TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:06:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2021  (Read 64445 times)
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2021, 09:09:46 PM »

Field 8 deciding tomorrow. If they go ahead then I will go. Hope the Brasenose runs their fringe too. Maybe 3 Daft Monkeys wont travel up from Cornwall but Leatherat  and Spank the Monkey are local.

My Friend Nick asked what about the Villagers. Well by then all lockdown and Covid restrictions will have been lifted and I will do my bit for the village by spending at the Brasenose and Red Lion and buying from the shop.

I am sure they need the Trade.

My fingers firmly crossed.

As previously pointed out, there is no definite end to the restrictions, especially given the fact that rates are rising again. The end of restrictions doesn’t mean COVID has vanished. Two friends of a friend, both doubly vaccinated, currently have COVID.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2021, 09:31:15 PM »

Covid will never vanish, the Spanish Flu (1918 Pandemic) is still out there. We must return to living a full life.

Get double vaccinated and return to normality, the alternative is not really living is it?
I am in my late 60's I don't intend to spend the time I've got left behind a mask in solitary isolation.

I was one of those who enjoyed Beardy a couple of weeks ago and I'm off to the New Forest Festival next week .
I don't see why field 8 cant go ahead very safely.

The biggest danger to the villagers is the loss of their shop , pubs and local groups who have now lost their biggest paydays two years in a row.
Wandering Steve

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2021, 10:19:40 PM »

I’d imagine it will be allowed but with a strict limit on attendees.

Given that an email was sent out asking for details on who was attending on each pitch in order to satisfy the local authorities I can’t see it suddenly being a free for all if restrictions are dropped (still unlikely imo)

I’d imagine the field has a limit on how many people can camp / be on site which will be part of the license conditions with or without COVID.

It sounds like the authorities are being very strict/sensible as regards limits and I’d be amazed if anyone other than those with field 8 tickets were able to attend , which is fair enough as I’m sure the organisers can’t afford to inflict the wrath of the authorities going forward.

I think it is bound to be a sold out event and should be safe.

The brasenose is likely to have a decent crowd and will be harder to limit being a public house.
Having been there a few times recently I can confirm the owners have done a good job and it’s a safe environment so I’m optimistic that the fringe will also be as safe as possible.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »

The chaps are playing a one-off gig in The Brasenose pub garden, 5pm Thurs 5th August. only 250 tix available via eventbrite: £25 + tax etc = £32.54 each  Details on the FC website and on their (and the Fairporters) FB page.

Ticket just booked (insert smug face emoji here).

Grin

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2021, 07:05:04 PM »

The chaps are playing a one-off gig in The Brasenose pub garden, 5pm Thurs 5th August. only 250 tix available via eventbrite: £25 + tax etc = £32.54 each  Details on the FC website and on their (and the Fairporters) FB page.

Grin

Here's the ticket link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fairport-at-the-brasenose-tickets-162696500613

ps I'll see you there, Paul.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:22:23 PM by davidmjs » Logged

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2021, 07:14:35 PM »

Grin

See you there!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »

Yay!!!

I think I might make a day of it, stroll along the towpath, around to Jonah's Oak, but I'll not be having more than a pint - got to drive home after the show.

Anyone else up for this??

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2021, 07:26:26 PM »

Yay!!!

I think I might make a day of it, stroll along the towpath, around to Jonah's Oak, but I'll not be having more than a pint - got to drive home after the show.

Yep!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2021, 07:43:13 PM »

Hmm, thinking of bringing the tent and staying overnight. Any suggestions for a local campsite would be most welcome. Local = walkable. Otherwise, Travelodge or similar in Banbury...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »

Hmm, thinking of bringing the tent and staying overnight. Any suggestions for a local campsite would be most welcome. Local = walkable. Otherwise, Travelodge or similar in Banbury...

There's a few decent places within 5 miles or so on Airbnb, but come Aug I'm only going to be an hour and half away, so I think I'll probably drive 'home'.  I'll spend the money I've saved on some merch instead.  This will be the first time I've seen Fairport (who I've seen more than 50 times) in 11 years.

PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »

It's only 90 mins for me, but I quite fancy a beer or three...

Flobbadob!
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2021, 08:25:21 PM »

Grin

Excellent - I’ll also see you there!
PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2021, 09:21:32 PM »

Basic tent pitch booked at the Old Dairy Farm campsite. £15. Bargain!

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2021, 06:42:04 AM »

The Brasenose gig is (unsurprisingly) now Sold Out (although as there are refunds up to 1 day before, the odd ticket might reappear, I guess)

ps just one practical thing...IS the gig at 17:00 or at 19:00 - the eventbrite site says both?

PaulT
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »

FC website says 1900...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2021, 09:13:36 AM »

FC website says 1900...

Boo.  I rather care for 'matinee' gigs these days  Grin

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2021, 09:43:36 AM »

Enjoy it, everyone! Had I still been living in the Reading area, I'd have jumped at the opportunity, but I think it's a bit far now - especially on a Thursday evening.  Anyway, by the time I'd thought about it, I had sold out!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2021, 03:13:13 PM »

Yay!!!

Definitely up for a stroll around the village and surrounding countryside (no running anymore!)
Chris J

« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »

The Brasenose fringe is going ahead over what would have been the festival weekend although now it's a paying gig with limited tickets, but the line up still looks ok.
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »

The Brasenose fringe is going ahead over what would have been the festival weekend although now it's a paying gig with limited tickets, but the line up still looks ok.

You have to pay! Well actually if you live in range of that it's an amazing bargain.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: