TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy T shirts  (Read 36350 times)
Anaphase
Avec Lapin et Balconette

Loc: Burton on Trent

Saucy Git

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 04:12:55 PM »

I've got a purpley/maroon coloured one and I really liked this years design.  Mind you, I'm one of those weirdo's that has to buy a teeshirt at every gig or festival I go to anyway. 

Don't ask me why, because I couldn't answer!

Ana

Wild Thing!  You make my thing swing....
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London Colney, near St Albans, Herts

That's her, with the fluteystick...

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 04:34:49 PM »

I wish I'd bought t-shirts at all gigs & festivals I've been to, Ana, then I might be able to remember where I'd been and when!!

As I recall the ladies strappy tops and kiddie t-shirts were a bit of an experiment this year, so I'm sure there'll be more more choice of colours/designs next year!

Surely the most important question is:  Did everyone who wanted one get one?  Or did they run out?  I've not seen anyone say they ran out, so I'm assuming stock levels were either well judged or completely OTT.  Hope it was the former!

Flute player seeks ragtime band...
Jono
free-flowing and painless all weekend

Loc: Wardington

Rosin up the bow...

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 12:00:12 PM »

Didn't like them - that's my 2-penneth! Loved last years but this years sucked like a dyson.

Smiley

Here's to it and to it again!
Simon Nicol
Samantha was detained elsewhere...

Loc: Usually CT4

Wilco ... and Out!

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 01:04:43 PM »

This is an area where we had a lot to learn, and expected to. Hitherto the concession had been sold outright to an old friend who ran the whole thing from design (with the band's say-so, obviously) to final sales in exchange for a fixed payment (or "concession fee" as it's known). So the band knew what it would make on the weekend and avoid yet another organizational burden. As there were a number of difficulties last year with our regular supplier - a number of buyers were disappointed - we thought we'd have a go. And we have learned a lot. For one thing, the operation was almost clandestine; if you did locate the sales tent you felt like you needed a stiff-card invitation to get in. And our choice of colourways was, as has been observed above, somewhat controversial...... Sorry about the red sleeveless Ts Issy.
Anyway, stocktaking almost complete here and those of you who WERE unable to find our wares will be offered another chance very soon on the "Shop" page of the official website, which will also be including some CDs which have recently come to light....

As the Zen Master said, "Don't just do something - sit there!"
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 01:45:57 PM »

It was good to catch up with Elaine Morgan too....about time she was encouraged back onto the Cropredy stage. What a voice.....

Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 04:32:13 PM »

Simon, thank you for the response.  I have to say that I found the tent really easily and didn't feel shy to go in or anything.  But then this was my 2nd Cropredy and it was in the same place as last year.  I was also on a mission to get my t-shirt as early as possible on Saturday as I had to wait for the 2nd batch last year!  It arrived in the post in due course, so no complaints there either.  I still can't remember why I ordered icky brown though...  Must've been drunk or something.

Now, about these 'ere swords... http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=12641.0   Grin
Cheeky, I know!  Apologies all round before I get hung, drawn and quartered..  Them that don't ask don't get!  Just say the word Mods, and the link's gone!

Big Dave
Virtual Giant
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hadfield (in the glorious High Peak of Derbyshire)

Stand us a pint guv!

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 04:34:30 PM »

Now, about these 'ere swords... http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=12641.0   Grin
Cheeky, I know!  Apologies all round before I get hung, drawn and quartered..  Them that don't ask don't get!
Off topic, i know but it would be interesting to hear how Simon "visualises" the story

Live life, live love, Live for FAIRPORT!!!!!!
leahdon (Donna)
Secret Fez Admirer

Loc: Gloucestershire

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 04:36:44 PM »

Having read on here that there was actually going to be womens T shirts for sale this year I was quite looking forward to buying a womens strappy top, but no strappy tops, just vests
Angela

Huh

Err.  Sorry, don't understand what you mean by strappy top v vest.  When I heard there were going to be strappy tops, I assumed they'd be exactly what they had.

D

Cheers,

Donna
xx
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2005, 07:40:37 PM »

For one thing, the operation was almost clandestine; if you did locate the sales tent you felt like you needed a stiff-card invitation to get in.
Well I had a personal invitation in from Joss, who was doing a wonderful sales pitch everytime I passed by! Wink
I would also like to mention the excellent bags that were available: mine has already done sterling service carting macs/wet T shirts to and fro.
Joss

Loc: Castle Cary, Somerset

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 10:16:25 PM »

Thanks Polly, I worked hard in the Merchandise tent on Saturday from 2pm till midnight trying to attract attention to my book 'FESTIVAL FOLK' and it really worked - we sold loads of copies plus Tshirts etc. We had a lot of fun there, but not much beer unfortunately. Dick & his helpers were great.  I received brilliant feedback from everyone about the book, so I'm really pleased everyone is enjoying it. Just wait for those cold winter nights when it will really come into its own - not to burn for warmth but to give visual warmth pleasure!!  I still have a few more books to sell, visit www.festivalfolk.co.uk

Interestingly, the artist Donna Westley who drew the beautiful celtic knot design for the book is preparing to sell T shirts with this design, see the rear cover of the book, with all profits going to the Teenage Cancer Trust. Anyone interested ?    I will announce details soon.

Joss
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 10:44:59 PM »

Hi Joss.

You've just had my order, as I didn't want the book to get wet at Cropredy.

i think the celtic knot t-shirt from '97 was the best that they have done, so I would be interested in something similar.

Paul

mikemush

Loc: Harlow,Essex :-(

"In his forties,and still unusual" H.Rawlinson

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 02:21:03 AM »

Bought my first Cropredy T-shirt for several years this time, partly 'cos prices seemed more reasonable than in the past, partly 'cos haven't bought one since about '85.........

Surprisingly (and a little weirdly) have had many questions and positive comments in Harlow when wearing same........

Who'd of thought........Huh

Smiley

"Aha! As I anticipated,things have gone wildly beyond my control"  Professor Nebulous
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 11:00:31 AM »

Cropredy T-Shirts and other Cropredy merch are now available from the Fairport website, where the shop has expanded to also include a host of Fairport CDs.....

Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 02:49:38 PM »

Bought my first Cropredy T-shirt for several years this time, partly 'cos prices seemed more reasonable than in the past, partly 'cos haven't bought one since about '85.........

Surprisingly (and a little weirdly) have had many questions and positive comments in Harlow when wearing same........

Who'd of thought........Huh

Smiley
I wore mine when out yesterday and a girl at B&Q check out said "Hey like your T shirt its really cool!" Cool Cool
My only gripe is that after one wash the design is cracking and peeling off! Cry I washed it cooler than it recommended and inside out too! And no i didn't iron it! Grin

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Anaphase
Avec Lapin et Balconette

Loc: Burton on Trent

Saucy Git

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 05:51:59 PM »

My only gripe is that after one wash the design is cracking and peeling off! Cry I washed it cooler than it recommended and inside out too! And no i didn't iron it! Grin

I get that problem too - I guess the only way 'round it is to *shock horror* hand wash it  Shocked

Ana

Wild Thing!  You make my thing swing....
Boatgirl
I split my pink wellies

Loc: Cropredy

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 01:43:02 PM »

And our choice of colourways was, as has been observed above, somewhat controversial......

Don't worry about it Simon, you can't please everybody all the time and what a dull old homogenised world it would be if you could.

I thought the design was fab! Fresh, funky and demanding to be looked at. As with art, surely it is better to create something which provokes strong feelings--both postive and negative--than something "safe", mediocre and instantly forgettable?

As for the carrier bags, I thought they were great too and was proudly using mine until Saturday, when I foolishly tried to transport the contents of the booze cupboard to make punch for a barbecue. Vodka & bacardi good...Galliano BAD.

"What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has magic, power, and genius in it." Goethe
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 01:49:21 PM »

...My only gripe is that after one wash the design is cracking and peeling off! Cry I washed it cooler than it recommended and inside out too! And no i didn't iron it! Grin

I have to admit that I like a t-shirt that's cracked slightly (or even a lot) in the washing - makes it look less "brand new".  Probably comes from too many years of bike rallies and festivals where the person with the oldest t-shirt gets extra cool points for being really old, or something.  Ever noticed how the person with the Cropredy '82 t-shirt (Or any previous year!) gets more kudos than the person with this years' t-shirt?

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 07:54:08 PM »

...My only gripe is that after one wash the design is cracking and peeling off! Cry I washed it cooler than it recommended and inside out too! And no i didn't iron it! Grin

I have to admit that I like a t-shirt that's cracked slightly (or even a lot) in the washing - makes it look less "brand new".  Probably comes from too many years of bike rallies and festivals where the person with the oldest t-shirt gets extra cool points for being really old, or something.  Ever noticed how the person with the Cropredy '82 t-shirt (Or any previous year!) gets more kudos than the person with this years' t-shirt?
As this was my second Cropredy.  I did not take the T Shirt from last year, thinking "How un-cool would that be?"  Next year the 2004 T shirt may be in the bag for the Festival, but there again I may wear this years Beautifull Day T Shirt. 

Noticed while the shirt was drying that the design has a couple of cracks, oh well the distressed look is always cool Cool  (Hand washed)

Don't care what it will look like, but a T shirt next year is a must.   Get more use out of them than a programme!

Mark

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Johnny-B-Mental

Loc: Leicester

Talk to me - I'm from another planet!!

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 11:55:44 PM »

Got a T-Shirt this year but was absolutely steaming and bought the wrong size  Huh  Embarrassed

Of course it erred on the "snug" rather than "comfort" fit!!

Anybody else done that??

J-B-M
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: