TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022 Purchases  (Read 5636 times)
Lubiloo (Lorna)
Google that lot, Bob!
Folkcorp Guru

« on: August 24, 2022, 05:26:58 PM »

In the name of nosiness, did you buy anything nice?

J always gets me an Arteangel Shineys gift, in the village. This time, a little hanging heart.

I also treated myself to some earrings, as usual. The man recognises my previous ones every time. I got J a leather wristband and, having planned to bring picnics but realising it was too hot, we sampled the ostrich burgers, veggie burger ( me), fish n chips, oggie and several cups of tea. I always have a date slice on Saturday night.

We didn’t know about the Magic Kettle, which looks good. And could have reduced expenditure on the teas.

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »

A four-pack of boxers in Primark Banbury (well, there's always at least one important thing you forget to bring...)

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »

I didn’t buy anything on the field this year  Sad not a CD, t-shirt or trinket.

I did get a Brasenose Fringe 2022 refillable coffee mug tho  : Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 09:23:39 PM »

Lots of t shirts! The best design ever this year I thought. And earrings, enough to make up for the missing years.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 10:54:42 PM »

Other than a programme (from the wristband tent) and a burrito, not a thing! Would have bought a light-coloured t-shirt but there weren't any.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 11:49:23 PM by Andy » Logged

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 10:59:04 PM »

Just a programme this year and food, didn’t have strength to go shopping.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Sue & Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 08:52:51 AM »

Other than a programme (from the wristband tent) and a burrito, not a thing! Would have bought a light-coloured t-shirt but there weren't any.

It amazes mean that whoever arranges the T-shirts never seems to pay attention to what sells. The non-black shirts always sell out early on, but they never seems to adjust their stock to provide more of them.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 09:59:37 AM »

Apart from the food, the only thing I bought on the field was a t-shirt (maroon) - it is part of my routine to head straight for the merch tent on Thursday as soon as I have found a place to dump my chair and stuff.

I did buy a couple of CDs in the village at the stall by the shop (Edward II Live at Cropredy in 1998 and Camel's Rain Dances), and one at the car boot (Thompson Family album), and amother couple from the Talking Elephant stall (Rush R40 live and Iain Matthews and the Salmon Smokers Fake Tan).  

The on-field music store didn't catch my interest this year for some reason (heat maybe?), and I enjoyed enough of the bands that I didn't do much wandering around the stalls except when I was hungry (but do remind me next year that I really don't need the Festival Special from the oriental place - my appetite isn't what it used to be!).

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »

How was the beer? Did Hook N brew a festival special?
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 12:13:17 PM »

I did buy a couple of CDs in the village at the stall by the shop (Edward II Live at Cropredy in 1998 and Camel's Rain Dances), and one at the car boot (Thompson Family album), and amother couple from the Talking Elephant stall (Rush R40 live and Iain Matthews and the Salmon Smokers Fake Tan).  

A mixed bag imho. The Thompson Family album may be the most disappointing thing that anybody involved with it has ever done. EII Live At Cropredy is wonderful, especially if you were there and Fake Tan is terrific too.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 12:16:05 PM »

I didn't go to the bar (that's Mike's job  Smiley ) but I drank a gallon of their cider over Friday and Saturday, which was very nice  Cool

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 12:29:51 PM »

A mixed bag imho. The Thompson Family album may be the most disappointing thing that anybody involved with it has ever done. EII Live At Cropredy is wonderful, especially if you were there and Fake Tan is terrific too.

Yes, I've only listened to the Thompson album once so far, and there seemed to be one or two keepers on it, but I should give it some more time before making a definite decision.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Sue & Chris

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 03:33:44 PM »

No, just Hooky, Old and Haymaker. Very nice, though.
iandiddams

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 04:57:24 PM »

No, just Hooky, Old and Haymaker. Very nice, though.

They also had a stout and a GF beer too, but none of them were AIUI a festival special.

TBH the wadworth special was in all likelihood something like a rebadged Horizon or similar back in the day.

For me - I got a tee shirt off the guy near the merch tent - "Robin Goodfellow" as thats Puck's "other" name of course (I meant to wear it alst night when we say MSND locally but I forgot!)

And an emily Barker LP - seeing her tomorrow night in Trowbridge as it happens
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 05:00:39 PM »

I bought a t shirt and some grub. The Oggies were as tasty as they have always been, the beer was very nice - to be honest, I drank a hell of a lot more water than booze all weekend. Due to my chair collapsing on the Friday, I sought out a replacement in the car boot sale and got a sturdy one that saw me through the Saturday. My son bought a silly hat for his son for a tenner from one of the stalls - that was the extent of our purchases.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 09:49:24 AM »

I gather that Goan Fish Curries weren’t at Wilderness and heard a rumour they had stopped trading. Were they at Cropredy or does anyone know if this is true? Very sad if it is, always a highlight of early Saturday evening.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »

I gather that Goan Fish Curries weren’t at Wilderness and heard a rumour they had stopped trading. Were they at Cropredy or does anyone know if this is true? Very sad if it is, always a highlight of early Saturday evening.
Definitely still there!
My purchases were the Slambovian’s latest and a copy of Matthew’s Southern Comfort’s “Later That Same Year” to replace a well worn vinyl copy.
Food wise, the samosas were superb!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 10:03:04 AM »

Definitely still there!
My purchases were the Slambovian’s latest and a copy of Matthew’s Southern Comfort’s “Later That Same Year” to replace a well worn vinyl copy.

Yes, the Samosas were definitely my find of the festival (foodwise). The Northfield Farm burgers were excellent too, as ever.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 05:33:09 PM »

Definitely still there!

Yes, the Samosas were definitely my find of the festival (foodwise). The Northfield Farm burgers were excellent too, as ever.
I had a superb meat hamper from them during lockdown when FC asked people to buy from their traders. The sausages were sooo tasty  Smiley

Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 01:37:25 PM »

Another thumbs up for the samosas - excellent quality and good value, as was the caldine from the Goan fish curry stand. The iced coffees and the melon slices were a little pricey but very welcome.... Smiley

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: