TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:53:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cropredy Horns  (Read 1604 times)
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« on: April 03, 2023, 02:01:27 PM »

THE CROPREDY HORNS. During(I think) the 1991 FC Cropredy set a group of reprobates took to the stage brandishing inflatable saxophones and miming to a backing track apparently produced by Maart and Anto Thistlethwaite. Then on the winter tour following I spied a Cropredy Horns T shirt at the merch desk, which was duly purchased. I have worn it frequently but never to this day have I spotted anyone else with one. The design is mildly phallic and I suspect was done in small quantities for a giggle by someone behind the scenes. Anyone know anything more about it.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 02:42:15 PM »

THE CROPREDY HORNS. During(I think) the 1991 FC Cropredy set a group of reprobates took to the stage brandishing inflatable saxophones and miming to a backing track apparently produced by Maart and Anto Thistlethwaite. Then on the winter tour following I spied a Cropredy Horns T shirt at the merch desk, which was duly purchased. I have worn it frequently but never to this day have I spotted anyone else with one. The design is mildly phallic and I suspect was done in small quantities for a giggle by someone behind the scenes. Anyone know anything more about it.

I remember the performance (moderately) well.  An absolute mammoth set...4 and a bit hours as I recall.  Do you still have the tee?  Pic?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 06:07:55 PM »

It's in the wash at the moment. So possibly tomorrow.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: