TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 351200 times)
Rory.
onions aren't meant to be grated
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Brighton

« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »

There is a shop here in Brighton who I'm sure will be able to give you a valuation, Mark.

http://www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk/index.php

They have a very good reputation but I mentioned Mando Hangout as it has a wider audience... and not retail

I hope Mark can find out all he can via as many routes as possible  Fez  - I only mentioned that shop because the owner's daughter and my daughter are friends, I've only been in there a couple of times as the guitars are far too beautiful and far too expensive, and therefore it's a bit depressing  Grin
Nuthouse
He wasn't born to follow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Northampton

« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »

I hope Mark can find out all he can via as many routes as possible  Fez  - I only mentioned that shop because the owner's daughter and my daughter are friends, I've only been in there a couple of times as the guitars are far too beautiful and far too expensive, and therefore it's a bit depressing  Grin

Indeed Rory... the shop has a very good reputation in all respects so this was not a slight on them in any way. My comment was made on the basis that, if Mark's friend was looking to sell the mandolin, then he might get a better deal by dealing with a player rather than a seller.

Having said this, I agree... all options should be considered.

If you know the owners of TAMCO do they let you go in and lick the lovely, lovely shiny things ?  Grin

What isn't real is genuine illusion....
Mark
and if any one should ask me.........
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Carmarthen

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »

Thanks for your help guys. It is now confirmed as a 1926 Martin AK, valued at around £800 - £1000. My friend has decided to keep it and adapt his playing style to allow for his arthritic fingers on his left hand!

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
mahoganyfolk (jeff)
n3wb

« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

I'm looking for some used guitar tuners.. something that's decent quality, used and beat up is okay as long as they work!
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

I'm looking for some used guitar tuners.. something that's decent quality, used and beat up is okay as long as they work!

Jeff

Have a look on eBay - they are very cheap new.

Cheers

Steve

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »

On the look out for a vintage Vox AC30 amplifier?...How about this relentlessly gigged example, now up for sale!... owned by the brilliant and much missed Rory Gallagher... Cool

Comes complete with flight case, to keep it looking nice and shiny... Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RORY-GALLAGHER-VOX-AC-30-TOP-BOOST-FROM-THE-RORY-GALLAGHER-COLLECTION-/390452550818?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item5ae8c91ca2
Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »

On the look out for a vintage Vox AC30 amplifier?...How about this relentlessly gigged example, now up for sale!... owned by the brilliant and much missed Rory Gallagher... Cool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RORY-GALLAGHER-VOX-AC-30-TOP-BOOST-FROM-THE-RORY-GALLAGHER-COLLECTION-/390452550818?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item5ae8c91ca2

A mate had an old Vox AC30 in the 70s.  He got rid of it for a 12" square Roland Cube which were very Spandau Ballet and "cool".  Wonder how much the AC30 would be worth today - I'm guessing 50 times the price of a Roland Cube Smiley

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »

A mate had an old Vox AC30 in the 70s.  He got rid of it for a 12" square Roland Cube which were very Spandau Ballet and "cool".  Wonder how much the AC30 would be worth today - I'm guessing 50 times the price of a Roland Cube Smiley

I had an AC30 in the 70s. It used to blow several valves a week. Finally got rid of it in the 80s due to small house and impending child. I now have a Vox Valvetronix, which is not the same. The sad thing is, I do have room for an AC30 now, but I can't lift the damn thing.

Paul

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »

I had an AC30 in the 70s. It used to blow several valves a week. Finally got rid of it in the 80s due to small house and impending child. I now have a Vox Valvetronix, which is not the same. The sad thing is, I do have room for an AC30 now, but I can't lift the damn thing.

Paul

For playing bass I have just bought a laney rb3 to use at rehearsals and small gigs, to replace the 100w peavey combo that i can hardly lift and has some noise issues and fading volume problems.

Like wise for guitar i bought a small Fender Fuse guitat combo 18 months ago to replace my aging marshal valvestate, which crackles and loses a channel regulary.  

Both probably cost less than repairing the old ones.  Just got to work out what to do with the old ones now.  Apparently they take up too much room and are not shelves. Grin

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:47 PM »

Swarb's selling up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Swarbricks-famous-Gibson-A1-mandolin-/150931675921?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item23243a9b11

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Swarbrick-s-custom-built-Zeta-electric-violin-/150929126121?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item232413b2e9

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2012, 10:10:41 AM »

!!!!

Where's a spare thousand when you need it?  Huh
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »

Swarb's selling up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dave-Swarbricks-famous-Gibson-A1-mandolin-/150931675921?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item23243a9b11

I couldn't even afford his slippers (in shot number 4).   They look very comfy to me.  

No Left Turn Unstoned
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »

Richard Skelton (check him out if you don't know his wonderful music and poetry) is selling his Fylde Custom Alexander Left Handed Acoustic

Further details here http://www.corbelstonepress.com/forsale/fylde.htm

and also his Baby Taylor Left Handed Acoustic

Further details here http://www.corbelstonepress.com/forsale/taylor.htm

Drop Richard a line at corbelstonepress@yahoo.co.uk if interested.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »

I'm looking for a s/h small cymbal with stand that I can use with a cajon.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »

I'm umming and ahhing about buying a Rickenbacker from the States on eBay.  I'm running out of time.  I'm in severe danger of umming and ahhing myself out of an option.  It's just soooo much money!   Undecided

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »

I'm umming and ahhing about buying a Rickenbacker from the States on eBay.  I'm running out of time.  I'm in severe danger of umming and ahhing myself out of an option.  It's just soooo much money!   Undecided

Jules

You'll regret it forever if you don't go for it Jules.  I couldn't be sure, but I can't see you losing money on it if the unthinkable happened, and you had to sell it on.

No Left Turn Unstoned
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »

You'll regret it forever if you don't go for it Jules.  I couldn't be sure, but I can't see you losing money on it if the unthinkable happened, and you had to sell it on.

I'd regret it if it was cheaper.  Or if it had a white scratch plate instead of a gold one.  But it's still going to be about just shy of £1,400 with postage and customs, and I just don't feel confident enough in myself to throw caution to the wind today.

There'll be others.  660/12s aren't that rare!

Jules

Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

Final decision???   Wink

No Left Turn Unstoned
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »

There'll be others.  660/12s aren't that rare!

Jules

You wouldn't consider a 360/12? I know a man...  Wink

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »

You wouldn't consider a 360/12? I know a man...  Wink

Aesthetically I prefer them, but the neck's are way too narrow at the headstock.   Sad

Jules

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: