TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:19:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy T shirts  (Read 36363 times)
AndyC

Loc: Oxfordshire

« on: August 21, 2005, 11:42:58 AM »

Not seen much comment on the T shirts - this year was the first time in ages that we haven't bought one.... didn't seem to be that many people on the field wearing them either. Poor choice of design IMO.

AndyC
Mix (Mic)
Cowcatcher for Coocachoo
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Staffs

Once more unto the breech...

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 11:59:25 AM »

Not seen much comment on the T shirts - this year was the first time in ages that we haven't bought one.... didn't seem to be that many people on the field wearing them either. Poor choice of design IMO.

AndyC

Now I really loved this year's design, as indeed I loved the backdrop to the stage Smiley
The only reason I don't have one of this years T Shirts, is purely financial.
Nothing to do with what was being charged for the T Shirts I should say, simply my own lack of funds.

Mic

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
Randlepmcmurphy
Snug Bastard Survivor

Loc: North Wales

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 11:59:56 AM »

I bought one of the T-shirts and am wearing it as i type. One funny thing though is the words 'peace and Love' on it which i found was quite ironic considering some of the comments that have been made about this years festival.

My friends are all junkies but they're still my friends
Tony H
Has a good head for figures

Loc: Leicester

the artist formally known as molar

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 12:02:27 PM »

All the years I've been going to Crop I've never bought a T-shirt. I loved the design for this year.

I didn't buy one though - I'm such a tightwad.

Never in the field...
Pete Gray
Totally Scuppered

Loc: Coal Aston, Dronfield - Nr. Sheffield

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »

Sorry but thought the design/colours/peace & love were really naff (if not a bit Girly) but I did buy a 6X field trip shirt - much more of a mans thing !

cathy

Loc: TRIBAL ESSEX

"Turbaned fool!"

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 07:57:09 PM »

Loved the t-shirt design and colours,bought two which have been wearing constantly ever since Grin

"I get the red mist and I'm off...it's very nasty!"
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

The T shirt designs are seldom much cop thoug are they? The 2000 one was spectacularly naff. The best year was the celtic knot-work one.

Having said that, they always outclass the Glastonbury ones which seem to take pride in their dodgyness.

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 01:42:44 AM »

Well I have an almost complete set, but only 2 that are small enough to wear, and one of those was the 6x version!! So this year I was delighted to buy a child's one, only to discover that it doesn't have a list of the bands playing on the back.  Angry Angry Angry Angry
Shame as I loved the Peace and Love motif and will definately be wearing it a lot.
Folkie (Jen)
Cropredy Princess

Loc: South Wales

I'm a teacher now...

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 10:28:24 AM »

I couldn't resist buying one this year. I know that the colours aren't what you'd usually wear
and they are certainly very bright - but the t-shirts do attract other people's curiosity/interest!

I loved Rons Crew 2 fluorescent yellow t-shirts  Grin

Jen

*Cropredy princess Wink *
(Hey! I have a custom title!!!!!)
you dream too much
Anna
I'll be Susan
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London Colney, near St Albans, Herts

That's her, with the fluteystick...

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 10:30:09 AM »

I bought a "purple" one, although would have preferred (if I thought I'd fit into it) the shade of purple used for the kiddie t-shirts but hey that's life.  I think it's a pretty good design, if a little eye-watering.

Flute player seeks ragtime band...
volario

Loc: Chorley, Lancashire

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »

I'd have bought one if they were the fitted type, with me being so short they always end up round my knees.

MarkV
sit on a perch and prepare a roach
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Quality control has failed to sift me out.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 03:48:27 PM »

There were a few of them being worn at Beautifull Days. 

I wore mine on the first day, only to meet some guy who reckoned he was of to his tent for another shirt, as he had always had an individual look, and that was'nt going to change Undecided 

O to 62 in sixtytwo years.  Where does the time go?
Donna
n3wb

Loc: York UK

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 10:41:44 PM »

I liked the design, although I didn't buy one........I'm a tight fisted sod!!!!   Grin
shedseven (steve)
ANONYMOUS MEMBER
n3wb

Loc: stockport

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 10:53:03 PM »

I usually buy a T shirt, I loved last years design and still wear mine all the time. This year's was too in-yer-face for my taste and the 'peace and love' bit a tad cissy. Now if it had said 'pies and lager'...

now be thankful you're from stockport
issy
with the fairies
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Exiled Nr Bracknell

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 12:35:40 AM »

I bought a "purple" one, although would have preferred (if I thought I'd fit into it) the shade of purple used for the kiddie t-shirts but hey that's life.  I think it's a pretty good design, if a little eye-watering.

I agree.  Quite like the love and peace but the colours were just dirgy.  Rule No 1 - always make a T shirt in black.  I would have like the kids purple colour.

I liked the womens vests but they were only available in red.  Red!!!

Was hoping to buy one and then I saw what the options were and decided against it.

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Angela
all that hair bobbing about
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Lost in Kent

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 10:38:08 AM »

Having read on here that there was actually going to be womens T shirts for sale this year I was quite looking forward to buying a womens strappy top, but no strappy tops, just vests and as Issy said, only in red! Angry I bought three (cost loads of money), the mens for Dennis, vest for me and childs for Jack.  I also liked the childs colour the best, but am pretty upset that neither the childs or womens had the list of performers on the back. Pity they can't just make the T shirts in smaller sizes or at least shorter so they don't look like a nightie!

Angela
roddie
n3wb

Loc: lierpool

a muffin man

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 02:09:08 PM »

i got one, and will wear it with pride at some future gigs, and during our forthcoming german tour

girl, you thought he was a man, but he was a muffin
Woodpecker

Loc: Western Edge of The Black Country

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 07:29:50 PM »

Wasn't the 'Love & Peace' thing a bit of a reference to the whole Woodstocky / hippie feel of the line up?

(Although I do agree it's going to be difficult to wear it outside of selected events)

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.    Chinese proverb.
Mix (Mic)
Cowcatcher for Coocachoo
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Staffs

Once more unto the breech...

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 09:20:41 PM »

If I'd got one, I'd be hard pushed to not wear it long enough to wash it Smiley

Mic

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
jjjudy

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 01:21:26 AM »

I've got one of each (the eggplant and the nice rusty red) placed next to each other here, and think the two background colors work together well. Am thinking of layering. Re the dayglo logo and lettering, maybe it's the Berkeley influence but it works for me. I loved the way the stage backdrop showed up in the great night photos you all took. Thank you Tom Leary.

Strobe lights and blown speakers
Fireworks and hurricanes
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: