TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Thompson Band Tour  (Read 59152 times)
Neil
About to blow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Oregon

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »

Not to forget Judith Owen on vocals.

Things change all the time, and they'll probably never be the same again. It's just the natural evolution of the human condition. Guy Clark
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2007, 05:39:12 PM »

She's the weakest link for me.

Neil
About to blow
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Oregon

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »

How so I found her voice especially suited to the jazz and opera numbers, she is no Linda Thompson or Christine Collister though.

Things change all the time, and they'll probably never be the same again. It's just the natural evolution of the human condition. Guy Clark
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2007, 05:53:08 PM »

Quite. THe other two outshone her in quite a big way, I thought.
Oh, and her hand movements....

Jonathan

Loc: US

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2007, 10:36:16 PM »

I saw the 1000 Years show, I guess it was two years ago now, at the Birchmere in Alexandria, VA (outside of DC).  I went into it not expecting to like it, because it was "just a covers show."  I hadn't bought the CD yet, and didn't know the back story.  I had gotten tickets simply because it was RT.  It was incredible, and like someone wrote above, just like seeing him for the first time.  I guess I would have to agree about Judith.  Good singer, etc., but probably the weakest link.  Certainly didn't ruin the show for me, the stage banter between Richard and her was amusing, her keyboard added some texture to the songs she played on, but maybe not the best voice for the material.

This is the first time in four years or so that Richard hasn't played the Birchmere the beginning of November.  It was always a nice little tradition.  Oh well.  I have to look at his schedule to see the next time he's in the DC area.  Probably not for awhile, as he just played the 9:30 Club back in June, which I unfortunately missed.

I took me mandolin to the party, but no one asked me to play it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: