TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 351173 times)
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:01 PM »

This is probably not the place for it and I don't mind if a Moderator deletes it, but I have a Home Borrower who now wants to sell her Kobo Glo. She's had it about six or eight months and hardly used it - she has mobility difficulties and found it hard to use. She paid about £100 for it, then bought a nice purple cover and a stylus to go with it.

I told her that with the littlest Kobo on sale for about £30 she probably won't get much for it.  

Anyway, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll see if she'll accept your offer. At least Kobos are compatible with the DRM system the libraries use for lending free eBooks, which the Kindles aren't.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Viv G

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »

I have recently been given a contact for someone who has been bequeathed several melodeons a concertina and  2 bodhrans. Their relative was a keen folk musician but they have no use for the instruments and would rather sell them to be used by those who can.They have had everything checked by Hobgoblin in Crawley and been given guide prices. I have copied details below.Please pm me if you are interested or know any one who is.We are based in Fleet,Hampshire.

"My late brother was very involved in folk clubs around SE London and North Kent (he was the founder member of two clubs, both of which are still going strong).  His main instrument was the melodeon, although he started off with a concertina.

There are several instruments which we had valued at Hobgoblin Music in Crawley and the chap there tested each one.

I’ve listed the details below with the values that they gave us.  

1.   Dino Baffetti D/G melodeon 2 voice 19 key         £900
2.   Sorrento 24 Bass piano accordion, needs tuning and cleaning   £60
3.   Lachenal 48 key English concertaina 5 fold bellows, raised
   metal ends, steel reeds                  £2250
4.   Weltmeister 3 row melodeon A/D/G needs tuning and cleaning   £500
5.   Hohner Corso melodeon C/C# needs some tuning and cleaning   £350
6.   Hohner Verdi I 48 bass piano accordion, old         £150
8.   Microvox M310 pickup system for melodeon         £70

There are also 2 Bodrans which have a nominal value of c.£15.

If you know of anyone who might be interested I would be happy to hear from them and will consider any reasonable offers. We don’t play them and it’s a shame to have them just lying around.
"
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2014, 12:58:50 AM »

I have a soft case for a mandolin. Not sure what to ask for it.  I'll take some photos and post them if anyone is interested.  Would probably work with a fiddle or a uke.

All the best

Steve

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2014, 12:47:06 PM »

Anyone know of a cheap but decent Acoustic bass going begging? - suitable lullaby playing...
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

Andie - there's a chap in Trowbridge (Wilts) who provides kits to convert 1/2 size (or 3/4 size) acoustic guitars into bass Ukes (with pickup).  Kits are about £40 - but he makes them too.

http://www.buzzardsfieldbasses.co.uk/how-to-make-a-bass-ukulele

So if you have an old, small acoustic anywhere...

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »

I'm selling my Tanglewood elec/acoustic bass guitar - model is TAB.2CD-STO, it has 3-band EQ onboard, jack socket; I put on a new set of strings about 8 months ago, but I've hardly played it since. It's in excellent condition overall - no scratches, marks or cracks.

It comes with a hard Stagg case (with 5 clip fasteners), also a soft gig bag.

I'm looking for about £200-£250 for it, so if you're interested (or know someone who might be), please contact me via PM.

I'd be happy to arrange to meet a buyer halfway rather than risk courier/post!

Cheers
Paul

Flobbadob!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »

I've sold my bass - the buyer is a young local guy who is totally into playing and recording - in various configurations/lineups - anything from blues through to his current project of an acoustic jazz/folk/beatboxing hybrid.  I'm so pleased its gone to someone who is so enthusiastic.  Grin

Flobbadob!
fat Billy(Bill)
Babycham Bill
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: deepest suffolk

may decay in direct sunlight

« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2015, 03:56:46 PM »

I am trying to raise funds for a good quality guitar, so I am selling an all mahogany Cort L450 guitar for 200 quid and a savannah F style mandolin for 100 quid. The cort comes with a good quality soft case and the Mando has a stagg hard case. The mando has had a professional set up and palys very well, the cort is just lovely especially for blues

[Photo over 400 days old. Removed by Admin.]
Polly Oxford (Andie)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2015, 05:02:49 PM »

Wanted: I'm trying very hard to get a copy of June Tabor's 'On Air' and all the copies I can find are absurdly priced... does anyone know any sites for obscure CDs where I can look, I'm not good at this, most of my collection is direct from the artist or at gigs! Thank you.
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »

Wanted: I'm trying very hard to get a copy of June Tabor's 'On Air' and all the copies I can find are absurdly priced... does anyone know any sites for obscure CDs where I can look, I'm not good at this, most of my collection is direct from the artist or at gigs! Thank you.

The On Air series was very short lived, and I don't think large quantities were pressed. They came out mostly in the 80s/90s and many, if not all, have never been released again by anyone else. I have a few -- not June Tabor - - and I never see most of them unless they're advertised for silly prices. Have you looked already at amazon uk Marketplace Sellers? Or discogs. Sorry I can't be more helpful.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:30:43 AM by Alan2 » Logged
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2015, 09:29:35 AM »

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?q=June+Tabor+-+On+Air&ev=is

Is vinyl any good to you?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »

Its not on that list though, Alan?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »

Its not on that list though, Alan?

It's not the same record.  The CD includes some Peel sessions, but the vinyl EP is those sessions only.

As far as I can tell, the only way I can find to hear the On Air CD without shelling out a slab of money, is by downloading it.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »

Oh gosh sorry, I was confusing the Peel Sessions with On Air series (Strange Fruit). You're quite right. And On Air series, was afaik CD only. I remember because I tried to get Woods Band On Air and this was ages ago, and it was unobtainalble. And thankyou Jules for clarification,. At least I was sort of half right.  Embarrassed
Polly Oxford (Andie)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:50 AM »

Thank you all for your help and advice - at least I don't feel quite so useless if you lot can't find it either! Will have a go at downloading later.
ColinB
a better way to put it
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lancaster

« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »

I am selling my Yamaha V5 violin. There's an ad on Gumtree if you want all the details or see this web site which is the shop in Morecambe where I bought it a few years back. I've borrowed one of their photos as Mrs B is away with our camera this week and my phone has a rather poor quality one. Send me a message if interested. Can deliver in North Lancs\South Cumbria.

http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/yamaha-v5sc-violin

Listen to my Off The Beaten Tracks radio shows on Mixcloud
https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »

I have an Eko bouzouki. Bought for approx £100 around 20 years ago. Seems to play well although strings could do with changing. Any ideas how much i may be able to sell it for?

Very similar to the one listed here :https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyRoadhouse/status/623836985216618496/photo/1
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:12:28 PM by DarrenWilliams » Logged
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »

If by any chance anyone is looking for a left-handed electric banjo, there's one for sale in a pawn shop in Gloucester...

Flobbadob!
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »

Talk about niche market. :-)

Paul

MauriceN

Loc: Kent

« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »

I have a copy of Random Precision- Recording the Music of Syd Barrett book which I have for sale on Amazon priced at £115. It's the second cheapest on there. But should any forum members want the book, I'll sell it for £85. Please pm me if interested.
Really don't want to part with the book but seriously need the cash.

I may not know much about art but I know what I like
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: