TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:06:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale and Wanted  (Read 353609 times)
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »

Hi asaunders. Welcome to the forum.  Smiley Do have a poke around and join in with the discussions: we're mostly harmless.  Wink

I tried a Seagull parlour in the Music Room tent at Shrewsbury Folk Festival in 2008 and I must have sat there for at least 20 minutes just playing it. If this fleaBay example is anything like the one I played, you will have many happy hours with it. Looks like a reasonably price too.  Smiley

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
asaunders
ANONYMOUS MEMBER
n3wb

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2010, 09:53:05 PM »

thanks Ollie. I was hoping for a few more replies, but thank you kindly for your one.

Grin Grin Grin
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »

My son has a Seagull, it is a nicely made guitar. I think they are the budget end of the Patrick Eggle range. I may have a dodgy spelling there.

One reply in a couple of hours isn't bad.  Roll Eyes Grin

Paul

Matt Hicks
my talent is actually french polishing
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Plymouth and also in residence in Birmingham

The Mothman

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »

I don't think you can really go wrong with seagull. As has been said, they are the budget range from the guys who make Simon and Patrick I believe. I would just say thatif £400 is your budget, have a look around. Tanglewood are doing some amazing guitars at that price and I would be surpised if you couldn't get hold of a second hand Simon and Patrick for that price as well.

Steve with the black dog
Your fox is male
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: The rainy Lake District

So little time, so much to do

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »

I see the Seagull went for £408 - a pretty good deal for a decent guitar - did you get it ASaunders?

A simple life, voluntarily chosen, can be a source of strength.
Neil Morrell
Candlestick in the Library
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: St Helens, Lancs

Be careful Mr President - I think he's drunkkk!

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 02:38:50 AM »

On behalf of a good friend - Alembic Epic 5 String Bass with fitted Hiscox "Bass Centre" Case.  As New - £1200. Pic's to follow.

No longer active on TAW.  Cheers Y'all!!
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »

For sale

• Jim Deacon white Strat style bass. Not sure of its age, certainly not new, but excellent condition; no scratches or dings. Comes with strap and padded gig bag. £80.

• 60 Watt Laney BC 30 bass amp. Again, not sure of its age, seems quite old but works perfectly. £85.

• Takstar TA-78A professional dynamic microphone. Recieved as a present a few years ago, used once or twice, otherwise kept in its box. Comes in original box with a case, stand clip and lead. £20.

Photos here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollieking/ Contact me by IM if you are interested.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
yotter

Loc: Surrey

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »

For sale:
Absolutely mint condition 2001 Martin D28 guitar c/w with hard case. Reluctant sale, but it hasn't been played for ages. £1200 ovno. Send me a message for photos.
David (terrrrrrrr)
I'm all out for the cidre...
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Deux Sevres, France

C'est moi... (and my wife)

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »

Wanted:

Has anyone got a copy of Mojo, I think, issue 136? It's the issue with obit for the late Traffic stixsman Jim Capaldi.

Time it was, and what a time it was
A time of innocence, A time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you.
ollythedolly
Grownup
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Oxfordshire

One more time with feeling

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2010, 04:02:24 PM »

Zildjian ZXT Rock Cymbals
20" Ride, 16" Crash, 14" Hi-Hats
Great condition-versatile cymbals.
eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170461813510#ht_761wt_1167

David Delarre
Pocklington? I've never pockled..

Loc: Essex

Cheestastic!

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »

Lovely little mandolin, solid spruce top, maple back and sides, pearl drop or 'A' shape. Very ornate mother of pearl inlays on fretboard, bindings and rosette, and lovely figure of maple on the back. I bought this on Ebay for £400 2 years ago, and have been gigging it regularly with my folk band Mawkin Causley. Nice full tone, selling due to me buying a Fylde Touchstone Mandolin (£670) so need capital quickly!

Lovely little thing, a few blemishes on the brass tailpiece due to sweating on it! but other than that in lovely condition, brand new machineheads!

Comes with gig bag.

http://cambridge.gumtree.com/cambridge/98/57038898.html

Mawkin - New Album 'Crow' out 21st of April 2012
Big Ade
Not the post card I expected

Loc: Dunblane, scotland

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »

FOR SALE as no longer being gigged and wife complaining about it no longer being gigged and taking up house room!

OZARK flatback Bouzouki, octave strung and custom fitted with a Schatten transducer pickup to an end-pin jack socket by Andy Perkins of 'Andy banjos'  Also includes a Schaller straplock for the heel.

In excellent condition, regularly poliched and comes with a fitted hard case and will be very well packaged for delivery.  Looking for 320 pounds which will include packaging and delivery.

If interested, message me and I can send further photos

There's nothing wrong with being normal, just don't be ordinary.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2010, 11:39:22 AM »

I'm thinking of biting the bullet and learning to play a 20 button anglo concertina - should I go second hand / ebay, or am I best in buying a new scarlatti or similare from Hobgoblin?

Also how easy / hard are they to learn, I currently strum a few guitar chords and can pick out a tune on the recorder at a pinch  Smiley

DW
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

How good are you at patting your head while rubbing your tummy anticlockwise?  Wink
Is it for morris or Irish style? I found G/D (morris) tuning virtually unobtainable on ebay, but plenty of C/G around.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »

How good are you at patting your head while rubbing your tummy anticlockwise?  Wink
Is it for morris or Irish style? I found G/D (morris) tuning virtually unobtainable on ebay, but plenty of C/G around.

ahh, maybe I'll be better off just getting a tin whistle then - keep it easy. Any recommendations here for good make whistles, what key etc  for accompanying Morris - as part of a band anyway?

DW
Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2010, 05:48:40 PM »

ahh, maybe I'll be better off just getting a tin whistle then - keep it easy. Any recommendations here for good make whistles, what key etc  for accompanying Morris - as part of a band anyway?

DW

I'd stick with concertina David. C/G Anglo is the most common concertina used for Morris. Most tunes are in G if you are playing along with a melodeon. It is possible to play in D on an anglo with a bit of practice - all the notes are there. At the end of the day, I expect playing the 'tina would be more rewarding than the whistle, albeit more expensive. Also, personally, I don't think the whistle is a great instrument for Morris.

Or, you could get a melodeon. You could try and find a second hand Pokerwork on fleaBay, or you could go for the Scarlatti Nero - http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/GR4205-p-Scarlatti-Nero-DG,-218-keys-Page.htm which is just a cheap, but also a reasonably good instrument.

Pete in Oxney

Loc: Wittersham, Isle of Oxney, Kent

I will be a better musician one of these days ...

« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »

If you did fancy an anglo concertina David, by far the best starter box is the 30 key Rochelle in C/G, best UK price I can find is at The Box Place.

If a melodeon appeals at all The Music Room have new Hohner Pokerworks on special this weekend. A D/G model would be best for morris.

Tony Dixon makes nice mid priced whistles, one in D and another in low G would probably best suit your needs (a standard pitch G whistle annoys bats!).

I am the writer in sand
MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »

Leila plays a few Tony Dixon whistles I think. Lovely sound.
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »

Moosicle bits for sale, some bits more moosicle than others Roll Eyes

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/contemporaryinsanity/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
Let me know if the link doesn't work pls.

To be joined by a rather nice Ibanez 7 string jumbo soonish.

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
Goaty
Ewen the Navigator
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Son of a Nun

« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »

More stuff for sale in case anyone's interested or knows someone who might be.  Seven string jumbo to come when I've got its case back.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/contemporaryinsanity/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution, I could be an inmate in a long-term institution ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: