TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warwick Folk Fest July 27th to 30 th  (Read 1977 times)
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« on: June 23, 2023, 09:32:07 AM »

Going to to this for my 2nd yr in a row this yr. For yrs we just went to the fringe as we lived within driving distance but last yr I took van for first time and the fest had moved to the grounds of Warwick Castle . Great setting.
Classic smallish folk fest. Central area / village (!).with small stage , session tent, food stalls, craft stalls , bar , food outlets …..
Main marquee stage, second marquee stage and several smaller stages for niche gigs…….
I loved it. Friendly, easy walks stage to stage, good lineup, opportunity to play sessions and a 10 min walk into Warwick for fringe event,,but I never got there last yr cos main field was just too good……
https://warwickfolkfestival.co.uk/
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 09:47:26 AM »

Decent lineup!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 09:09:16 PM »

Cracking Fest. Tweaks to the layout were an improvement after moving to new site last yr.
Huge range of music styles , genres etc.
Highlights for me, Enda Kenny, Will Pound and Tim Edey, an outstanding set from O’Hooley and Tidow, Oli Matthews band, Craig Sunderland, Keith Donnelly and Lauren South, Manran, ( perfect Saturday night headliners…)Filkins ensemble , stunning 15 piece folk ‘orchestra’ , Suntou Susso Band, plus all the music sessions in the bar and all over the site and town. Yep Warwick Fest involves sorting the prog , bopping about a bit and dipping into things…..
Brilliant toilets and showers,kept stunningly clean by volunteers!
Great beer assortment.
Just , simply a welcoming, friendly fest.
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 10:13:27 PM »

Thanks for that review Dave. Good to know you had a great time and the festival distinguished itself!

I've lived in Warwick for a few years but never been to the festival as it's always clashed with something else. Hopefully next year a visit can be managed  Smiley

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
hendo (Dave)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 10:56:23 PM »

Thanks for that review Dave. Good to know you had a great time and the festival distinguished itself!

I've lived in Warwick for a few years but never been to the festival as it's always clashed with something else. Hopefully next year a visit can be managed  Smiley

No probs Ian. Because we only live an hour away we used to just go to the excellent fringe fest in venues  round the town, cos Cropredy was a regular for us and they were a bit too close together.
Moving to tge new site , beneath the castle has made it a stand alone event. Still with a strong trad folk underbelly but covering a wide range of styles.
Hope to see you next year.
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »

I hope so too  Smiley

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: