TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WKWTTG single  (Read 36813 times)
Staffan
Swedes stun easily
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Skärhamn, Sweden

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »

I want to download it but since I´m a luddite - I would have preferred a CD with a proper cover- and I´m not used to downloading, I´m a bit worried aboit these last posts. Hasn´t anyone got it down yet? Which source is the most reliable? And foremost: to get Fairport into the download chart ,  can I use any source?
Staffan
Grumpy Old Man

" -Just a roll, just a roll..."

" -I was 16 now and full of life..."
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

officially an old bat.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »

I want to download it but since I´m a luddite - I would have preferred a CD with a proper cover- and I´m not used to downloading, I´m a bit worried aboit these last posts. Hasn´t anyone got it down yet? Which source is the most reliable? And foremost: to get Fairport into the download chart ,  can I use any source?
Staffan
Grumpy Old Man

As far as I know only certain places count towards the charts and the reason for the pre-orders is so that when the item is released all those pre-orders combine with the sales of the week and hopefully you will have sold more than any one else in that week. It is the weekly sales that determine the chart position. As far as I know..., but I could be completely wrong Roll Eyes

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
Sam
Bonjela and tonic please.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Welshie West Wales

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »

I have written them a very arsey mail and told them to come on here and see how many annoyed people there are Angry

Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.

Arundhati Roy
Bryan

Loc: Caterham, Surrey

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »

Hi Staffan

Staffan
Grumpy Old Man

I'm also a grumpy old man, but I treated it in the sprit I think was meant as a challange and have successfully dowloaded it from HMV.com. It was far from easy for a luddite to manage but I got there in the end. I had to go back to Internet Explorer as they couldn't cope with Firefox  Angry Knowing it was going to take me a while I registered a few weeks ago and as bonus I bought a trial track " If I had a Ribbon Bow" with lovely Jude singing, somehow I had never bought a copy before so that was a bonus. I went to HMVs site a few days before the release date and after jumping through lots of hoops with cookies and pop ups a file appeared on my hard drive. I was also confused about it being called "number one" but it seemed to treat it as track from an album despite it being listed as a single. It seems they already know the protection is going to cause grief as even HMV themselves suggest burning it to CD and re ripping it to MP3 to get it onto your player. I actually managed all that so maybe I'm not a complete luddite after all  Grin
Flushed with success I even managed to write a review, whatever next!

Bryan

I keep looking in the  HMV singles chart but no joy yet

Bryan
Ditto Music
n3wb

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »

Hello everybody.

My name is Andy C and I work at Ditto Music. I am very sorry indeed to hear that you have had such problems with downloading Fairport Convention and please be assured that we are doing everything we can to rectify the situation.

As of this morning, anyone who wishes to buy the track can do so from

http://dittomusic.dloadshop.com/shop.asp?artistid=361

We have tested and re-tested the system and it works perfectly now.

Anyone who has purchased the track and not been able to download it can now email me personally with confirmation of payment and I will arrange for your redemption codes to be re-sent to you.

Please email me at andyc(at)dittomusic.com.

Again, I apologise for the confusion.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

Andy C

www.dittomusic.com
Metro96 (Keith)
Do I look like a padre?

Loc: Adjacent to the Saddleworth villages.

My Friend there is always time for beer!

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »

Same here - ordered it from Ditto, they've taken the money but not provided a download link.  I've now got it from iTunes instead (or as well as).  Lovely track, if you can get it!

Strangely enough I've done exactly the same thing. Wink
Oh well £1.58 for a the single is still good value imho

Keith

Pwll peint o chwerw os gwelwch yn dda.
một pint của đắng xin
ไพน์ของขมโปรด
en halvliter øl vennligst
Staffan
Swedes stun easily
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Skärhamn, Sweden

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »

Hi Bryan

Hi Staffan

Staffan
Grumpy Old Man

It seems they already know the protection is going to cause grief as even HMV themselves suggest burning it to CD and re ripping it to MP3 to get it onto your player. I actually managed all that so maybe I'm not a complete luddite after all  Grin
Flushed with success I even managed to write a review, whatever next!

Bryan

I keep looking in the  HMV singles chart but no joy yet

It was my meaning to burn it on to a CD after the download, so I´ll give HMV a try and see if I´ll manage. Otherwise I might come back to you for advice! Wink

" -Just a roll, just a roll..."

" -I was 16 now and full of life..."
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »

Hello everybody.

My name is Andy C and I work at Ditto Music. I am very sorry indeed to hear that you have had such problems with downloading Fairport Convention and please be assured that we are doing everything we can to rectify the situation.

Hello Andy,

Thanks for dropping by and reassuring. I hope the download is working ok now. I'm sure you'll appreciated that the chance to get hold of this Fairport single means a lot to everyone on Talkawhile.

To those who reported problems with Ditto, can you follow up? Is the download from Ditto working now?

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
Ditto Music
n3wb

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »

Hey Nick,

Yes i am aware how much the single release means to you guys and we are very sorry for the mess.

It would be good to know that you guys (and gals) are now able to download it. From our end it is all good.

I have only had one email requesting a redemption code so far. By the looks of this forum i thought i would have a lot more.

Anyway. As long as we can leave this with no hard feelings.

Thanks.

Andy
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »

Andy, I would take from the quiet that all is well and people are happy again.

Thanks for helping to get the download available, and thanks for coming by Talkawhile. Smiley

Cheers

Nick

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
fstix (Michael)

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

Well in my case, I already got the track from elsewhere after not getting the download link from Ditto (still haven't), and chalked it up to experience.   Don't need to get the same track twice, after all.  Though I guess it's good that I could have got the link via here if needs be.

More like I am today than I ever have been before.
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »

i just d/lded the track from ditto with no problems at all
i know i'm late but i thought i'd let you know just in case anyone is dithering about whether or not to get it
btw it is great

The Dude abides
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:02 PM »

Thanks for posting Jim, you prompted me to download too (again, from Ditto, with no problems). I've been meaning too for ages cos I was there!

Glad I did, as it's just as spellbinding a version as I remember.

Nancy

Loc: Tring

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

I'm a bit thick when it comes to techincal stuff - can I get this on a CD? I've never downloaded anything in my life...
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 04:56:51 PM »

I'm a bit thick when it comes to techincal stuff - can I get this on a CD? I've never downloaded anything in my life...

Now's your chance, Nancy. . . Wink
Nancy

Loc: Tring

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »

But I still don't know how to do it...  Sad
Kathryn
A sucker for a hurdy-gurdy

Loc: Lincolnville Beach, Maine, USA

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 12:20:05 AM »

But I still don't know how to do it...  Sad

nor I, techno-idiot that I am....really do need to put some time into learning how this very useful but infernal machine works!
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »

Just downloaded it... from Ditto.  First one for me.

It's just exquisite... took me right back to a certain field on a certain night not too long ago!!

Grin Grin Grin

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: