TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2022 Tickets  (Read 7365 times)
John747

« on: March 12, 2022, 01:57:21 PM »

Has anyone received tickets for this years festival yet?

I bought mine in January 2021, but haven't received them yet. I wasn't too sure if they were waiting until they were sure (or as sure as you can be) that the festival would go ahead.

Cheers,

John
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 07:24:26 PM »

Has anyone received tickets for this years festival yet?

I bought mine in January 2021, but haven't received them yet. I wasn't too sure if they were waiting until they were sure (or as sure as you can be) that the festival would go ahead.

Cheers,

John

I am in the same position, have emailed them and been reassured that the tix are safe…

But I do know some people that have received them, so I don’t understand why the rest of us haven’t yet.

Annoying 😡😥

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »

Drop a line to the Office. I'm sure they'll help reassure you all is well.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 09:11:37 PM »

Drop a line to the Office. I'm sure they'll help reassure you all is well.

Good idea, thanks Andy

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
GarethW

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 05:23:29 PM »

Hello All. Those ion you who were lucky(?) enough to order your tickets before Xmas 2019 should have received them. There was no mad rush to get those post Xmas tickets out so TTF were going to wait until the Spring to send them. However, Spring never came did it - and TTF have been working from home since, at least until very recently.
I had a meeting with them last week and, as you may have seen on the website and socials, they are going to post out the tickets and stickers in the next couple of weeks. There are nearly 3k orders and Gawd know how many tickets to print and process so it may take a few days.
It's in hand - as they say...
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 05:39:06 PM »

I did get mine way back, and they are rather faded now. Hopefully it will still be legible by August Smiley

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 06:10:03 PM »

Hello All. Those ion you who were lucky(?) enough to order your tickets before Xmas 2019 should have received them. There was no mad rush to get those post Xmas tickets out so TTF were going to wait until the Spring to send them. However, Spring never came did it - and TTF have been working from home since, at least until very recently.
I had a meeting with them last week and, as you may have seen on the website and socials, they are going to post out the tickets and stickers in the next couple of weeks. There are nearly 3k orders and Gawd know how many tickets to print and process so it may take a few days.
It's in hand - as they say...

Very reassuring GW thank you.

Andy Leonard

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 12:55:25 PM »

I see on Fairport’s website that Cropredy tickets and camping tickets are being posted out in the next couple of weeks.

barton cobbler

Loc: Earls Barton ,Northamptonshire

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022, 03:47:57 PM »

I see that the tickets available now are "Tier 4" and tiers 1,2 and 3 have sold out, when did that happen ?
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 12:45:43 AM »

Mine just arrived, perfectly addressed to Ireland (which is rare). So I didn't have to check up on them. I ordered them around Jan 2021, if that's any use to anyone waiting for theirs.

I keep looking at them like a kid with a new toy  Smiley :

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 06:57:34 AM »

I just dug out our 2020 tickets from their envelope in our safe and sure enough, they've almost completely faded away.

Looking forward to the replacements arriving.

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 01:43:20 PM »

Just checked my Saturday-only ticket - still in pristine condition!  Smiley

Flobbadob!
barton cobbler

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 03:40:18 PM »

Being as no one answered my question I did a bit a research and then remembered the worlds strangest ticketing prices. Four tiers, so far, but no numbers of how many tickets in each tier and no dates attached to any tier. As we are now on tier 4 so I would have thought that that would be getting near to a sell out, which I would be amazed at given we are still just under 4 months away with a, in my opinion, not very strong line up.
   I would imagine this site gets monitored by "Cropredy Towers" so I would love some to say how many tickets were in each tier or is it decided on a whim ?.
"Simon needs some new strings" lets move up another tier, that will pay for them !!
Call me a cynic but a system that can be changed, without any notice to anyone, is in place for one reason and one reason only. What was wrong with the date deadlines ? everyone knew when they had to get their ticket by and how much they would cost, unlike the present system.
   I have been to every Cropredy, right from the one on Crossman's lawn, I bought my daughters tickets, her usual Christmas present, before the pandemic but when I looked about getting ours I find that they are way above the "On the day" prices of 3 years ago, nearly £400 with camping, that is getting on for 3 weeks pension, meaning it's unlikely that I'll attend, I might go to the fringe though
    I know times have been hard in the music industry but sneaky price rises are not the answer
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »

I can't answer the question about tiers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is a sell-out this year.  After two years being postponed, many people would go even if it was only FC and a few mates, I suspect!  And I disagree about it being a weak line-up - I've been looking forward to this one for well over two years!

I'm sure that the system isn't arbitrary, anyway. My experience is that the band are very fair with the fans, and I seem to remember that different tiers have been in place for a few years now.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
vince42

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 10:28:08 PM »

In "normal" times the tiers system is an enticer to book early.  This gives the organisers confidence in planning for tte festival.  It's a small discount on the final full price ticket  ie tier 4  and for those like me who try to save and plan ahead gratefully appreciated!  To me it represents some extra beer tokens for the weekend.

Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 12:34:32 AM »

I just dug out our 2020 tickets from their envelope in our safe and sure enough, they've almost completely faded away.

Looking forward to the replacements arriving.
I contacted TTF a week ago asking if my faded tickets would be replaced, using a form on the website.

They arrived today!

Well done TTF!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 08:58:17 PM by Andy » Logged

barton cobbler

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 11:47:24 AM »

I can't answer the question about tiers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is a sell-out this year.  After two years being postponed, many people would go even if it was only FC and a few mates, I suspect!  And I disagree about it being a weak line-up - I've been looking forward to this one for well over two years!

I'm sure that the system isn't arbitrary, anyway. My experience is that the band are very fair with the fans, and I seem to remember that different tiers have been in place for a few years now.

When we had Alice Cooper and the Beach Boys it only reached a sell out a week or so before but we are still over 3 months away so I stick by my assumption that we are nowhere near a sell out, but I could be wrong.
    Another factor is that the majority of the Cropredy crowd are now pensioners and as a result, less likely to want to camp, and having gone 2 years without the festival, have realised can live without it.
    Re the line up, there is only really Clannad who haven't played at Cropredy in the last few years, no real "WOW" standout bands. I agree the band have usually been very fair with the fans, that's why I'm urging that they change back to the dated tier system and everybody knew where they stood.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2022, 02:18:54 PM »

Being as no one answered my question I did a bit a research and then remembered the worlds strangest ticketing prices. Four tiers, so far, but no numbers of how many tickets in each tier and no dates attached to any tier. As we are now on tier 4 so I would have thought that that would be getting near to a sell out, which I would be amazed at given we are still just under 4 months away with a, in my opinion, not very strong line up.
   I would imagine this site gets monitored by "Cropredy Towers" so I would love some to say how many tickets were in each tier or is it decided on a whim ?.
"Simon needs some new strings" lets move up another tier, that will pay for them !!
Call me a cynic but a system that can be changed, without any notice to anyone, is in place for one reason and one reason only. What was wrong with the date deadlines ? everyone knew when they had to get their ticket by and how much they would cost, unlike the present system.
   I have been to every Cropredy, right from the one on Crossman's lawn, I bought my daughters tickets, her usual Christmas present, before the pandemic but when I looked about getting ours I find that they are way above the "On the day" prices of 3 years ago, nearly £400 with camping, that is getting on for 3 weeks pension, meaning it's unlikely that I'll attend, I might go to the fringe though
    I know times have been hard in the music industry but sneaky price rises are not the answer

Well i bought my ticket last year at almost exactly this time and i paid the same price as is up there today £160.....

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 11:10:57 PM »

Well i bought my ticket last year at almost exactly this time and i paid the same price as is up there today £160.....

We bought ours 2 years ago... £155

barton cobbler

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 05:50:51 PM »

I'm not on about the prices so much as there is no buy by dates or first xxxx are this price, next xxx are this price. Tiers are totally up to someone to decide when they go up with no clues to the public
    Was it first 1000 are tier 1, next 4000, are tier 2 and next 5000 are tier 3, we are now in tier 4, is this the next 5000? or all the way up to 20000 ? No one knows and that's the bit that I don't like.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: