to know each other that way which makes us feel part of the McTell family.

In my defence ...I have been away for 5 half weeks touring NZ so maybe that's why its quiet!!! hehe  Lips Sealed Roll Eyes Grin

My own personal Ralph 'fix' has been the many hours of listening via mp3 player whilst on 24 hour flights and most recently I've updated my playlists on Media player to include the wonderful songs 'Jersey Ferry' and 'Cannabis Creek'

Naomi is good at scouring the Ralph news and reviews but as I say think that will happen later on in the year. I also wish others, who listen to McTell would join in at times, it does seem to be a 'seperate' part of the music chat on here but maybe as a solo performer, not doing festivals he gets overlooked.

Meanwhile the Mansions are still open for visitors and we're so glad you called by.... Wink

Joanna (JJ)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:33:41 PM by John Beresford » Logged

John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Manchester, UK

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »

I look out for news of Ralph's releases and gigs, and post as soon as I get any, and I respond to any comments or questions I feel I can contribute to.

Tryer, there is a Ralph McTell Appreciation Facebook group, and Ralph has a Twitter account. Of course you can join in there too!

John B

Eternity lies waiting where imagination and reality collide.
CarlWoodb

Loc: North East Wales

A noisy noise annoys an oyster

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

In this quiet spell we've been appreciating other artistes.  Fairport and a very close encounter with the Carnival Band.  On the listening front I am immensely grateful to Mr McT for Sofa Noodling, not only does it show his exceptional talent but with the cd player on timer its brilliant for falling to sleep to.

How lucky can you get, growing old(er) with Naomi
tryer

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »

Well I thank you all for responding I know of the other sites, and certainly other Artists! As for Sofa noodling I couldn't agree more on both counts. Smiley
CarlWoodb

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »

I've just noticed that sofa noodling was this week's featured album on Colin Bertram's Internet radio show (as featured on Talkawhile)

http://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/the-folk-and-acoustic-music-show-27/

tryer

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25:17 AM »

I wonder if people shy of posting thinking comment unworthy? just to whet appetites, I see Ralph will be at the Barnfield in exeter October? too soon for a date of course but like spring arriving it raised my spirits!  
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »

From the rolling road to the winding lane, from field to factory, from the Pennines to the sea... Play 'England' on St George's Day!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:20:37 AM by John Beresford » Logged

John B

CarlWoodb

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »

Thanks for the reminder John.  I've played all 3 versions on RAS and we had it on in the car earlier on mp3.  We took daughter back to uni from N Wales to York.  I was surprised (and a little disappointed) to see so few St George's crosses about.  - Ok so you can't get a close view of many houses from the M62 but you pass quite a lot.  There were loads of red dragons and St David's crosses around here on March 1st. Come on England have some pride.

With the weather we've had I think St George's day had far more daffodils than St David's day

JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »

Just playing the version to be found on...

'At the end of a perfect day'!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Earlier played a live version I had on mp3.  Grin

JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »

I have a dream.... that others (outside of the usual suspects!  Roll Eyes) on TAW will listen to the latest Ralph Youtube interview and step foot inside McMansions, comment and join in, give their views and generally blow away the cobwebs!  Roll Eyes Wink

Looking forward to it!  Grin  I'm halfway through the 2 hours at the moment. Every time I see Ralph play 'Hands of Joseph' I am blown away, it's different every time.

Click to view...

Artist Biography Project - An Evening with Ralph McTell
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:14:14 AM by John Beresford » Logged

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »

I have a dream.... that others (outside of the usual suspects!  Roll Eyes) on TAW will listen to the latest Ralph Youtube interview and step foot inside McMansions, comment and join in, give their views and generally blow away the cobwebs!  Roll Eyes Wink

Looking forward to it!  Grin  I'm halfway through the 2 hours at the moment. Every time I see Ralph play 'Hands of Joseph' I am blown away, it's different every time.

Click to view...

Artist Biography Project - An Evening with Ralph McTell

Will try to check it out

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »

Over the years there has been some criticism bemoaning Ralph's management's communications shortcomings. There is nothing new in this. And the truth is, it's all true. I have learned to accept it and just get on with ploughing my own little furrow and sowing such seed as comes my way. I do occasionally hear from Leola, and pass on what I may; but in the main it's the eagle-eyed web watchers who frequent this mansion and another place who alert the world to all things McTell. To whom 'thanks, and please carry on'. Through sharing what you glean you become my friends, and I look forward to meeting some of you when the tour comes around.

John B

RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »

Ooh, sorry I missed this posting earlier. Note to sef-find two hour block of time to watch this! Thanks for the heads up everyone.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

I'm guessing most of you will know of this.  If you don't, do make sure you get it...it's essential reading.

http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=40920.0#new

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: